I had cold and noticed something interesting...

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

I had cold and noticed something interesting...

Postby lakeswimr » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:52 am

I didn't feel so bad when I totally allowed the cold and the discomfort. When I got really present a lot of the discomfort just instantly vanished. :) Amazing! :)
lakeswimr

Postby summer » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:31 am

Hi Lakeswimr,
I had a cold recently too. Which is so strange since it is still warm and sunny here.

And like you said, I almost enjoyed the way my nose was eliminating stuff, and clearing out my head.

In Germany they call the flu "I flow". They say it is good to drink lots of water and just let your body release any toxins that have built up. A healthy body purges itself at least once a year.
summer

Postby lakeswimr » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Hi Summer,

I do think it was a cleansing. :) I think the flu is the same, although I would prefer not to get it again. lol

I was just amazed to find that my normal mode of being when sick is unconscious resistance. When I allowed the cold the intensity of the symptoms lessened so much! From this contrast (allowing vs how I was before allowing it) I could see the resistance for the first time. I hadn't noticed I did that when sick. I also saw that my son, who also had a cold while I did, didn't resist and didn't suffer much. He was happy and playing and not complaining at all. He is always like that when sick. Even when he had the flu he would still be happy. I think a lot of my experience while sick is just remembering past times of sickness and resisting.
lakeswimr

Postby DiannaLee » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:56 pm

O.K. I didn't have a cold or the flu but I felt sick yesterday and didn't know why. I was feeling frustrated and seemed to be resisting every aspect of what is. I went to the beach to try out a new body board a friend had just made for me and do some kayaking in the surf. The waves weren't big enough, the board was too wide, everything was aggravating me. After a while I decided to let myself get as angry as I wanted to and stop "trying" to be present. I took a nap, got up and went for a walk along the beach, at some point realizing that the insane inner conflict had ceased...at least for now.
DiannaLee

Return to General Discussion