A Pandemic Lack of Presence Mutates into 'Bird Flu'

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Clare

A Pandemic Lack of Presence Mutates into 'Bird Flu'

Post by Clare » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:34 pm

Have you heard the news?

On the top of all the earth upheavals and present hardship of the people from those surrounding areas, the media has decided to give some more negative input with the reports of a 'new pandemic' of flu, that could kill ...oooh 50 million people, and could kill 50,00 people in the UK alone.

Thing is, all of this is being decided on the basis of this flu which is presently only found in birds, and is only passed to humans if they have direct and prolonged contact with infected birds. So far, it has (sadly)taken the lives of sixty people, all of whom worked directly with birds, and yet it has already been through all of Asia. Hardly a pandemic.

The basis of this scaremongering is theory that the virus could be caught by a person already with a human type of flu, and then could join and mutate with it, and then it could become airborne.

The reason I put it here is because I was suddenly hit by the overwhelming lack of presence and fear projection which is, for me, the REAL infection in our society. These terrifying mumbers are truly being published as if they are facts about to happen. And it made me look at the overall state of the world consciousness right now, and I see how so many are being sucked into the negativity, and it is being fed and made fat with so many things right now.

In Huna Practice - which I suspect Eckhart would approve of - I was taught that colds' and flu are not so much caught off of one another, but learned from one another. Our bodies are invaded by bugs all the time, and if we are in balance, we fight them off and never notice. But so integral is our mind over our matter that when people all start talking about the 'nasty bug going around', we catch their thoughts! They describe it's awfulness to eachother, demonstrate it by coughing and spluttering around eachother, and the subconscious mind takes notes, the fear trigger causes stress, and before you know it, everyone has the nasty bug going around.

When I see it this way, I can also observe just how pernicious this recent form of scaremongering is. They are trying to scare people to death! It's media terrorism, or even cursing. They may as well plant the bomb, or point the bones.

Even though I am able to stand and observe it, I cannot get away from the pain and fear that seems to be everywhere nowadays. It is affecting me, which I am also observing. In a post a while back I referred to a publication which suggested a lot of the 'disasters'' that are occuring at this time may be a result of our collective consciousness affecting the earth; and how if we want suffering to cease on a global level, we must change our mind - or get out of our mind - to bring these things back into balance.

It starts with me. It starts with anyone who wants to start it, I guess.

I feel a very immediate need to read Eckhart's new book; and I feel that he has probably published this book at the exact time when we as nation needed to learn the wisdom in it. This lack of presence is sucking the joy out of life. It is creating fear where there should be life and forward movement.

For me personally, I am finding that in the onslaught of negativity which has been a part of my life as well as so many around me, I am finding myself focussing down in the smallest of things, and finding massive wonder in them. I find myself focussing on the bubbles in my bubble bath, and thinking, "Isn't that delightful? See? There is still delight inthe world" or watching a leaf falling from a tree and just holding that vision as if it was the most precious thing in the world, just because it is an autumn leaf falling from a beautiful tree. "See?" I say. "There is still beauty in the world. There it is. There." And I spend an a lot of time looking at the sky. If I ever think this world is too much with me, all I have to do is look up.

Love to all
Don't catch the bug :)
Clare

heidi

Post by heidi » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:51 pm

Thanks for that, Clare.
After observing family funeral observances - ha -I was talking to my husband about the subtext of all that was said and all that is said, the news, the speeches, everyday discussions, and defining these subtexts, I am practicing this - May the subtext of everything I communicate be the joy and love that is the only subtext of being.

So, Clare, your post is perfectly synchronistic with this being. :)
XXOO
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

summer

Post by summer » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:59 pm

Great post, Claire,
I haven't watched the news in years. I decided that it was bad for my health :lol:

Fear, worry, panic, spend your money, protect yourself with a flu shot, or life insurance, or blah, blah, blah.......

Being present, and feeling joyous is not only the best way to live life. It is also the best precaution against illnes.

Jim

Re: A Pandemic Lack of Presence Mutates into 'Bird Flu'

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:31 am

Claire wrote:For me personally, I am finding that in the onslaught of negativity which has been a part of my life as well as so many around me, I am finding myself focussing down in the smallest of things, and finding massive wonder in them. I find myself focussing on the bubbles in my bubble bath, and thinking, "Isn't that delightful? See? There is still delight inthe world" or watching a leaf falling from a tree and just holding that vision as if it was the most precious thing in the world, just because it is an autumn leaf falling from a beautiful tree. "See?" I say. "There is still beauty in the world. There it is. There." And I spend an a lot of time looking at the sky. If I ever think this world is too much with me, all I have to do is look up.
Hi Claire,

Reading your post... is another one of the things that has brought a smile to my face.

It's sad to realize that behind all the "scaremongering" we find large corporations using this very tactic to create a larger profit on the bottom line.
Yet, even though i see the political corruption, the cries of those starving all around the planet... the horror and pain of so many seemingly victimized souls as well as members of my own family struggling in one form or another.........
I can read your post... in this present moment... and smile.
Thank You,
Jim

barbarasher

Post by barbarasher » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:05 am

Great posts.

I also do not watch the news or read more than the newspaper headlines any more. I also find that most of TV and movies is too dramatic and sad.

Yes, wonder in the bubbles and the leafs and the beautiful sky....

Clare

Post by Clare » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:22 pm

Yep, Summer and Barbara, I think I may follow suit with regards to switching off the news. I want to stay informed, but it seems they are not informing us of anything but the worst of the worst. There is a periodical I have heard of that deals exclusively with good news. I am going to search it out and subscribe to it. It's not that I want rose coloured spectacles to look through, but I would like a more balanaced view of light AND dark.

And Barbara, me and my husband have an ongoing joke about tv programmes that are 'Gritty Dramas'. It seems there is a *&^*^&! ' Gritty Drama on just about every night, usually involving a) murder and detectives, or b) infidelity, or c) murder being looked into by detectives beset with infidelities. All the soaps have people screaming at each other in them - most have murder and infidelity. It's started to become funny:

"Is this a another Gritty Drama? "
"Oh, very very gritty indeed."
"Murder?"
"Yep"
"infidelitiy?"
"Anytime soon"
"How gritty are we talking here?"
"Gritty enough to leave dimples on your bum if you sat on it."

:roll:

Glad I made you smile, Jim :)

And Heidi, when it comes to families, there is always subtext within subtext! Sounds like you are getting a very good perspective on it, which someone should hand you an award for given the circumstances.

Blessings
Clare

phil

Post by phil » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:02 pm

It seems we can strive to seperate useful info from hype.

As example, pandemics are a biological historical fact. They happen. Fact of nature. If one is coming, public education seems appropriate.

But, whipping ourselves in to a frenzy about them is just another pandemic of it's own, agreed. And over reacting to such frenzies by making oneself deliberately ignorant of useful information might be seen as a counter frenzy.

I would agree that 24 hour ad supported news channels are likely not the best vehicle for useful information. The McNeil Lehrer News Hour on PBS is an informative and hype free alternative.

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:17 pm

I got dimples on me bum! :shock: :oops: :lol:

L. Bryson

Collective negativity and the slow fear drip of media

Post by L. Bryson » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:20 am

I could'nt agree more with this thread. I too have "checked out"
from the media and all television except PBS for the past 5 years.
As a newcomer to this site I am pleased to find others aligned with their higher good and with a comittment towards focusing on the joyful and positive. Our minds do create outcome. I am challenged at times myself
( this holiday season for example ) many friends and aqquaintances seem to be in their own " nuclear winters." Sent loving energy out but also sequesterd myself in my own personel reality. Loving detatchment.
Fear and negativity are absoloutly contagious. We must all surround ourselves with a force field of peace, joy, and love to ward off the chronic toxicity of collective negitivity and fear.

Love to all

L.
L. Bryson

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:40 pm

‘I haven't watched the news in years. I decided that it was bad for my health.’

Dear Friends - do you sometimes get a sneaking feeling that our world has become one in which only bad news is good news? I do and to me refusing to give way to this and taking part in any kind of negativity is an important part of our role as healers. Instead of adding to the clouds of darkness that surround us and our world by insisting on watching and listening to the news, we are here to do everything that is within our power to counteract these tendencies and do our share of dissolving these clouds.

We are responsible for what we allow our earthly minds to be filled with. And for anyone who is seriously interested in taking charge of theirs, I suggest that you set a good example to others. Whenever you hear or see it is time for the news on radio and/or TV, exercise your freedom of choice and remind yourself that your set has an ‘off’ button. Before opening a newspaper, recall that no-one can force anyone to read or listen to anything. Protect your mind from being bombarded with and penetrated by all the negativity our sensationalistic and media-orientated outer world is constantly trying to pump into the collective consciousness. When your friends find out that this is what you are doing, they will soon enough tell you whatever they consider to be important, whether you ask them or not. Why not try it for a while and watch how they relish reporting any negativity they have come across? This kind of thing has always been happening in our world; it is just that with the advance of technology it can now be served almost instantly to all who are willing to pay attention. After all, it’s a great filler of air time and seller of newspapers.

As you and I prefer quality of information rather than quantity, switch off. Please, do yourself the favour of refusing to create your own guilt trip for doing so. Instead, be happy and rejoice, because increasing numbers of people round our world are coming to the same conclusions. Reflect on how environmentally friendly your behaviour is. Think about the energy you are saving, and the forests that do not have to be chopped down because of you and all those like-minded souls round the world. Then feel good about yourself and all you are doing to help our planet in its struggle against over-consumerism. Let those who are addicted to the news not fool themselves into thinking that this issue is unimportant. It is, because we are all responsible not only for our thoughts, but also – as mentioned earlier – for what we allow our minds to be filled with.

More imperative still is that we, the awakened ones, do not dwell upon chaotic material conditions. Are we not privileged indeed to know that – in spite of whatever may happen in our world – everything rests safely in the hands of the all-pervading, all-loving, all-knowing, all-powerful and all-understanding spirit of our Divine Father/Mother, the Great White Spirit? All who ever spent a lifetime in the Native American tradition, as many who are here now are likely to have done, know how in those days the Great Spirit was worshipped by all. We were aware then, as we are now, that this is not only the Source of all being, but also the One from whom all the blessings on the material plane life come forth, including our own life. The One is going to provide us with all the spiritual strength and sustenance we shall ever require, so that we may carry out the special work that has been assigned to us for our present lifetime. We can always turn to It and draw from It whatever our needs turn out to be.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

Tara

Post by Tara » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

I was actually thinking about this subject yesterday. I find when I read the news about the economy, how many businesses are closing, what may close and how many have lost jobs, I get a twinge of fear, anxiety etc. We have basically lived paycheck to paycheck all our married life, so right now all is "well" (nothing really changed as far as financial) but the media has me (actually my thoughts have me) feeling like I need to get rid of everything that is not a need, cut this off, cut more coupons, save money, don't go anywhere, don't plan to visit my mom whom I haven't seen in 5 years etc...

But I realize it is what it is and what ever happens happens and I want to "live" now and give now and only be in this moment cause that is all I have anyways, right?

I think I too shall stop watching and reading the news:)

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Dear Tara - that's an action I highly recommend! One also needs to consider that on the inner level of life, where we are all one, all the negativity that is being pumped into the etheric by the mass media and by the masses who so promptly respond to it, is constantly influencing us all. It's very difficult to close oneself off from that! The more sensitive one becomes spiritually, the more this can be felt. What we all need most of all is psychic protection by day and by night.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com