Treasure of Sierra Madre

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Treasure of Sierra Madre

Postby weopposedeception » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:43 am

This is an old Bogart film. I loved it as a kid (it was old then). I think it won a few oscars. It's about 3 guys who go searching for gold in the mountains of Mexico, and what happens to them as a result of finding it. Great portrayal of human greed. In the end John Huston and the other guy(don't remember his name) stand there watching as all their gold gets blown away in a tremendous windstorm. Huston starts laughing uncontrollably, the other catches on and they're both laughing hysterically.
This movie has deep personal meaning for me. I lost big in the stock market in 2000 because of greed. The saying on Wall St. goes "pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered". I like to think of the gold getting blown away as all the trappings of security I sought with my ego: the career, the money, the house, the relationship, etc. It all gets blown away eventually. Like ET says, "all structures are unstable". I was looking for love in all the wrong places. I was sitting on a box of gold and never bothered to look inside, so I remained a beggar. Whatever I think I need to "seek" is already here right now.
weopposedeception

Re: Treasure of Sierra Madre

Postby logan65 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:56 pm

I love that movie..thanks
logan65

Return to General Discussion