Ny Times Article on the soul- interesting

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Wings

Post by Wings » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 pm

After reading and reading some of your references and having to think more than I usually want these day’s, you know Seancho, I came away feeling not more intelligent or more the intellectual of days of woe. It felt more so like the same old gymnastics I had learned to leave behind and thus it became it bit exhausting.

Where I am at, at this moment, its just way to much unnecessary thinking for me, which is just not conducive to the kind of peace I enjoy. The human condition for me IS what it IS. Quandary’s will always exists but more for some than others. I enjoy keeping thoughts, pondering about this and that at a reduced level, which expels what I refer to as, mind/based thinking overflow.

At times, when alone with stillness and silence present, for reasons I do not need, nor care to “think about,” I just feel good about it and let if flow. It’s my moment, my time and many years have past before I could get here and it is just something that IS without further adue.

Falling back into that spiral which empties into that ever present chasm of doubt for me is a trap no longer wanted nor needed. There are plenty others available who thrive more so than others in this and evidence of this will always be here.

Today, this moment, in all its simplicities, is just like any other day of acceptance of what IS and “for me” it is just fine as long as its working. 2 cents. :D

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:06 am

:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :?: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Last edited by Seancho on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:17 am

Thats a good point Wings. less thinking, not more. Thanks for the reminder. Im right there with you.

AND... it might not be the best idea to drag our friend W into this mess to make a point. No need to get that close to the painbody :) Observing the behavior of pretty much any politician will give you a front-row seat on the workings of the group mind.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?