are we inviting terrorist attacks.?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
void

are we inviting terrorist attacks.?

Post by void » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:25 pm

I am not condoning terrorism, but am wondering if we are inviting it? If you read anything other than the medias side of the story you may see what i mean.... the u.s and the u.k together are making terrorist attacks more likely. we use our media to push our version of events rather than the truth as it is. we use political power to beat our enemies with sanctions..erc and when we dont want to answer difficult questions we veto people off the table. Militarily we have so much firepower no one can fight it in any fair way at all,,,,so if our critics or opponents cant debte via the media,, or politics... and cant match the massive firepower,,, what do they do? we know what they do.. they fight dirty. Its like playing poker on a table full of cheats,,, someone is cheating the deals, someone is cheating the chips,,, so what do you do? you either resign yourself to the fact and leave . or become a cheat yourself
j.gibirdi

Goldenflutist

Post by Goldenflutist » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Read The New Earth. That will give you perspective on why people are involved in this kind of behavior. It is also a matter of awakening, which is catching on slowly!
A dog's eyes reflect the innocence and beauty of nature.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Void, what has this topic to do with clarity of being and awakening to now? It appears you're making a political assumption that is seeking validation for your point of view. It is the type of opinion that is more likely to divide than unite.

As you know we do not allow political debates in this forum. There are plenty of venues on the web if you feel you need to express yourself in this way. They will be happy to have you join in.

If there is some pointer to a greater awareness that you are making, then it is eluding me. Please clarify if there is. If not, then please avoid political topics that are inherently divisive into who's right and who's wrong. It is not our format to debate and resolve political arguments.

Ever Learning

Post by Ever Learning » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:46 am

Well I am condoning terrorism and war and really do not see such a big difference between the 2 of them.
I think ypouve pretty much answerd your own question Void.
Militarily we have so much firepower no one can fight it in any fair way at all,,,,so if our critics or opponents cant debte via the media,, or politics... and cant match the massive firepower,,, what do they do? we know what they do.. they fight dirty.
Now in my opinion War is just as dirty as Terrorism.

mad

Re: are we inviting terrorist attacks.?

Post by mad » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 pm

void wrote:I am not condoning terrorism, but am wondering if we are inviting it?
Let's consider terrorism the behavioral outcome of an extremely active collective painbody. How to deal with such a 'creature'?
Feed it with more pain? One can guess the outcome. Am i right this is the point you're trying to make?

I understand Webwanderer's reaction, although i haven't been on this board that long, i know what can happen when a discussion is going out of hand....but even so, i think it's interesting to look at politics and whatever's going on in the world in the light of Eckhart Tolle's views.

In A New Earth he says, that every time he hears the term "The War On..." he knows it's a failure before it's even started. The War on Drugs! The War on Terror! You can imagine the size of the ego's that make the decision to declare all these wars. And in the end we all end up with more trouble.

In the Netherlands, there are problems with certain cultural minorities, especially the young male members of those communities. And what you see is, that politicians that stand for the tough approach gain popularity. It's really sad to see people make the same mistakes again and again. But it'll probably serve a purpose....
Ever Learning wrote:Now in my opinion War is just as dirty as Terrorism.
I never met a person who was able to explain the difference between the two...

eseward

Re: are we inviting terrorist attacks.?

Post by eseward » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:30 pm

mad wrote:In A New Earth he says, that every time he hears the term "The War On..." he knows it's a failure before it's even started. The War on Drugs! The War on Terror!
Right. I really like the way he says that.

heidi

Post by heidi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:58 pm

A bit off topic, but fitting:

Two Arab mothers are sitting in a cafe shop chatting over a pint of warm
goat's milk. The older of the mothers pulls her bag out and starts flipping
through pictures and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed. He's 24 years old ".

"Yes, I remember him as a baby" says the other mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though" mum confides.

"Oh, so sad dear" says the other.
"And this is my second son Kalid. He's 21"

"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he had such curly hair when he was born".
"He's a martyr too" says mum quietly.

"Oh gracious me", says the other.
"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He's 18", she
whispers.

"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started
school".
"He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second mother looks wistfully at the
photographs and says ...

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

OnlyNow

Post by OnlyNow » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:18 am

are you sure heidi

what a terrible post
When the Pupil is ready the Master appears

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:36 am

what a terrible post
Terrible, hmm terrorist, terrible - yep. You have to admit, it's funny.
Fact is it's happening.
Heidi

OnlyNow

Post by OnlyNow » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am

I have to say I think its cynical and unfunny

Edit: It would seem you are having a night off from 'presence', perhaps an ego trip?

Edit 2:

Actually I think its disgraceful, and totally unfitting for this forum.

Did you know that Kahlil Gibran ( the prophet) was an Arab?

And what of our Arab posters/readers here, what must they think.

I really cannot believe you would post something so crass and insulting

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:40 am

Taking it personally?
We'll move on from there.
Heidi

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:01 am

mad wrote:I understand Webwanderer's reaction, although i haven't been on this board that long, i know what can happen when a discussion is going out of hand....but even so, i think it's interesting to look at politics and whatever's going on in the world in the light of Eckhart Tolle's views.
It is indeed a very volitile subject, and can easily stimulate painbody eruptions. The only way this can be discussed here (as I see it), is to stay above taking sides in the politics. Understand, war and intentional violence is just politics in the extreme.

There is nothing new in war or politics that hasn't been happening for millennia. It has shaped the world we live in today. Can we say that all the wars in history were wrong? Arjuna was having a difficult time of it on the field of battle until Krishna explained things to him. It's been decades since I read the Bhagavad-Gita so I don't remember the details, but maybe someone could chime in with Krishna's take on the battle.

On one level it is very disconcerting to consider that life forms, from the most microscopic to humankind, have engaged in the slaughter of other lifeforms since life came upon this planet.

It must be acceptable from the perspective of the Creator however, it is afterall a key factor in the cycle of life. If true, how does this affect our perspective of war. Again war is an extreme function of politics, and politics can be exceedingly destructive to the lives and wellbeing of humankind without firing shots.

OnlyNow

Post by OnlyNow » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:15 am

heidi wrote:Taking it personally?
We'll move on from there.
Possibly, but there is more to it than that.

IMO, apart from being totally insensitive, I just felt that such a sick joke as that to be in complete opposition to your persona projected here as Heidi regarding ET's work and 'presence'

Can you remember his comments about 'the other'?

This joke would seem to highlight that attitude

I don't think you would hear a joke like that from ET in public or private.

TBF, its seems so unfitting here.

I could be wrong but it says to me, this ET and presence is fine as a project but hey lets not let it get in the way of a good laugh.

When you make or repeat a joke like that you align yourself with one of its possible targets ............to belittle the Arab population.

Gallows humour may have its place..... at the gallows; just not on a board like this.

In my view its an absolutely unconscious uttering.

OnlyNow

Post by OnlyNow » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 am

Webwanderer, concerning your last post

when you talk about 'the creator' it suggests a single god or entity as in the theist tradition.

My Understanding of ET's works is that we are all 'the creator' or 'That' as much earlier traditions calls it, splintered off into apparent individual life forms.

As such we feel seperated from the whole and in our fear we strike out as a group to attack other groups ie war.

In the illusion of seperateness struggling to return to that 'whole' our pigmy selfs strike out at our perceived enemies who are in fact just other renditions of the one life immersed in illusion just as ourselves.

Perhaps this earth as we know it will eventually rid itself of Man, an apparently troublesome manifestation of the one life or perhaps we will overcome our fears and realise our true beginnings and recover 'grace'

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Onlynow wrote:when you talk about 'the creator' it suggests a single god or entity as in the theist tradition.
As often happens, language is insufficient to describe the relationship of Awareness to form. Does the form of life contain intent? If so, what might be the building blocks? There certainly seems to be an evolutionary nature to the world of form. Even though it is fundamentally a movement of consciousness, form interacts with form in some interesting ways, many of which are quite violent. Considering the history of human relationships, are we so different?

It seems possible that humanity is in the birth process of the next stage of the evolution of consciousness. If that is the case, what moves that process forward and what retards it? Is it not the subject of this forum to further our understanding of our essential nature as it relates to the experience of form? None of this presumes a separation from that essence, but for the most part humanity as a whole, and each of us here, have considerable experience living in the appearance of separation.

Getting emersed in the political details is more likely to strengthen our differences than our oneness. It seems the wiser course to accept life as it is in this moment thereby increasing clarity than to judge the right and wrong of politics. Can we honestly say that things are not unfolding as they should?