pracitces/meditation

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
dune

pracitces/meditation

Post by dune » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi,

While I understand that practices/meditation are "OK" but for only "until you don't need them anymore", I continue to struggle with anxiety and fear and find that meditation still helps me go into my body more fully.

I would like to hear others' opinions on this.

Also, does anyone have any particular music or meditation CD or mp3 media that they would recommend?

I would love to obtain the piano music on the beginning of the the Findhorn retreat DVD, " Stillness Amidst the World".

Thank you very much,
Dane

dubhasa

Post by dubhasa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:53 pm

What I find personally, is that same method does not work for too long. I work one method for few days, months till I get tired of it or till I just decide to change. Number of methods or portals are listed by ET. I find all of them very helpful. I use them depending on the time or activity.
Goal of every method is bypass mental realm. You need to experiment with various ones and decide what best suits you.
I also find creative visualizations helful if you are so inclined. I also like to absorb alpha/theta/delta waves. Only thing that I don't like is guided meditation. Somehow, instructions seems to be another noise or obstacle.
As long as you are aware moment to moment, you don't need anything else.
Best,
dubhasa

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:37 pm

I just throw this out there for your consideration: the anxiety, like depression, is caused by identifications (beliefs of your conditioned mind/ego mind/false self about how the world is and how you are, etc). If you observe the feelings and put words to them, instead of trying to fix or end them, and if you can remember that they do not represent the real you (but rather they are an earlier conclusion you came to, ie. things looked that way at the time), you will find your attachment to the conclusion/belief/viewpoint fading, and your anxiety/depression along with it. As this fading occurs, you find yourself returning effortlessly to the present (Now).