Awareness and Action

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Awareness and Action

Postby phil » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:23 pm

I was reflecting that Tolle's awakedness, by itself, would seem to not be so useful to those of us who will never meet him.

Rather, to be more precise, it seems that it is Tolle's ability to translate his awakening in to a specific action, clear comprehendable writing and speaking, that is the value for us.

Using this as an starting point example, can we explore the relationship between an inner state of awakedness, and the actions we take in relationship with everything around us?

One point of view might be that actions taken outside the context of full awakening are still driven by illusion, and thus may not be constructive useful actions.

Another point of view might be that there appears to be quite a bit of wordly business to attend to regarding matters large and small, and not too many fully awakened people available to carry the load. Should we care about this?

How does, how should, awakening influence our relationship with the world beyond our own heads?

Hmm. Not sure I have a handle on asking this question yet, perhaps you can help.
phil

Postby be-lank » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:40 pm

No one is listening to you.
be-lank

Postby phil » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:56 pm

Good! So I can burst out laughing at that last post, and no one will notice! :-)
phil

Return to General Discussion