Tolle? Here? NOW?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
presentlybythesea

Tolle? Here? NOW?

Post by presentlybythesea » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Nowists:

We are nearing 1,000 members on this site. In reading the various posts and the responses I'm often struck with the ease of retrieval of Tolle quotes, with the depth of readings of other spiritual teachers and the personal insights shared here. An astute group is concentrated on this site; an enthusiastic group.

I notice that there are many good questions and general discussions posted by members. Some interesting questions that I don't recall ET getting into: Is the use of prayer dead now? "Scientific questions" about the brain... Questions we might encounter not only here but in interactions with others.

Maybe if we had answers that Tolle might suggest we could be more effective in bringing consciousness to the world.

Just look at the forums of questions and discussions to see the variety and quality of some of them.

I was wondering if we could submit questions to the moderators and they vetted them to a certain amount, 12 or 20, whatever and invited Eckhart Tolle to grant us the honor of his virtual presence in answering them.

I would think he'd consider participation; after all, we are avid consumers of his books, videos and DVDs as well as propagators of his portals to enlightenment. Questions might also be culled from past posts.

Tolle might even find the dialogue between himself and our group useful to employ in a future publication or DVD.

Tolle: "With the grace of awakening comes responsibility...Opening yourself to the emerging consciousness and bringing light into the world then becomes your primary purpose in life." A New Earth

As I've said, this is an enthusiastic group. And as Tolle says, "Sustained enthusiasm brings into existence a wave of creative energy, all you have to do then is, 'ride the wave'."

There are a thousand of us. Maybe we can help bring about the New Earth of consciousness. Maybe we're riding the wave right here. Rignt NOW.

I wish you peace,
Presentlybythesea
Every encounter in the present, an opportunity to affect collective human consciousness.

Narz

Post by Narz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:15 am

I think it's a great idea bythesea and I'd be honored to participate if such a thing could be set up. :)

presentlybythesea

Tolle? Here? NOW?

Post by presentlybythesea » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:20 pm

Narz, apparently you and I are the only ones who would be interested in inviting ET to answer some questions from our group. This topic has been posted for over a month now and no one else seems interested. I'm really amazed.

I wish you peace,
Presentlybythesea
Every encounter in the present, an opportunity to affect collective human consciousness.

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:52 pm

hiya

He answers a few questions on his site. but very few.

questions are often just the mind looking for something
to grab onto anyway. It can often be a false understanding.
we will not become enlightened by asking questions
that´s for sure

CFSLos Angeles

Post by CFSLos Angeles » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:17 am

goatboy:
that´s for sure
I, respectfully, couldn't disagree more. All the great breakthoughs that most "enlightened" beings have achieved were only possible when they began to question "the status quo." In fact, all great breakthoughs in all fields, such as science, were possible because somebody asked a question and then set about trying to find the answer.

For myself, the question was always, "What is the purpose of it all?" And the answer that eventually proved most freeing and therefore useful was: 'there is NO purpose!" :)

Love and Serenity,

Michael

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:50 pm

CFSLos Angeles wrote:goatboy:
that´s for sure
I, respectfully, couldn't disagree more. All the great breakthoughs that most "enlightened" beings have achieved were only possible when they began to question "the status quo." In fact, all great breakthoughs in all fields, such as science, were possible because somebody asked a question and then set about trying to find the answer.

For myself, the question was always, "What is the purpose of it all?" And the answer that eventually proved most freeing and therefore useful was: 'there is NO purpose!" :)

Love and Serenity,

Michael
hi
yes I know what ur saying. I would say the mind is useful in solving problems or finding out answers to scientific things. Although, these are just superficial. For example what is water? ok a scientist will say its
Hydrogen and Oxygen, and then atoms etc.. but that´s not what it is.

At the beginning questioning is useful, like you say to question the status quo, maybe to shake ourselves up a bit.
but there comes a point when all questioning
is futile. You will just around in circles. What is love? there is no answer that can be uttered that will tell us what it is, so you have to experience it
directly. That´s why some spiritual teachers use noble silence, let the
question fall into the abyss!