Human Species Enlightenment

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
weichen

Human Species Enlightenment

Post by weichen » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Want to start a thread that discuss about the enligtenment of human species as a whole.

Being concerned about the enlightenment of general public is as important as being concerns about the quality of air and water we consume everyday. After all, we are ONE.

One effective way spiritual teachers are doing is give FREE public access to their video in google. The high technology that allows fast sharing of video is helping the enlightenment of human species to accelerate. Unwilling to pay for the DVD is no longer a roadblocker. Also the distraction (suspicion about spiritual teachers are actually fake and are there to make quick and dirty money) are also unlikely to get in the way.

When spiritual teaching show little effect to majority of the public, the spiritual teacher may say something like "these people are not ready to wake up yet" or "reading my book would plant the seed in their heart even though they are not ready to wake up right now". One can use a completely different angle and make a dramatically different comment: I (the spiritual teacher) have not yet have a deep enough understanding about human being and I have not yet tried enought ways and not yet found a way to quickly help the majority of the public to wake up. This new angle puts the responsibility on the teacher himself.

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:04 pm

If you go by the hole everything is one statement then there is no one to enlighten since there is no one.

Well about the free stuff. Most of the free stuff aint very good. Gangai, Adyshanti and all that crap. There is alot of Poonja stuff available but it is of very poor quality.

One thing that is possible though is to just compile two ongoing lists.
The first list lists teachers the other one all the free things that are available.
Then you just give the lists to those who find it interesting.
Would also be good if the teachers was examined based on these guidelines http://www.energygrid.com/spirit/ap-falsegurutest.html
(A lot on the site is complete and utter crap but that list is okay)

kenognosis

Post by kenognosis » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 am

Being concerned about the enlightenment of general public[...]
...is being concerned about a very small part of the plane of form.

This sounds like basic post-satori relapse, where one mentally dissociates from the individual egoic form only to fall into an even deeper and more expanded egoic identification with a so-called "whole"... may it be "us", "the whole humankind", "the whole universe", "the whole multiverse up to the 11th dimension", "God" or whatever. Concepts, form, mind.

Who is concerned with the general enlightenment?
Who is feeling joy if general enlightenment comes sooner, who is feeling sad if it comes later?
Who perceives time and space as recipients for enlightenment?

The only way you can contribute to the enlightenment of humankind is by allowing within yourself the space for observation, awakening, presence, awareness, consciousness... and the list goes on as the mind goes on. Words, concepts, form, mind.:)
And yet you don't have to be any of these words now, do you? Allow what is without defining what is, and you will see awakening everywhere and in everybody, as it is happening already.
Who?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:29 am

Awakening to the dream does not necessarily change the content within the dream. It does however, change ones understanding of the nature of the dream. Lucidity is presence awareness that there is no separation between content and perception.

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:34 pm

kenognosis wrote:The only way you can contribute to the enlightenment of humankind is by allowing within yourself the space for observation, awakening, presence, awareness, consciousness...

Allow what is without defining what is, and you will see awakening everywhere and in everybody, as it is happening already.
Very nice. :)

weichen

Post by weichen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:20 pm

Allow what is without defining what is, and you will see awakening everywhere and in everybody, as it is happening already.
Thanks, kenognosis!

kenognosis

Post by kenognosis » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:22 pm

I'm so glad it ringed true to you, I was afraid at some point that it's too bluntly put and that it may sound offensive.:oops:

I usually try to refrain from offering unsolicited advice, since I seem to constantly prove myself wrong anyway, with each day passing.
However, in some particular cases the advice comes from something I've actually lived through, from an actual experience rather then from a mere interpretation of something I've read, and then I push myself into taking that risk. As with this particular case, I can say I've been "there", identified with the world and trying to contribute to its redemption. I even went as far as to devise grandiose holistic plans for that sake, believing all along that they were inspired by the true Consciousness residing in me. To make a long story short, it all ended up in overwhelming paranoia, a strong and undefined feeling of terror haunting me for days. Hopefully, I've then realized that by trying to do the "good" I also created the "evil" in my projected world, that by trying to be the saviour, I gave birth to the dragon. Without that realization, a new false guru would've probably been born into this world... oh yes, I was that proud!.:lol:
Who?

darren

Post by darren » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:45 pm

"Well about the free stuff. Most of the free stuff aint very good. Gangai, Adyshanti and all that crap."

Did you mean Gangaji? Why is are they crap? Or you mean the actual free stuff that's available?

On that note this my favorite Google vid: (oh and its Gangaji btw :) )

Burning of Spiritual Materialism
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... &plindex=2

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:41 am

Most of the free stuff aint very good. Gangai, Adyshanti and all that crap.
Fortunately, I listened to them before your assessment of them as "crap" and found what's freely available from them on the web to be outstanding. I think we can each reach our own conclusions and don't have to rely on any one person's word as the gold standard in judging what has value.

suraj

Post by suraj » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:06 am

Fortunately, I listened to them before your assessment of them as "crap" and found what's freely available from them on the web to be outstanding. I think we can each reach our own conclusions and don't have to rely on any one person's word as the gold standard in judging what has value
Well said , Kiki .
I have been following the last few posts of one of the members and it seems to me that the person has made pointing out the fake teachers the mission of life. Well, carry on ....
Maybe all the talk of 'fake teachers' will lead to the true teacher within .
I AM

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am

So you've followed me around have you?
Just write it to me instead of trying to hide it behind some lame third person talk.
Not false teachers but those that I think are crap which is a difference. and when I say crap I speak from my own perspective which really is the only perspective anyone can speak. Others may find them extremely helpful.
As I see it no progress or very little progress crappy teacher or student. Good progress good teacher or student.
But you have to ask yourself are all teachers good teachers?
Most of you never question anything here from my experience.
No background checks. When will you celebrate Osho.

You write that you find what they say outstanding but that is just words and have no value. Have you followed what they say, meditated upon it and reached samadhi? Which of their students have reached realisation, enlightenment? Live positive samadhi?
Are their pointers good in a practical matter? Can they even be followed in the everyday life of a householder?

But I do think an enlightenment machine would be fun. Then people could be born enlightened just like that danish guy.

mikel

Post by mikel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:38 pm

When will you celebrate Osho.
perhaps you could add a link in the spiritual teachers section...

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:13 pm

That I will never do. Not to that crackpot.
Official site http://www.osho.com

mikel

Post by mikel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:18 pm

crackpot? do you mean eckhart tolle?

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 pm

I said Osho was a crackpot. He is no spiritual teacher just like Andrew Cohen.
I take Adyshanti and Gangaij over Oshu everyday.
Everyone is enlightened compared to him still he has guru status.