Progressing stages of consciousness?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
YUDoodat

Progressing stages of consciousness?

Post by YUDoodat » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:25 pm

I just woke up (from natural sleep, that is) and I remember experiencing something curious and wonderful that has happened to me twice in the last couple of months. Perhaps some of you are experiencing similar things? I will attempt to describe my experience here. (This ain't gonna be easy!)

I remember being in a dream state, deeply asleep, when suddenly I felt a bodily sensation of (I'm searching for words here) an 'exquisite tension'. That doesn't quite do it justice though. First, my entire body convulsed, almost as if in orgasm. Actually, the bodily sensation was much like what is known as a 'wet dream' but without any sexual climax. I felt a warm glow throughout my body - especially in my extremities, but also in my groin. That's why a description like '"orgasm" would not be far off. (Actually, even as I write this, I am experiencing a sort of "afterglow" much like what I've experienced after making love to my wife.)

Almost simultaneously after this convulsion, in response to the bliss I was experiencing, I remember thinking, "Oh, Lord Jesus!" As these words passed through my awareness, simultaneously I "saw" with my spiritual eyes what seemed to be a pulsating panorama of sorts. There was some color, but not much. However it seemed to be more images of pulsating light similar to what I experienced when I experimented with some conscious breathing several months back. Some readers may remember my post where I tried to describe this.

This "panorama" is almost impossible to describe. It was simultaneously like viewing an indistinct crowd of people as if from a distance, as well as a changing, pulsating city skyline. It was precisely like neither because the shapes were moving and changing much like a spiritual light-infused smoke.

As all this was passing through my consciousness, I was still asleep, however I was distinctly aware that I was somehow 'dreaming'. It was a very unique and pleasant experience. One thing I feel distinctly is that my heart has been slowly opening like some sweet soul magnolia blossom lately as I practice some of the techniques put forth by Dan Millman in the book "No Ordinary Moments".

Would any of you readers care to comment on what I've written, or have you had similar experience of your own? This is pretty new to me - as I wrote, it has only happened to me twice that I am aware of. And just in the last few months.

Thanks in advance for your time and input.
Every one is a Teacher. S/He who teaches by force becomes a proverb. S/He who teaches by example will become a parable.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:42 pm

This reminds me of kundalini type experiences. I have had one arise while sleeping, starting at the base of my spine and in the dream state it was seen as a red hot poker pushing into me. It woke me up out of sleep and allowed me to see inside my body as well as hear all sorts of weird sounds. When it happened I simply laid still and watched it unfold.

That was a long time ago. I have had other kundalini experiences but nothing quite as dramatic as that. For a long time I was driven to pursue more of those kinds of experiences, but I found that this dynamic is what held me back from the ordinary and wonderful experience of being present with what was right before me.

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:09 pm

cOOl! I want one :D

eve

Post by eve » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:36 am

There are all kinda of spiritual/mystical experiences. They can become stories that draw our attention away from the essential. The essential is knowing who is the experiencer

innermusiq

no thanxs

Post by innermusiq » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:53 am

I would respectfully say that its illusion and easy for the mind to produce and leave you chasing more and only stimulates more thought ( how fleeting experiences are ). Best to find what is real and abides for ever in the NOW.

eseward

Post by eseward » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:01 pm

At one time I used to describe experiences of deep presence (lack of ego activity) as a sort of very mild orgasm that often lasts for days. Also, I think the opening of the heart is natural for folks practicing these teachings; it has a very distinct feel IMO.