resisting and sexual attraction

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Seancho

Post by Seancho » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 pm

BrahmanEternal wrote:
Ok and i also say "Hi i m Brahman the Eternal there is no me, no You, only The One, so how about a cup of coffee?? "lets go" look on my face..."
YES!! OMG, thats so much better! You could kill with that line! :D Can I use that?
To tell you truth i dont care about women rejecting me , it hurts my little ego but its so slashed and thickened i dont feel a lot lately.
Pain is a potent teacher. Maybe you are lucky. Do you see whats causing the pain?
The problem is one big fear i think a lot of people have, its one of two basic fears, fear of insanity, fear of those inner thought forms collapsing.

Iv been alone for so long i developed these strange thought forms, i think i have some kind of schizophrenia
I agree. Look how much fear there is in the world. Its universal. And its just for the reasons you say.

But when you really look at it is there anything to fear? When you stop idealizing the mind, who cares how crazy it is? All human minds are crazy. All minds get stuck in ruts. thats what they do.

Theres really no use messing around in that. Trying to fix the mind just makes it crazier. But YOU decide how seriously to take your silly mind. I can tell you that it is possible not to take it seriously at all.

And if the whole house of cards collapses....so what? Refer back to my first post. Those pictures are not real. In some circles, they put a robe on you and make you a Guru. And then you get all the chicks. 8)

Want to see a collapsed mind? Take a look at the picture at the top of this page.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:45 pm

I love what Adyashanti said "its like a attorney trying to find false evidence in anything"

Everything in this world is so insecure, thats driving me nuts, all these forms being destroyed, its changing all the time, people die, people go nuts, i cant stand it. :( :( :(

But i realize this is my little ego that is afraid of losing itself.
It wants security. But where is security? Sure not my father who always told me how unfit for everything i m. Or those peers who lauighed at me when they courteously asked me if i have a girlfriend in high school.

There are so many pressures in the world , so many bad messages for the ego.

My mind always asks me, what if you are one of those unlucky people, what if you are one of the limited ones?
What if your thoughts are not good enough ? what if your body is not good enough to be happy?
what if what if....
and really, what if? Nothing is secure, so what if i m one of those who will reach that side of ultimate limitation and thus ultimate unhappyness?

I know this sounds like existential crisis and it is, is hard to surrender to the limitation because its limiting, its not enough happyness, so how do i surrender then?

There can always be better mind, body, material things, can i ever be fit enough?
All these questions.

God... i feel better now :)

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:07 am

Brahman the Eternal one, listen for a moment...

Really Listen...

Can you hear it? ...

Can you feel it? ...

Can you sense it?...

It's the sound of the moment...happening.

It's the sense of the present...being.

Content...it's all the same, it's all unique, it all adds to the diversity of Divine experience. No part is better than another. Is red better than blue? Does the shadow not define the light?

Play your role in the ongoing creation, whatever it might be. It begins now where you sit, and continues in your every endeavour.

Be openly engaged in this/every moment; to do so transforms the mundane into stimulating adventures.

Be cognizant of your own foibles. It is the cognizance that matters, not the foibles.

Expectations are poisen to ones sense of joy.

Give up all hope of success; that hope is but a balm for the ego's fears in now.

Abandon hope and discover freedom.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:02 am

MY PRESENT MOMENT AND LIMITATIONS--moderate happyness

IDEAL MOMENT OF BRAD PITT ENJOYING PRESENCE WITH ANGELINA--ultimate happyness

Its that simple, and that resistable.

Another story, thoght forms that produce constant sensations, the nature of this problem worries me, this isnt part of resistance of mind, its just physical reaction to such thoughts through sensations best described as pressure, so this pain cant be transcended unlike anger or anxiety. This is my worry and i doubt surrendering can help me with that.
what You people think?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:09 am

To the degree that you believe that, you will experience it as true. Change the belief (or release it), and change the experience.

You get to choose.

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:21 am

If all else fails you could always use a little Italian foreplay. I learned it when I was in Brooklyn.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:17 pm

Seancho wrote:
BrahmanEternal wrote: Pain is a potent teacher. Maybe you are lucky. Do you see whats causing the pain?
Yes, the sense of personal loss of a value i deem important for my survival.
My fear is that i got alzheimers desease variation of some sort and that i will always be in the circle of pain that i ll never get out of it in this life until i slowly and painfully die.
So this is the first major fear of every human i think, fear of hard life or say insanity no control of the moments, and second is fear of no life at all - death.
Who can beat this? He -She is really one true winner.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:27 pm

Seancho wrote:
BrahmanEternal wrote:
You have your real life, right here, right now, and your mind is making an imaginary 'better' life in some fuzzy future place and time. And the difference between the two is driving you crazy. You believe your real life 'should' be like the one the mind imagines.
But you are doing the same thing as my mind, You are telling me that i get out of this moment of comparing my life to other moments, you are criticizing my current moment.
So as you can see the moments can be better. So can limitations.

Have you seen the movie Hurricane with Denzel Washington. (The story of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, a boxer wrongly imprisoned for murder.)
This was really.... an inspiring movie but lets face it, his life was screwed up by the powers to be.
I think something similar , ok not quite like that but interesting story is what happened to controversial spiritual teacher Osho and how he met his fate.

What is really happyness? I think i proved in previous post it has a lot to do with material things, and these things are under control of outside influences, so what can we tiny egos do about it, except fear it?

So will someone tell me what i do about it if i get into that permanent circle of pain i cant get out of no matter if i accept the moment or not?
what if a painful desease strikes me?

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:52 pm

darren wrote:So why don't you get out there and meet some women?
Because, no offence with this, typical women like You perhaps , 99% of them, want studley studs who have everything material perfectly set on them.
And we all know everybody is not born beautiful. what do you think why Eckart experienced the presence in his young age, I m not so sure young women of his age paid much attention to his average body, i bet this gave hima lot of headache before he accepted the moment as it is, i wish i knew how.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:13 pm

Seancho wrote:Ok, so you have that perfect moment of love with that perfect woman. The ideal feeling of love and oneness. Its all perfect and beautiful in that future ideal moment.

That sounds great. Youve got it all. So what then is the problem?
Ideal woman will want an ideal man, so that much about my ideal material moment.

Angelina wont settle for handsome contruction worker. Nor will Brad Pitt settle for average looking waitress.

Ideal feeling of love and oneness require a sane mind, so there goes my feeling of love and oneness.

Everything requires some condition, damn bloody condition, i hate it from the bottom of my guts.

Ok i guess this thread will be deleted now with so much negativity, i dont mind it.

darren

Post by darren » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:38 pm

You just need to go out and meet women, forget about what they will look like naked. Forget about ideals and all that bullshit. Go out and have fun and talk to girls everywhere you go, have fun!!! If you aint scared about being rejected then that's a good thing...you got nothing to loose.

And if a girl doesn't like you for you then she isn't worth being with in the first place. I guaranatee if you meet enough girls a few will like you to. Probabley some like you already but you don't even see it.

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:03 am

Well my friend, it seems to me that you are enjoying the creative output of your mind. All the drama and fantasy. The romantic life of a victim and a dreamer. As long as that is so, you really arent going to be too interested in giving it up.

Just realize, if you savor your part in the drama the mind has created for you, you get all the pain that goes along with it. If that works for you, then all is well.

If however, you are weary of living in pain and fear there is another option. You dont have to believe the story.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Yes this is true.
Ok lets get creative and positive.
I need to find a way to stop negative ruminations, yesterday i had some ego beating in disco , two girls telling me i m not good looking enough for them, and i kept thinking about it for following 3 hours and later too but not so much, id be enjoying that event if it went positive, curse of duallity eh.
But interesting thing about duallity is that many times people perceive things on negative side of duallity and if they can be dramatic, i think i have this tendency to blow things out of proportion in my mind.

Is there a way to speed up breaking free from this negative ruminations cycle?
I tried shouting "STOP!!!!! " :)

Reminds me of the so popular these days.. law of attraction, the way you get and color your reallity.

Speaking of law of attraction i think it could be one of the solutions for this problem but it would take a lot of time. Because thoughts create attraction for similar thoughts in a vague way, i m not sure exactly how this happens but there is attraction happening in metaphysical level, the more i ruminate the more thoughts come of this kind the energy that was in conciousness before them attracts them in a way, as i said its hard to figure out how this happens exactly but it does for sure, not one negative thought is without a price, remember that. :)

All the teachings fit together perfectly and its a blessing to be exposed to this kind of knowledge and no ignorance is not a bliss :) but its bliss of NOW yea :), without these teachings and many others i learned through years like Vipassana, Emoclear i dont know where id be today, LOA and Eckart Tolle teaching as i said make perfect sense, Pain body is like a big negative magnet that attracts more of the same pain. Its like a cultivated farm of negative emotions and it has to bring the same energy back until its cut in its roots, if its not fought God help the person.

shappy

Post by shappy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:14 pm

BrahmanEternal wrote:Is there a way to speed up breaking free from this negative ruminations cycle?
I tried shouting "STOP!!!!! " :)
ha ha... I like that. :)

We all go through very similar situations... you're not crazy (confused, yes - crazy, no).

I'd love to share with you how I sped up breaking free from that negative cycle.

First of all, as a preface, I'll describe where I was at the time (which was only about a month ago). Essentially, I simply couldn't go on the way I was any longer. I was in therapy for years, I was recently separated and living back at home with my parents (I'm 31). I did not have a job, I was alone, and I had so many debilitating beliefs that I had a hard time picking up the phone and calling my banking representative for advice (I just thought she'd think I was stupid or something of the sort).

Anyway, I stumbled upon A New Earth and it spoke to me in a way that nothing ever had before. It was just all true (well, most of it). I soaked up the bits about the ego and the pain-body and constantly applied them to my daily life.

Then I realized that all the thoughts (and the emotions that followed) that created this distressed "me" were not actually me. I am separate from that. It's just a massive trick. Similarly, all the thoughts that create this distressed "you" are not actually you. Amazing, isn't it?

After some time of practicing what I read, the worries just slipped off. I had no use for them anymore. I then experienced enlightenment for a short time. It stopped because I was thinking too much and my ego found it's way back in (the experience is beyond words, by the way). But that's still my problem, I think of it as an experience. I don't trust it. How can I? It's so far beyond anything this society has taught us! These are issues I have to deal with. I think Adyashanti calls this the spiritual winter or something like that.

I'd also like to add that I think stuff like the law of attraction (and other similar techniques) ultimately just prolong a false reality. It's simply fine-tuning the delusion. If you feel truth in the process, then by all means go for it. Otherwise, stay away.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:48 pm

I'd also like to add that I think stuff like the law of attraction (and other similar techniques) ultimately just prolong a false reality. It's simply fine-tuning the delusion.
That's a wonderful insight; I like how you put it.