Phil

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Phil

Postby be-lank » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:34 am

Dear Phil,

I want you to know how happy I am that you are here. You give so much to this site, to all of us, to me. And you are right in many ways, and there is often truth to what you say.

Sometimes conflict comes as this is an Eckhart Tolle site. And as you know, I am a devoted member of The Power of Now. If I were to join a Christian site, I would get some flack! Though not as extreme,
much of what you say goes against what The Power of Now is saying.
So the members- mainly moi, feel compelled to correct you. "Why else would he be at this site unless he wanted to know about The Power of Now?"

But I see now that this is not so. And that’s okay! One cannot convince another about Truth, maybe a greater Truth, and Truth does not have to be defended. I completely accept you for who you are now- and you are wonderful! You amaze me.

You are right. To each his own. (Even if One is all there is!)

I give you the same freedom you have given me. You are a super example of allowing. A lovely wife like Kathy, can’t be wrong!

Your friend,
Lisa

Whoo-hoo!
be-lank

Postby phil » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:07 pm

Hi Lisa,

As always, thanks for your kind words.

You needn't worry about giving me flack, correcting me, etc. Keep it up! This is a discussion board, and each of us ascend the public soap box at our own risk. I'm having a good time, and hope that the back and forth of our discussion provides some value to somebody.

I sense we're all on much the same path. Each of us is trying to better understand the process of "accepting what is".

I think it's wonderful that we have a place here where we can observe a growing variety of sincere people finding their own way in to their own understanding of "accepting what is".

As the forum and PON movement grows, we'll see even more variety. There are 6 billion people on this planet, and not all of them are white middle class suburban westerners with "new age" culture inclinations. It's a big world out there. More choices for readers, that's great.

Those who see no need for any perspectives beyond Tolle's have his books and tapes. Everybody's covered.

It's a balancing act. On one hand we want to learn from teachers and each other.

On the other hand, any kind of authority or conclusion obstructs the true teaching, our own inward observation.

We'll probably never get the balancing act perfectly right, and I'm guessing that's just part of the fun.

Here's a salute to the amazing diversity found within any one ecosystem. Whoo-hoo!
phil

Return to General Discussion