dealing with clever strategists

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
fifi

dealing with clever strategists

Post by fifi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:24 am

my pain body is a clever stratergist. it was only activated some time last year, and i have found it difficult to control at times, especially when confronted unawares.
what usually happens is this...

1. i either burst into tears before a thought is even thought.
or, 2. stop and think about the event, speak and react without ego, usually in a fun way, then moments later, i think about the event negatively, then burst into tears and then get mad as hell with myself for allowing it to sneak in so quickly!!

my question is, do pain bodies ONLY react to other pain bodies?

i am new BTW great place to learn and form support :)

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:46 am

Hi fifi, and welcome to the board.
my question is, do pain bodies ONLY react to other pain bodies?
No; in the absence of another pain body your own ego will use the mind and whatever circumstance is at hand to trigger some sort of story which will enliven your own pain body. As you've said, the ego is a clever strategist and will do anything to keep itself from wholeness, even if that means pain because it then reinforces its own sense of separate existence. What ego fears most is discovering it isn't real so it will resort to any means to ensure that it isn't seen as illusory, and the pain body is its right hand man. Getting mad as hell at yourself is just another egoic tactic, self-judgment.

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:49 pm

As has been said, the pain body will use whatever is to hand. For example it will use a situation to resonate with a past experience that was painful to create new pain.

Say you had a wonderful relationship that ended really badly and left you feeling terribly lonely and miserable for a long time. Your pain body could be triggered by something as straightforward as watching a sad movie, or seeing a happy couple in love together in the street, to just being alone at home thinking about what you would have been doing with that person had you still been together.

Sadness, anger, envy, anxiety are just some of the feelings those situations could generate as the pain body draws from the past and projects into the future.

The pain body can react to stored pain and sorrow and so generate or regurgitate it so that you relive the darkest moments of your life, your most intimate sufferings, again and again.

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:04 pm

Well said IMO, mccpcorn. :)

fifi

painbodies

Post by fifi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 pm

Right on guys, thanks, Im currently trying an experiment where everytime a thought starts and spirals off down the street like an abnormal hairball, I visualize an angelic me(a bit like Dawn French with wings) jump out and catch it and turn it into a bunch of daisies! so far so good!

Ives

Re: painbodies

Post by Ives » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 pm

fifi wrote:...a bit like Dawn French with wings
That is so cute!

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:30 pm

Great answer mccpcorn.