Death

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Intel

Death

Post by Intel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Hey all,

I would just like to ask if any of you know what happens after death? I recently met an enlightened teacher at a satsang. A woman in the crowd asked if her husband is somewhere looking down on her. He said if a person still believes in an "I" then the mind latches itself onto a cell. He said that you would a more subtle body. He was reluctant to go any further than that saying that he wants to concentrate on what is most important, helping you realise your diving nature.

It reminds me of the bhudda saying that he knows what will happen after death but won't comment on it as it won't help you in this lifetime. I know this isn't directly related to enlightenment, however I'd just like to know in the meantime. Thankyou
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:23 pm

Never read any comment by buddha on death other than that is not something that can be answered.
Ramana Maharashi said let the dead worry about the dead or something like that.
Some Zen buddhist teachers say that you seize to exist.
If you think about reincarnation that is precent in some teachings where is the "I" that is reborn?
If you were reborn you would have thoughts from it then again some enlightened ones say that in the quest for enlightenment you will have these memories but you have to ignore them and work through them.

Personally I have the opinion that when the brain goes the "I" goes with it.

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:41 pm

worm food :(

darren

Post by darren » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:59 pm

I don't know what happens after death, but I believe in life after death. Things are to pefect for there not to be a god/creator.

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Darren that just raises the question. Who created God?
The adveita vedanta says that the gods are only manifestations of the universe just like us. There is only One the Brahman Or Buddha nature Or Tao.
The most interesting question is why is there anything at all. That question drove me nuts when I was younger now I have learned to ignore it =).

darren

Post by darren » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:02 pm

The adveita vedanta says that the gods are only manifestations of the universe just like us. There is only One the Brahman Or Buddha nature Or Tao.
But that is also a belief, nobody knows for sure.

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:42 pm

Believe whatever makes you happier but don't be afraid to say I have no idea.

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:43 pm

how about this..

You tell me what it was like before you were born and I'll tell you what happens after you die... :wink:
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

darren

Post by darren » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:51 pm

It reminds me of the bhudda saying that he knows what will happen after death but won't comment on it as it won't help you in this lifetime
How could even the buddha know for sure what happens after you die?

Believe whatever makes you happier but don't be afraid to say I have no idea.
Agreed.

weichen

Post by weichen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:40 am

Seancho wrote:how about this..

You tell me what it was like before you were born and I'll tell you what happens after you die...
Agree.

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:21 am

Author Kenneth Ring is a foremost researcher of NDE (near death experience), read one of his books, they are excellent.

darren

Post by darren » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 pm

Some NDE's:

Uh oh, were all going to hell...

Bryan Melvin contracted Cholera by drinking contaminated water in Tucson Arizona. For about 4 hours the atheist Bryan was gone from his earthly body; first to stand in front of Jesus, and then to a nightmarish world, a place of horrors, doom, despair, unending nightmares and ugly ghoulish creatures.
More:http://bibleprobe.com/hells-dominion.htm
Doctor Richard Eby, then in his 60's was lying on a sidewalk with his skull cracked open from a fall when he was Caught up to Paradise. This is an awesome witness. Among other wonderful things, Dr. Eby says; "No bifocals needed. I had instantly noted that my eyes were unlimited in range of vision; ten inches or ten miles--the focus was sharp and clear."
More:http://bibleprobe.com/dreby.htm
I can remember faces in the blackness calling out to me; inviting me to join their wall. I think that the people I saw were those who are not ready to cross over just yet and they are the ones that are seen as ghosts. Anyway I was drawn towards them until a light came flying towards me, it was a bird; the bird symbol of peace to be exact. Its light guided me towards an even brighter light that felt welcoming. When the brightness cleared I could see a line of steps with angels on either side singing some song I could not make out.
More:http://www.bibleprobe.com/rebecca.htm
After Kennedy was able to talk, I said, "You were asleep for a long time, I have been missing you. What did you do?" He answered, "An angel picked me up and we flew. We flew through walls, clouds, and I flew through you, Mommy."
More:http://www.christianitytoday.com/tc/2002/006/11.68.html

Original Link: http://bibleprobe.com/nde.htm

darren

Post by darren » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:33 pm

Interesting article on that site about the Buddha foreseeing Jesus (The part is highlighted)
Full Link:http://bibleprobe.com/buddhatoldofjesus.htm

darren

Post by darren » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:58 pm

I was told to look at another person who was in the fire. I saw a man with very long hair wrapped on the left hand side of his head. He was also wearing a robe. I asked the king of hell, "Who is this man?" He replied, "This is the one you worship: Gautama [Buddha]." I was very disturbed to see Gautama in hell. I protested, "Gautama had good ethnics and good moral character, why is he suffering in this lake of fire?" The king of hell answered me, "It doesn't matter how good he was. He is in this place because he did not believe in the Eternal God."
http://bibleprobe.com/backfromthedead.htm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

***REPENTS***

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:21 am

This hell story-dream reminds me of a star trek episode with holograms involved.
Buddha beleived in Eternal God if by God you mean Being.
Sending people to hell just because they do not beleive in ironfist creator(notice the smell of these words) is just another one of crazy "christian" beliefs.