http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:10 am

My eyes my eyes :shock: !!!!

L. Bryson

What a visual...

Post by L. Bryson » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:00 am

:wink: Aaaah.... the joy of fine art! I do beleive I am going to enjoy this site! LOL! ( sshhh, behave yourself L. ) I used to sculpt but alas, my crations fell quite short of this guy...

L.
L. Bryson

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:42 am

She Didn't!

Heidi- you're one Amazing woman!

My affection for you has now reached Zenith!

He IS beautiful.

Welcome to the Zoo L. B!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:45 am

Hey! Can someone put a squirrel head on "David."

It would be a real treat for Philly- don't you all agree??

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:53 am

Better yet- a chicken head! Claudia, that's your depo.

(He doesn't know the plan- so we'll just keep it that way.)

I am still laughing at "my eyes, my eyes."

You are so funny! Hysterically funny!

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:00 am

Whew.

summer

Post by summer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:32 am

Phew. David does look embarrassingly small in the statue.

The fig leaf certainly gives him more dignity :lol:

Clare

Post by Clare » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:28 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Genius. Pure genius.

Also, welcome L ! I'm glad you found us. :)

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Now that's Not funny, Claudia.

You took away the best part!

Besides, the fig leaf is when all the trouble began.

And I ain't going through all that again!

And summer- not to worry- it grows!

DavidK

Post by DavidK » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:47 am

be-lank wrote: Besides, the fig leaf is when all the trouble began.

And I ain't going through all that again!
Amen to that!

-Dave

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:34 am

Ah yes, and so we have come full circle, back to Eden, returning to our roots of not knowing good and evil, not knowing time and dwelling in the fruitful garden formed from the great IS.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:53 pm

Thank-you Phil, for your post on “unpresent”. I appreciate it!

And I do agree with what you wrote about the values of the forum.

My post was about what happens to me. John has the opposite reaction.

Does being involved in the forum give one more presence or less, or neither?

If there is anything of true value to my posts, in all their variety, it is the presence within me that gives it value. But if that presence is less due to posting and involvement- “Houston, we have a problem.”

This has been something I have been looking at throughout, but allowed myself to play. No regrets!

A thought was, maybe this presence is being given, shared, and that is why I feel less Oneness with Being. But I never heard of such a thing!

More likely, it stimulates thought and emotion, it takes my attention away from simply Being and being attention itself.

Instead of having Presence as number one in my attention, it takes a back seat and this forum becomes number one. This Form. I am placing my attention on form, instead of the formless.

And has it really helped me or others? Maybe sometimes, but the only real help comes from within. Signposts can be given and in different ways-from “lighten up” to “laser beaming ego” to “Power of Now reminders ” but the only way those are of service is if one follows the pointers. And Eckhart and nature and others have all the pointers one could possibly need.

Again, this is just me- my brain and personality. This forum is super for many others. As long it is bringing one closer to Presence, and not used to enhance self.

My brain chemistry is abnormal- to say the least. I am all the way into anything I am into! I do not put down this forum when I turn off my computer. It is with me throughout the day. In both the background and also foreground. I can be cooking and something Claudia wrote will come to mind and make me burst out laughing. Or something you wrote will make me smile. Or something someone wrote comes and aggravates me. And on.

My head has no turn off switch to anything I find stimulating and interesting.

On the plus side, this is also true for the spiritual- for The Power of Now. For over three years that was It. Totally consumed by it, with great rewards.

I mentioned music- my music I should say- and how it messed with my head and silence. So I stopped listening to it for a couple of years. Because silence was more important to me than my beloved music.

This forum for me is like my music. I love it too much! Like my music, there is an addiction to it. It’s as if anything that I love too much has to go! Because my attention goes to it, and my mind hangs on to it,
and this is at the cost of Presence.

Jesus described the Kingdom of Heaven as being like a man who sold all he had to buy a great pearl.

Does everyone have to do this? I don’t know. Do I have to do this, experience says I do.

Will it be painful to pull the plug?? Hell Yes!

Not only due to losing this, but I know what awaits me- which is also painful.

This forum has not only been rewarding and fulfilling for me, but it has also been a distraction for other things in my life- such a physical pain and other pain. My attention is taken enough to where I have been able to ignore these other things to a large degree.

Without the distraction- it’s back to “That Hurts!!”

That said, when the fullness of Presence returns- that is a Peace and Freedom and Glory that has no competition. I want my God back!
I want my God back in its totality! I would give up anything for this!

When Presence is my sole companion, and say I am alone in the woods,
this is helping humanity Far more than anything Lisa could say or write.

This is something you don't really get. But it is true. Interaction with others can be helpful, but it does not hold a candle to the redemption of form that happens when one is truly and absolutely Present. Just by Being-this one is a blessing to the world, and on the deepest level. It is pure goodness, sacredness, the field of Now, awareness aware of Itself, that touches all Itself. Everything. For everything that Is is within each of us. The whole world is within us. When one can Be Still enough- still the mind enough- this is realized.

This is where the real world service and help comes from, as it heals the planet and all at the roots- it dissolves the unconsciousness that created it by simply Being. Pure Grace heals fully.
“So, open the can, or set it down and leave Lisa and millions of others to explore the question on their own?”

As I see it, we all explore the question on our own.

Now if there were another who was ready to throw the question away, another I could drown in the glory of this divine sea with, that would be most welcomed!

I truly am beyond the questions, and Love is what is here, and Love has its way with me- and yes it is lonely, but where are the others?
Still on the beach asking questions. And that’s alright. This is part of it. I was asking questions and telling truths for decades. And it can be very fun and rewarding!

But my home is the Ocean.

And I am beginning to swim back in.

(Who’s coming? There’s plenty of room!
If not yet, I’ll meet ya there.)

As Leon Russell sings,

I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:19 pm

Ahhhhh, the divine paradox of the tolle forum! 8)

Open the can and let the worms do what they will.
I think of the forum like anything else in life. It's a choice to come and go as we please. Some jump on for an extended joy ride, others hop on when the spirit moves them, and I visit more often since I have a responsibility here.

I truly do believe that we can achieve presence in this busy world, and I think that's one of Tolle's biggest themes. Every bit of consciousness makes the observer, whether we're out adrift on the silent sea or rowing with a crew and listening to the chatter. :)

Being the observer, I can best descibe as when I'm doing art, and instead of saying to myself "this is an eye, and I'm drawing it" my hand draws a dot, a circle and some curved lines without naming or judging.

I think participation in this forum can be that way, too. Lisa, just by being conscious of the fact that the forum about silence brings more noisiness to your being, becomes itself a raising of consciousness and a sharpener of your observation of the essence, the beingness.

I truly do believe that consciousness in the very day stuff is where we'll be finding our enlightenment since most of us don't have the luxury of the monastic life - eh?

Anyhoo, I enjoy your posts and appreciate your contributions.
Last edited by heidi on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

phil

Post by phil » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:24 pm

Lisa, another great post.

I love the way you use your own brave, honest, personal words and experience to shine a light on something so many are sharing.

Billions of people. Using electronic media to push the pain body away.

A few people are talking about silence, but most everybody else is diving headlong without reservation in to an abstract world that becomes more compelling by the day.

Even those of us who know how to talk about silence, here we are, talking about it.

The magnetism of e-media is powerful stuff!

If we're going to talk at all, this global mind event is surely something to talk about.
My brain chemistry is abnormal- to say the least. My head has no turn off switch to anything I find stimulating and interesting.
Um, ya gonna have to work harder if you want to be special. You just described the human condition!
It’s as if anything that I love too much has to go!
It should be clear by now that I'm not present enough of a writer to resist setup lines like this. :-)

Do you love God too much to stop and enjoy _being_ a limited human being for the few moments you've been given to be one?

Sure, it hurts sometimes. I hear ya, me too.

Kinda like a long train trip through some strange foreign countries. Sometimes the weather stinks, sometimes the food gives us the runs, and sometimes some smelly squirrel herder with a big mouth sits next to us on the train.

So what we gonna do? Stay home?

Geez, we'll all be home soon enough, no matter how lost we get, and whether we like it or not. All return trips are guaranteed, no exceptions whatsoever. Nothing could be more certain.

We're here now. Human. What's the big hurry to be somewhere else?
When Presence is my sole companion, and say I am alone in the woods, this is helping humanity Far more than anything Lisa could say or write.
OK, to each their own, gotcha. Some people are born to be monks and I respect that role. It does have value. Agreed.

You, being yourself, most likely does help humanity more than trying to be something you are not. I'm with you there.

My ego-centric nut chewing nature aside, all I really ask of monks is that they maybe not pretend they exist at the center of everything.

No creature lives at the center of nature.

Sorry. I am as usual chewing on you, because that's my own limited squirrely nature form. I accept my limits, but you don't have to, cause you're not me. You're you!

If pushing up against your own limits is you, then push!

Thanks for your posts Lisa. I find your reflections on your relationship with us refreshing.

I hope we don't lose you, but if that's what needs to be, then OK, go girl!