Intel asked some interesting questions...

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
CFSLos Angeles

Intel asked some interesting questions...

Post by CFSLos Angeles » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Hey dude,

I know you're writing a book on enlightenment so i'd like to put in a few suggestions that you might consider. They don't directly relate to enlightenment but I'll ask anyway.

Firstly could you address the issue of self-esteem? This is very important to me and other people although its large egoic. Is there a natural scale of beauty or is it random. E.g. is it obvious to anyone with eyes that Brad Pitt is a good looking guy or is it because everyone say's he is. Are you really beautiful if you think you are or is that a lie.

Secondly what about cosmic ordering. Do you believe that book 'The Secret' which say's if you think about something enough and believe it will happen then it definitely will? Or is that a lie? Should we be concerned with what happens or not mind that much, choosing the enlightened way?

Is feeling the inner body any essential part of enlightenment? ET say's it is in his book, yet Gangaji never talks about the inner body or any sort of meditation. She simply ask's you to be the watcher or stay present.

Would you address this vegetarian nonsense thats come up on the forum recently too. Are only vegetarians allowed in heaven/enlightenment?

Can you follow the road to enlightenment and still be faithful to your religion?

Do women really have it easier when it comes to finding God?

These are just a few ideas I threw out that some people might enjoy. I would anyway if you could answer them. Thanks

Thanks for your email intel,

Self esteem used to be a big topic to me and I even gave speeches on how to improve it. However, once you "get it" you realize there is no such thing as self-esteem, because there is NO SELF!

Yes, there are certain qualities that make people beautiful looking. While on a purely physicial level most of the world (but not everyone) would agree that Brad Pitt is handsome. But, people who have learned to let their "true nature shine" through (as in my "Shining Spirit" video which I have posted on this forum elsewhere) can also be extremely beautiful looking, simply because of their energy or "vibe". Another way of saying this is that mean, petty, jealous, ego driven people come off as unattractive regardless of how "physically attractive" they may be.

While well meaning and useful in a practical sense (it's certainly better to think "positively" than "negatively") it's still "mind stuff" and so "The Secret" has the bulilt in trap of keeping you stuck on the level of mind and form (and again, if you are going to operate there, being positive that you will get what you want is a good thing), however one must be willing to see through this trap and move beyond "the secret", which is really about acquiring more "stuff." We, on the other hand, want to "let go" of stuff. :)

Yes, getting in touch with your inner body is a key "portal" as Eckhart says, but I have to confess I am still not very good at it. However, I suspect that the more time you spend "in your body", just sensing and feeling it's aliveness, the easier it gets.

Not sure what you mean by "vegetarian nonsense", however I gave up red meat 25 years ago and only eat chicken and fish. I think each person has to figure out what works for them. One thing both "sides" can do is let go of judging each other or somehow feeling that their way is somehow superior.

As far as I can see, religion does a great job of preventing people from acheiving true enlightenment. Firstly, most religions love to play the "my god is better than your god" game. And if you don't believe in MY god, than you aren't getting into heaven, so nananana on you! :roll:

Also, most religious practices take place in the mind, i.e., the repeating of prayers, etc. and thus never give stillness a chance to arise and make its powerful presence felt.

Do women really have it easier when it comes to finding God? Well, on one level men do seem to have bigger egos and so that could make it harder for them, but remember, it's not about "finding god." It's about awakening to the realization that YOU are God and always have been (but just haven't been able to see it as of yet!) 8)

Hope this helps!

Love and Serenity,

Michael

JD

Re: Intel asked some interesting questions...

Post by JD » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:45 pm

CFSLos Angeles wrote:mean, petty, jealous, ego driven people come off as unattractive regardless of how "physically attractive" they may be...
Well, they certainly don't come off as physically unattractive, as some of the greatest Hollywood sex symbols have been extremely petty and ego-driven. And physical attraction is what matters most to many people.
people who have learned to let their "true nature shine" through (as in my "Shining Spirit" video which I have posted on this forum elsewhere) can also be extremely beautiful looking, simply because of their energy or "vibe".
If their outward appearance would be considered plain or unattractive by the majority of people, then their inner beauty will only be visible to the small minority who look beyond surface appearances.

It would be a strange beauty contest that awarded Pema Chodron higher marks than Natalie Portman.

What you really seem to be saying is that true beauty is an inner quality. That may be true, but that kind of spiritual beauty has little or nothing to do with physical beauty, which is what Intel was inquiring about.

The answer to his question: "Are you really beautiful if you think you are?" is, Yes, to yourself, but not necessarily to anyone else. However, some people will be subconsciously influenced by your belief that you're beautiful (if the belief is very powerful) and will also come to believe it. This is why many con-men are successsful, even with the most preposterous schemes - they believe their own lies with such conviction that their victims also come to believe in them.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:50 pm

It would be an interesting debate to uncover the whole mechanism that forms taste of beauty in ones mind. I v seen so many "naturlly" beautiful faces deformed by plastic surgery which comfirms that these people do not see themselves as i do see them. Then it comes the issue of anorexia which is also an interesting subject i would never fall in love with monsters who were nice curved looking girls before. Then even more interesting topic is body dismorphic disorder how about this one, on Oprah i saw like 5 beautiful people crying that they see monsters in the mirror, wtf?
I think all the magazines, tv channels and other media means failed in their duty to be responsable. Media is a damn person that lives with you, a friend, your parent when you are a kid what you see on it is what you will become.

Ives

Post by Ives » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:19 pm

BrahmanEternal wrote:I saw like 5 beautiful people crying that they see monsters in the mirror, wtf?
Good point.

I'm reminded of what Jesus said: "Give no thought for the morrow".

Only I would add my version along with his: "Give no thought for the mirror".

:)

redindira

Post by redindira » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:19 pm

Do women really have it easier when it comes to finding God?
ET says in "The New Earth" Although women have egos, of course, the ego can take root and grow more easily in the male form than in the female.This is because women are less mind-identified than men.They are more in touch with the inner body and the intelligence of the organism where the intuitive faculties originate.The female form is less rigidly encapsulated than the male, has greater openness and sensitivity toward other life -forms, and is more attuned to the natural world.

Personally speaking , I think it is easier for women to be anchored in Presence.(apologies if this remark sounds like a divide between the male and female).
indira

Intel

Post by Intel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:26 pm

So this means that even if I become enlightened I still won't get laid! :(
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?