Laughter

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Laughter

Postby be-lank » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:13 am

David K’s golden laughing Buddha delighted me.
And Claudia’s big “Philly” Chicken broke me up.
(We’re laughing with you buddy- never at you!)

True laughter is so beautiful.
Eckhart speaks of laughter highly.
A grand spaciousness is there when we are laughing.
And we also are not taking it all so seriously in that moment.

What makes you laugh?
Can you recall a time when you laughed real hard?
be-lank

Postby DavidK » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:41 am

I work at a Borders bookstore. When the book, Signspotting, came through I took a peek. I had an uncontrollable laughing fit to the point where I literally had tears streaming down my cheeks. Here is a link to their website: http://www.signspotting.com/

Dave
DavidK

Postby summer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:48 am

Just a couple of hours ago, I was laughing so hard it seemed like a wave of silliness had taken over. It felt delightful.

Some of us were discussing Swami Beyondananda, and the hilarious way that he has of describing spiritually serious people. Of course, I could relate myself to how seriously we take ourselves sometimes. And how funny we are at the same time :lol:

Here is one of the funnies
# 2. Celebrate “One, One, One” to Affirm Oneness.

There’s no escaping it, folks. We are all part of the inescapable Oneness. The Universe has us surrounded. Might as well surrender. We’re all One. In other words, if I’m One, you’re One too! Let’s celebrate every January 11th – One, One, One -- to affirm our Oneness.

and another
# 10. Use the Peace Mantra to Wage All-Out Peace.

All that inner peace you’ve been developing all these years? Time to let it all out. All out peace. Whatever you’ve been saving it for, now is the time. Chant the peace mantra to help you keep your inner peace, even when your outer peace is in pieces: “Ah, peace on it!” See? I bet you are feeling more peaceful already.
summer

Postby heidi » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:49 pm

I have a big file of stuff I've saved, and this one always gets me to laugh. A guy's halloween costume.

Though I should try and keep this forum on topic, I do know that laughter is such a divine gateway to the now, we'll have to allow it. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Return to General Discussion