Joe vs. the Volcano

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
sparks

Joe vs. the Volcano

Post by sparks » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:28 pm

The thread about "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" got me thinking back to another movie about awakening.

"Joe vs. the Volcano" :mrgreen:

Anyone else seen it?

Eggman1

Re: Joe vs. the Volcano

Post by Eggman1 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:01 pm

I realize this is an older post but I couldn't resist adding a comment as "Joe" is one of my very favorites. My first post was about favorite movies about awakening and of course, I had to mention "Joe". It ages well and is worth repeated viewings especially with people who you know will appreciate it and have not seen it.

"Thank you for my life".
Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves -
regret for the past and fear of the future.
-- Fulton Oursler

jugu

Post by jugu » Mon May 11, 2009 5:44 am

Sweet movie.
It's funny, all the Waponis are so hypocritical. They worship that volcanoe so much and yet when it comes time for just one of them to go ahead and jump right into that volcanoe they all chicken out. It was that gosh darn orange soda. What's also kind of funny is that when Joe ends up jumping into the volcanoe, it just ends up spitting him right back out and sinks into the ocean. Joe ends up right where he began. Well I guess he gained a girlfriend but that's about it, he's still stranded in the middle of an ocean.

Eggman1

Post by Eggman1 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Joe gets the girl and a true awakened life. He was at the end of his life from his perspective in the beginning.
Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves -
regret for the past and fear of the future.
-- Fulton Oursler