Drumming Goose....

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
L. Bryson

Drumming Goose....

Post by L. Bryson » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:21 pm

Took up Djembe some months back and discoverd my pet chinese goose "Marwyn" has an ear for spiritual drumming. He is also rock & big band fan, his favorite drumming tune is Shaggy's rendition of " Angel of the morning." Could be he like's how I substitute his name in lyrics!

On this particular evening I needed to excuse myself from practice ( a wee bit of wine sent me in search of a misplaced music book ) I was astounded to hear my drum playing itself from the other room!
Marwyn leaving his preferential post on step between kitchen and living area. ( He has typical short man's complex and prefers an elevated platform to survey his domain.) He seemed to prefer treble tones and was happily doinking away with his beak when I peered around the corner. Now if only I could figure out a way for him to reach the bass center with his flappy foot ,what a SLAP he could deliver!

Point to this little tale.....? Presence, observation, and high use of intelligence. If a mere goose can master these qualities certainly we can!

Am I certifiable yet? :lol: :lol:

L.
L. Bryson

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Not quite L. But I do see great potential!

How fun you are! There is an aliveness in both you and your stories that is so appealing.

I am familiar with geese, but they are American- meaning I have done my share of wrangling with them. And often they are the victor!
They are surprisingly intelligent- and very entertaining. And as long as I have plenty of bandages on hand, I enjoy them!

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm

Oh that is too cute.

Love,
Claudia

DavidK

Re: Drumming Goose....

Post by DavidK » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:45 am

L. Bryson wrote: Am I certifiable yet? :lol: :lol:
L.
No. You're fine.
But you might want to have the goose tested.
You know, just to be safe.

-Dave