On a serious note

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
L. Bryson

On a serious note

Post by L. Bryson » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:36 am

Will someone explain the " member" status to me? What is the formula here? Based on no. of post's....? length of membership....etc.?
Does it have something to do with fig leaves & half eaten apples? :? :?

L.
L. Bryson

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:04 am

Hi L. I think it's based on how many posts you've made. We have some newer members who are very verbose, and they became senior members pretty quickly.

Eric is too busy to be around here right now, but if you read this, Eric, please clarify how those apples get filled up. Thanks!

This from the FAQs - for what it's worth

How do I change my rank?
In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your username in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). Most boards use ranks to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users. For example, moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank -- you will probably find the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.
Last edited by heidi on Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:08 am

The Gig is up!

The name of the game is posting.

Enough posts, and you'll get apples with bites out of them too.

It's why we're all here L.

So post away!

(Here's chicken soup for you. Make you feel better!)

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:15 am

Let me please remind you to not use up bandwidth unnecessarily, and to please stay on topic.

I've been pretty loose about off-topic stuff since we are a liberal board, but we truly do want to be a good, succinct resource for people all over the world interested in learning more about Tolle and his teachings. So, please - if it's not related to Tolle, his teachings, or experiencing the power of now, please create a blog or something.

Thank you for helping us make this the premeire site for the power of now and spiritual sharing.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:20 am

"We have some newer members who are very verbose, and they became senior members pretty quickly."

Gee Heidi, why don't you tell it like it is!

If those poor slobs weren't enticed by such scrumptious apples, maybe they would have not been so posty.

On the other hand, they should know better.

People like that just get my goat!

Hey! Where's my goat??

phil

Post by phil » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:16 am

be-lank wrote:Hey! Where's my goat??
Here I am.

Yes, giving members an ego boost to reward them for posting is part of the software this board runs on. Most boards have some version of this system.

There's a double irony in this case, rewarding noise, with apples of knowledge.

I'm guessing those afflicted with verbosity won't know whether their contributions are welcomed or not unless somebody tells them directly, so modertors might keep that PM feature in mind.

If ya wanna say something, just say it, that's how verbosionians tend to look at things. :-)