Lack of presence cause's accidents too....

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
L. Bryson

Lack of presence cause's accidents too....

Post by L. Bryson » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:47 pm

In the " duh " upon arising this a.m.
Filled coffee pot twice. 1st 10 cups ended up on floor.
There are no " accident's! "

A reminder to remain in the NOW, especially before getting behind the wheel!

A " great day " & " Stay present" wish for all today.

L.
L. Bryson

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:10 pm

Good observation L.

And Congratulations on your first colored apple!

(See- verbosity does have its perks!)

I'm a coffee-lover too. I like it when you pour the first cup and its filled with grounds. That always makes me Wake-up, more than the coffee!

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:07 am

Hi Ms. L,

Yes!

It can be very boring, so I must not be totally present, but when I drive in presence I often realize that it would be pretty difficult to get in a car accident in that state. You would have to work at it. Unless, of course, someone in non-presence was on the road with you, but what are the chances of that? Pffft.

:shock:

me

L. Bryson

Driving w/presence

Post by L. Bryson » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:41 am

Hi Claudia!

What are the odds of others driving without presence? Well based on my observations I think most people don't recollect that they don't recollect just HOW they got from point A to point B :lol: I know the driving thing is by far MY greatest challenge. I don't babble on cell phone but can get quite into my cd's, radio surfing, and the whereabouts of my purse!

NOT uncommon for purse to be flopping about and me grappling to stabalize it! One other BIG issue is birdwatching at 75mph. I often have to make concious choice to drive in silence and get clear and focused on the task at hand.

On positive note I have NEVER had accident or moving violation but did drive over 1000 miles to Mt. Shasta last summer only to run into my own gate when I arrived home. ( Thought it was open... ) Have also had run in with tree in my driveway and once, very sadly, ran over one of my own geese. However all of my accidents seem to take place very near to home ( like in my own yard! )

Well, actually I am leaving out one small detail....
always joke about my track record " one squirrel in 13 yrs. "
( I don't count " Maybelline" my goose because technically I did't run over her ) I BACKED over her when she was napping and when she stood up she was clunked on the head ) technically she killed HERSELF.

But not long ago in downtown Placerville a fellow came shooting out of a blind alley on a bicycle and abruptly came to a halt when he made contact
with my front bumper. Praise the powers that be there was no damage to the poor souls physicality. Very traumatic. I said my prayers of thanksgiving all the way home. Apparently I do travel in a state of grace and I make every effort to acknowledge this. Now if I can just remember the 80' cedar at the end of my driveway! :D

L.
L. Bryson

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:56 am

Omg I was cracking up til I read about Maybelline. (And just why can't she be true?)

Yes I have almost run off the road or caused the car driver to run off the road rubber necking at birds.

"What the hell was that??? It was huge!! A pterodactyl, had to be!"