Article on Ramana

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Article on Ramana

Postby darren » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:35 am

Found this on the net. My favorite part:
All that we need do is to keep quiet. Peace is our real nature. We spoil it. What is required is that we cease to spoil it.

Other parts of the article:

Consciousness

Existence or Consciousness is the only reality. Consciousness plus waking we call waking. Consciousness plus sleep we call sleep. Consciousness plus dream, we call dream. Consciousness is the screen on which all the pictures come and go. The screen is real, the pictures are mere shadows on it.

Surrender

There are two ways of achieving surrender. One is looking into the source of the 'I' and merging into that source. The other is feeling 'I am helpless myself, God alone is all powerful, and except by throwing myself completely on Him, there is no other means of safety for me', and thus gradually developing the conviction that God alone exists and the ego does not count. Both methods lead to the same goal. Complete surrender is another name for jnana or liberation.

Self - Realization

The state we call realization is simply being oneself, not knowing anything or becoming anything. If one has realized, he is that which alone is, and which alone has always been. He cannot describe that state. He can only be That. Of course, we loosely talk of Self-realization for want of a better term.

That which is, is peace. All that we need do is to keep quiet. Peace is our real nature. We spoil it. What is required is that we cease to spoil it.

Original Link: http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/teachings.html
darren

Return to General Discussion