Worry vs Sadness

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
weichen

Worry vs Sadness

Post by weichen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:16 am

Worry and Sadness seems to be at different level. Worry seems to mean trying to figure out a solution at a more practical level. Sadness seems to mean believing things are bad at a high level and can not be changed.

I have occasional worries, but the feeling of sadness is long gone.

weopposedeception

Re: Worry vs Sadness

Post by weopposedeception » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:42 am

Worry is trying to control the future, sadness is making a judgement about past events or the present situation. Painbody loves both. Presence makes them disappear.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:32 am

weopposedeception wrote:Worry is trying to control [or fear of] the future, sadness is making a judgement
about past events or the present situation. Painbody loves both.
Presence makes them disappear.
Very clear, and nicely stated. :)

presentlybythesea

Post by presentlybythesea » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:10 am

Regarding presence making worry and fear disappear, I read this recently by Osho:

"You have to face your fear. And do the same with anger do the same with jealousy, do the same with hatred. And a significant point to remember is: If you witness anything, fear, anger, hate_If you simply watch them as they arise, without any judgement or condemnation, they will disappear, leaving a tremendous amount of energy that you can use for creativity. You will have to use it; the leaks will have disappeared and you will be overflowing with energy. But if you witness your love, compassion, kindness, humbleness, they will not disappear. They also have tremendous energy, but the more you witness them the stronger they will become in you; they will overwhelm you."

I wish you peace,
Presentlybythesea
Every encounter in the present, an opportunity to affect collective human consciousness.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:14 pm

Good post presentlybythesea, i wish they print that quote below prescription for prozac and alike pills.
Free of need to be Free.

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:25 am

Don't get me started on how useless pharmaceuticals are, and downright dangerous. And it's my own profession unfortunately.

fifi

Post by fifi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Yes they don't dig up the roots them pillsthey just hide the symptoms. Thats why I couldn't do my nursing. :D
In zen shiatsu,
Sadness is an cold contracting energy, like the Autumn loss we feel when the joy of summer is over, and it spoils the lungs/large intestine in large doses. If it is not corrected, leads to depression and then it becomes heavy, (as in feeling down)like winter blues, you can't be bothered to motivate which can then effect the kidneys/bladder.Anxiety is tense rigid energy, and spoils the spleen/stomach in large doses.

Ives

Post by Ives » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:05 am

Alternatively, and remaining within the Oriental seasons theme, Wu-Men said:

"Ten thousand flowers in spring,
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."

fifi