The Sky Is The Limit

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
summer

Post by summer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:40 am

How about Sky Blue? or Sky Bird?

phil

Post by phil » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:23 pm

phil wrote:Sorry, no caps allowed Claudia, that's just a big ego trip.
Whoops, my bad, I forgot. Proper capitalization is required!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:50 pm

CONTEST OVER!

Thank you so much for your wonderful entries.

L’s “befriskiliski”- which had Claudia’s vote as well, was the most laugh out loud!

Phil’s initial “Spacey”- which doesn’t even describe my pinky toe- but wish it did, was replaced by “Skyski” which is fun and was a play on former names.

L’s “BeLisa” also had another vote by Pilgrim. L inspires people!

Heidi gave the most with “Release-a”, “Lisa” and “Liski”. The latter name was especially appreciated as it was a name of friendliness and inclusion.

“Lisky” was a derivative of “Liski”, that visually I liked. And it had “sky” in it.

Summer’s names- “Sky Blue and Sky Bird” were lovely, just like she and her name is!

You are all WINNERS! YEAHHHHHH!

My new name is:

LiskiskybluebelisaspaceyskybirdlisaliskyskyskibBriskiliski

(Be-lank for short!)

Now everyone go get their Lollipop!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:56 pm

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:44 pm

And John,

Yours was my favorite "non-entry" of all.

You are Beautiful!!

And your posts- right "here"!

L. Bryson

Post by L. Bryson » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:36 pm

Hi be-lankski...

Nice looking lollipop. Thanks for the " inspirational " complement.
Thinking I should change my name after this mornings workout.
My e-mail is " somersetgoose " today I am -----

gooselosinggravity@needastableboytoshovels***. NOW :D

L.
L. Bryson

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:30 pm

HA-HA!

Good One L-Goosay!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:04 am

Hello All!

Did everyone get their milk and cookies- or their drug of choice?

Please take a seat, Phil- or if you prefer to stand on that head of yours, that’s fine too.

Before we begin the pelting of apple cores, “Who said Baltimore??”
I would like to say on behalf of us all, Phil, how much you mean to us. Or let me just say, how much you mean to me. You are a vital member of this site, and I appreciate you.

I could mention many of your attributes, but presently there is yet another bug in Claudia’s soda. (I keep telling her to stop putting them in there, but she won’t hear of it.)

This is not a “Bash Phil” post. Though it does have the earmarks of one! This is more of a “What’s up with that?” post. And of course everyone must be put to this test! (I’ll go next. I’ll wear a dart board around my neck.)

Okay, did everyone get a number? (Just kidding! You know these talons of mine!)

Phil wrote:

“OK, somebody spell it out for Professor Dunderbrain. Sorry, some pupils need bulk wordage to get the point. Burp it up girls, I'm listening.”

This is a beautiful aspect of your self. I am sure this is to Kathy’s credit too! You DO have spaces of listening and openness. You hang in there and you face whatever needs to be faced in the moment.

It is true of all of us that what we write often is what we need to hear, or get, or learn from. If we all reread our posts, and there was a theme to them, this would be very revealing- it is something we want ourselves to learn, to know, to get.

If we took the pronoun “you” or “we” away, and replaced it with “me” or “I” or our name on our posts, it would be informative. Our writings are often like mirrors. Trying to show us something.

The particular issue was the following:

"On one hand we hide in endless seeking. On the other hand, we hide in the finding too, when we wrap some interpretation or another around us like a cozy blanket and hang on to it for dear life."

(This is simply my perception, and we all know words are limited.)

I see this statement that you wrote as something you want to see in yourself. If you step back and look at the whole of this statement, you could hang your hat on it.

You wrote this in effect for an outer purpose, as an explanation.
And yet, this very explanation is “you”. This explanation is what you wrap yourself around. What is said here- is your “finding”.

The endless seeking and hiding in finding – by wrapping some interpretation around you like a cozy blanket and hanging on to it for dear life- is your finding. The whole thing is your blanket. And you carry this blanket with you as you post.

The way you express is very open. But is it really? Isn’t there that blanket that you defend and protect? Even on Eckhart’s tape, you incorporated some of his words to support the blanket, and they were out of context.

This is about waking up and seeing a habit- which is linked to identity. (and you and I know the name)

Don’t get me wrong, to each his own, and God Bless!
And there is a lot of fun and challenge and enhancement of self in these kind of blanket-holds.

You have said more than once that you want to be challenged and also, “I’m not going to change you and you’re not going to change me.” This feels a lot like that blanket. I am in a sense challenging you here, but you’re not going to change. So what is the point? None. But you get to snuggle Blinky.

But since you wanted to know what was meant by the post, that’s what it meant.

(And besides, you called me “what’s your name”. That’s called fair game!)

Please know that this is not a put down! You know I’m crazy- and crazy about you. I just got to tug on that blanket, Linus!

Love,
you know!

phil

Post by phil » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:25 am

Well! Mutter and stutter!

Dear Ms. Belankster,

In reply to your impertinent assertions I must kindly inform you that quack, quack, quack, and not only that but quack, quack, quack, and furthermore quack, quack, quack and quack quack too.

Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack!

When I determine what the duck feathers you are talking about I can assure you of a more squirrely reply. :-)

Yours most truly,

Professor I. B. Blowhard

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:34 am

Ms. L,

I need Marwyn to translate, please. Cept he's a goosey. Do geeses speak duck?

Thanks,

me

phil

Post by phil » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:35 am

OK, that was fun. I've been dying to use that photo somewhere! As a quick sidebar, I've been opening an ebay store with Kathy this week and we now have a room filled with our inventory of stuffed Disney animals, which is more cosmic than I expected. If I go missing from the forum, you'll know I've converted to Disney!

Ahem, OK, sorry, I'm back. And in the Sky Room, cool! Thanks for the invite to your pad.

Honestly, I got a bit lost in blanket analogy land back there, but maybe I got the gist of it. Here's what I'm hearing.

You're right, the process of chewing on interpretations can be as much a blanket as an interpretation. If that's what you meant, I dig it. I related to your forum sabatical, and respected your frankness in explaining it. There is no doubt there can be an addictive quality to what we're doing here. For me too.

For the record, I was referring specfically to the INTERPRETATIONS we build up around the now experience, NOT the now experience itself. I'm hoping we might keep that distinction clear. Maybe the interpretations do good work as signposts before one's first now experience, after that they become mindstuff baggage, eh? Now experience, not mindstuff. Tolle books, mindstuff.

I know I was a chewer before I was born, and suspect you were a seeker before you were born too. So maybe it's most accurate to say there are built-in aspects of our forms, that we have drafted to work part time in our respective defense forces? Hut-two-three-four! Seeking and chewing aren't blankets in themselves, but can be used as such. Fair enough?

So I have my "interpretations need chewing" blanket. And you have your "Tolle interpretations answer all questions" blanket.

As a seeker hawk, you may decide you can't take flight while still holding your blanket. Or not. Luckily for squirreldog, all he has to do is chew on his blanket to fulfill his destiny.

Thanks for helping me chew that corner of my blanket. I'm just relieved you didn't eat me altogether. :-)

Quack!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:05 am

What was the subject?

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:07 am

Well now, really, you guys. I love you dearly, but, there is always a but, but what is all this language about?

Yack yack yack yack yack, in defense of what?? Your right to yack? You're not fooling me one bit. It's your ego trying to be right, trying to stay alive.

Guess what? You can let go of the security blanket, let go of the addiction and guess what happens...nothing. Well, not nothing, you are left with YOU and YOU ARE NOT SCARY. Being left alone with you is the coolest fricken thing on the planet to experience. You are not who your mom or dad or school teacher or coach or parish priest said you were. You are a glorious alive expression of consciousness brought into form. You are IT, GOD, BRAHMA, THE IS. And if you can quiet the mind long enough, you can feel it. It feels like GOD! You don't have to seek it anywhere, and least of all in your mind, because it is what makes you go. It's what started your body's engine at some point and will turn it off at another.

Do I worship Eckhart Tolle? No. Am I grateful to him? I'm on my knees kissing his feet. Because the way he said what he said liberated me when Krishna's words and the Buddha's words and Krishnamurti's words and Jesus's words only got me part way there.

Truly, I love you both and I don't care of you want to yack your heads off especially if the yacking is funny, but in all seriousness if you are truly attached to the words and not the energy behind what makes words possible, you are missing out on God giving God back to God.

Jump in, the water is more than fine!

All my love,
Claudia

P.S. If you think I am telling you to be quiet, I'm not. Just holding up a mirror.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:49 am

Phil! Excellent! :lol:

Grandpa Duck- so perfect. Like you say, “Hilarious!”And the whole quack, quack post was brilliant. Your creativity and humor saves you every time- you clever you- you!

It looks like Claudia had a similar sentiment. “What the “Hee” is she talking about??” Not to worry. What’s one golden egg? There’s plenty more where that came from. I can aim one anywhere. “DUCK B.H!”

Trust me, Eckhart could tell us all what I was talking about. And that’s all I need to know!

Perhaps there are others who understood what I was saying. But maybe it can’t be said, or said well, or someone else can say it better. It really doesn’t matter! It’s just Phil’s life we’re talking about. (And presently he is knee-deep in stuffed Disney Characters- which is a superb metaphor which maybe only I will get.) (It’s lonely at the stratosphere.)

As to “my pad”. No way dude. My pad and lock is the squirrel cage.
This is the Sky!

“Maybe the interpretations do good work as signposts before one's first now experience, after that they become mindstuff baggage, eh?” Have you gone Canadian on me?

I read what you wrote and Okay!

It’s all perception. And each one is true. The greatest Truth is the Space in which all of them exist.

And that’s what I love!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:30 am

Claudia!

Where did you find Marwyn???