The Sky Is The Limit

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
be-lank

Post by be-lank » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:58 am

Wait a sec.

Does Marwyn translate The Golden Goose- or just ducks- or was that the question? :roll:

Great Post Claudia!

This is what "The Sky" topic is all about.

Telling it like it is and trying to kill Phil.

(I think you winged him. And is that buckshot in my arse??)

Great post- keep'm coming. (I'm putt'n on my bullet-proof vest. What are you wear'n Ducky?)

And I certainly will get into the water with you Claudia.
And just Be.

I'm doing it now.

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:11 am

Marwyn is Laurie's (L.Bryson) flappy footed goosey who plays the drums. I dunno if he speaks duck tho, so I dunno if he can translate quack, maybe he only speaks honk.

So when she gets back from her oasis in the Southwest we will have to ask her to show Marwyn the quacky post from JustPhil to see if he knows what the duck JustPhil is quacking about.

Hugs,
Claudiabean

phil

Post by phil » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi Claudia!
spatialbean wrote:Well now, really, you guys. I love you dearly, but, there is always a but, but what is all this language about?
The same thing your language is about. This is a discussion forum, we are discussing. I made a point, Lisa made a point, you made a point. Here we are, all together. That's this now.

I'm sure many Tolle readers have arrived at the forum and decided they do not wish to make a point. And the Tolle web site suggests there not be discussion at their meetings. OK, that's cool too. I can see the irony in setting up an Internet discussion board on the subject of silence. Perhaps we'd all be better off without this board, that's one reasonable theory.

But here we are. For whatever reason, the posters who are building this forum wish to speak. So why not just accept that desire in ourselves, and observe it of course, and watch it unfold.

Accept, and observe.

Lisa, sorry I didn't mean to disrespect your writing. As we all know, sometimes I respond to words that aren't there, so I was just trying to walk more lightly. If I got what you said, cool! In that case, your writing was just fine.

If I didn't get what you meant, hit me with the 2 X 4 again, sooner or later that light bulb will come on over my head. :-)

Clare

Post by Clare » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:31 pm

In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

Now I'm not meaning to get all bibley here, nor preach. But I find some of the things the bible says very interesting in terms of their myriad of meanings.

I think what this is saying is that words are sacred currency; It goes on to say about the word is made flesh, and I feel this is indicating a direct link between the breath and sound forming a word is a direct and holy alchemy of spirit made real.

I don't think we should underestimate the value of words, of language - after all, without it, we'd never have a book by Eckhart. Of course, this here is just typing, not sound and breath, but I think the fact that I can be sitting in London, conversing with you, thousands of miles away, and interesting or boring you, connecting or losing you, is quite some magic. That we can know something about each other, even though we will never meet, and without this medium would never have known we existed, is something magical too.

That we can Pool our experience, give our views, bounce off or grate on eachother, frustrate or enlighten one another is something that seems to....uhhh... supersize it for me. :)

And it's really really great that we can make eachother laugh. :lol:

Does this detract from presence? I would say it suggests a different reality where presence wouldnt be so much an issue. It goes back to the idea of all things happening at all times. Because it's 9.15 pm here as I type this. What time is it where you are? - So what is the time? My present or yours? Does anyone (apart from me, I do) 'lose' time on hte Internet?

I have long maintained that the Internet is priming us for a time when we can communicate telepathically and interdimensionally. Distance has been made meaningless by the internet. We pick up on all sorts of things without a face or a body there, reading energy over a sea. It's happening, I think :)

But even for this we still need language Now. In the beginning and in the end, eh?

I reckon we must use words wisely, and use them well. But I don't think we should ever underestimate them, or this medium of communication.

Clare

phil

Post by phil » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:11 am

Ah... In the forum was the Clare, and she used her words wisely, and she used them well.
That we can Pool our experience, give our views, bounce off or grate on each other, frustrate or enlighten one another is something that seems to....uhhh... supersize it for me. :)
Yes, well said! You guys are supersizing my life! And words, only words, JustWords, are the connecting thread between us.
And it's really really great that we can make each other laugh. :lol:
I'm especially good at making Lisa laugh. Every circus needs a clown, and I work cheap. Who wants to dunk me in the bucket of cold water again? Only a quarter! :-)
I have long maintained that the Internet is priming us for a time when we can communicate telepathically and interdimensionally.
Your observations and Lisa's make great bookends.

I don't know what the Net is priming us for, but my guess is that it will be both better and worse than what came before.

Lisa is really on to something. These technologies are incredibly compelling. Even for a group of people focused on silence! Awesome, and scary.

I suspect we are greatly underestimating the impact e-media will have, assuming we are still in control of the future.

Are we in control of TV, even now? Billions of people from every culture spending trillions of hours of their precious lives watching programs they don't really actually like. If somebody were to cut off that electron flow, the missles would fly before the week was out.

What happens when TV and Net merge and get off the flat screens in to an immersive environment that you are _in_ instead of looking at? God help us is all I can say, God help me first please!

And Clare is right on the money. The same thing that makes these technologies so compelling is the same thing that makes them so wonderful, they plug right in to the heart of what makes us human.
I reckon we must use words wisely, and use them well. But I don't think we should ever underestimate them, or this medium of communication.
Bravo Clare, well said, well said.

All I can add is that sometimes there's wisdom in not choosing one's words too carefully too. Open our hearts to the degree we are able, and then type as fast as we can. Sometimes something truthful will pop out, in spite of our best efforts.

Thanks for your supersization everybody!

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 am

What I like about words is the action they inspire.

I got my playmate back for a while. Ha!

I missed ya Phil.

(Never understimate hawk-eyed womanly wiles.) :wink:

And I have always wanted to play with Clare.

And here we are!

Ah- the magic of words.

(notethishasnothingtodowithlifesavingmessagesentandnotcomprehended)

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:53 am

Phil- I love your new photo!

First you had a photo of your face.

Then you had a photo of a young squirrel.

Now you have a photo of an old stuffed duck.

Looks like this site is working!

(What's next? A Ham-bone?)

phil

Post by phil » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:12 am

Phil- I love your new photo! Looks like this site is working!
Thank youse. Time for you to meet Prof Blowhard face to face. :-) Quack! Actually, I've been ridiculous for years, but it's always fun to play a new venue.
be-lank wrote:(notethishasnothingtodowithlifesavingmessagesentandnotcomprehended)
If you wish, note your attachment to you being the possessor of "the" life saving message. In order to keep that story alive, you appear to need me to play the role of the "non-comprehender".

You and I each have chosen our own understanding of "accept what is". That's all.

As best I understand it, you interpret "accept what is" as a method of getting from here to there. You wish to get beyond ego, illusion, obtain enlightenment and so forth.

I interpret "accept what is" to mean "make peace where you are." So if my ego requests 100 posts offered to showcase my um, brilliance, then I say, so be it (within reason), and start typing.

Neither of us are perfect on our path of course, but the basic difference in our approach appears to be you are trying to go somewhere, whereas I am trying to be what and where I already am.

I am willing to agree, if you like, that you and I both each have our own form, genes, destiny and path, neither of us is right or wrong, and that when each of us try to expand our own personal path in to a global concept applying to everybody on earth, we are being a bit silly. Quack!

Tolle says that each of us only see a perspective of the situation, not the whole situation. Underneath my chewing games, I agree with him. You? To his credit, I don't recall Tolle excluding himself from this principle.

Thanks for your kind words, and play invitations. I hope this chewing is what you ordered. If not, I know I can trust you to send it back to the chef. :-)

The Disney fantasy land that has become my real world is calling. Professor Duckfeathers has so many orphans now he must find homes for. G'night!

Clare

Post by Clare » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:41 pm

I vote that Phil is on the perfect path.

No---hold on---Lisa is!

:lol:

You spend all this time ruffling your feathers and all that I can conclude from it is how much heart and affection is present.

You guys make me giggle. 8)

heidi

Post by heidi » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:39 pm

Professor Blowhard said,
I don't know what the Net is priming us for, but my guess is that it will be both better and worse than what came before.
I have a theory (as, ah hem, a scholar of mass communications) that the Internet is the bridge in our evolution from mechanical/physical communications to psychic! We now communicate in split seconds. Granted there's a degree of misunderstanding since the written word is still in the mix, but this is a huge evolutionary step in our development in the world of the unmanifested.

Professor Heidi
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

phil

Post by phil » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Clare wrote:I vote that Phil is on the perfect path.
No---hold on---Lisa is!
BEHIND THE SCENES DETAILS:

Phil and Lisa are the board's in house comedy team (think Luci and Desi) who have been assigned the job of cheerfully terrifying forum visitors with a vision of just how embarrassing your life can get if you don't get off your butt and become enlightened NOW!

Market studies show this scare tactic technique of spiritual instruction results in 89% of forum visitors immediately rushing to Amazon to buy the latest Tolle publication.

We are still auditioning for the Fred and Ethel roles. If you feel you are suitably lost in longwinded illusion to qualify for these positions, please leave your resume below.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:08 pm

Gee Phil, all I was really saying is that I love you.

(Where is Marwyn when we need him?)

I liked your posts, funny- but maybe something else too?

I’m sorry if I inspired fear or the like.

Let’s drop this and go back to playing what we like to play.

It’s not the same thing, but that’s okay.

I still luv ya!

Peace, Des!

(thelifesavingmessagewrittenlikethiswasmeanttobefunny)

(May this post not be misinterpreted. There is no argument here.
Just friendly talk and lovely freedom.)

white flag flying

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:32 pm

"May this post not be misinterpreted" is a prayer I say a lot.

:(

Love,
Claudia

P.S. May this post not be misinterpreted. Amen.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:11 am

Hey Beanie!

How bout we just don't interpret much at all.

Yippee!

Luv ya :lol:

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:21 am

The Church of Whatever?

:shock:

Yours in Tolle,
Claudia

:P