Awakening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
James

Re: Awakening

Post by James » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 am

Tommy my friend,
I think you will find that you need to make a choice here. What is that you really want? Your own self realization? or to convince others that they are wrong and change them? Yes it is possible that your confrontations can work for good but that is true of all human interactions, we are all learning and growing at least in the relative sense. Often there is peace after people blow off steam in relationships, but it usually does not last.

But truth is not a play thing, and it is very likely that one can prop up their own egoic sense by confronting others with it. One definition of ego is "that movement of energy that is in opposition to what is", it's that desire in thinking to control and change situations and others. But don't be hard on yourself if that is the case here, egoic sense is crafty it can often seem to have gone out the front door, only to enter the back door, or it climbs through the side window when we aren't noticing. :roll:

So I would say relax a bit, walk away from those challenging situations with family and friends, find a quiet place to sit and be with what is arising, feel it without judgment, allow it to all be as it is. If action is necessary it will come out of silence and peace, you won't live as an uninvolved couch potato, if you are true to yourself; but you will avoid a lot of unneeded aggravation to yourself and others.
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 am

Well said, James.
egoic sense is crafty it can often seem to have gone out the front door, only to enter the back door, or it climbs through the side window when we aren't noticing
How true.

Tommy6084

Post by Tommy6084 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 am

I think I need to clear things up. As far as the anonymous post, that was more of an experiment to see if any of my fellow students would be open and willing to discuss the topic of awakening. Their language used is a pretty common thing on the forum, its basically an anonymous gossip site where students put each other down. However, every once in a while there is some good healthy discussion about life.

As far as my response, my ego must have crept in while I was writing. I do find writing on this forum to be one of the most challenging task to do and maintain awareness. However I would still like to discuss your thoughts on dealing with someone with a heavy ego. Hopefully I can explain myself more clearly.

When I come across an argument in a state of total awareness, I can feel the fear and pain of the people arguing. I am drawn to give affection towards both sides to ease their egos and bring them peace. I am not reacting out of a mind made concept to save the world, i am more drawn to take action because it is what the situation calls for me to do. I have no need to avoid the argument in an egoless state because negativity does not create a reaction in me.

I have learned from these experiences as well as my own that when someone is in a state of anger, lashing out towards the people around him or her, they are in a state of great insecurity. Now if that person lashes out against an enlightened being who does not fight back, but only gives affection it seems to make a profound impact on them later on. Its almost as if the mind looks back on the situation and sees its own faults and opens up a doorway for awareness.

Ralph- I agree that you can't convince someone that they are truly dreaming, because what would you be convincing, their mind? Have you ever tried showing someone, even a total stranger, a lot of love and affection. Since we are truly a deeper consciousness than thought, try speaking to the person with your true being. If you show someone love, their mind will say, " why is he so caring towards me" and sometimes they will open up to learning the truth. This is one way I have gotten through to my dad and brother. Any thought provoking statements such as "you are really the awareness behind your thoughts" just brings out negativity. Sorry if I wasnt clear earlier.

James- Thanks for the advice. I think you are 100% on the money as far as the ego creeping in. I think it crept in when I was trying to explain the situation. I am most vulnerable when trying to express thoughts. I think the stimulation of the brain gives more strength to my ego. I do spend the majority of the time in a quite place self reflecting. However, when I clear my thoughts completely I am no longer effected by the negativity of others and I no longer seek out quiet places.

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks Tommy for clarifying but when it comes to strong ego minds, you have to be careful. I mean, did they not crucify Jesus on the cross for doing just that.

Who we truly are and who we 'think' we are is like night and day. Understanding is all.

uma

Post by uma » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 pm

It was a great post by webwanderer. I am feeling elated to be in this forum as after each day's dose of the worldly affairs there is a place where I can go and bring my peace back.

Thankyou very much.

phase190

Post by phase190 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 pm

hi Entelechy,

I felt like I could feel those words right off ya! thanks for the post, that just made my day :D

braveheart

Post by braveheart » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm so happy to have found out this forum. I've read a few posts and I feel already more relaxed

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 am

Welcome, braveheart. We hope you enjoy your stay and feel comfortable asking any questions you may have.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Browningwell

Post by Browningwell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 am

You are a sentient being, meaning that you have self awareness, which also implies that you are aware of the egoic entity, the mind made "me". If you become identified with this mind made entity, which is solely based off of form, then yes, you are lost in "object" consciousness. When you become aware of yourself as the observer of the mind and it's thoughts, which is a tool, a superb tool, then you are aware of the "I", the egoic form based-mind derived sense of self, and this implies that you are also aware of your real self, which is the timeless, formless consciousness that inhabits all form life, which is your true nature- the spirit that lives in all things. That is precisely why Bruce Lee answers his teacher, after being asks, "What are your thoughts when facing an opponent?", "There is no opponent because the word "I" does not exist". This is why it is said that you are always meeting yourself. So really it is always a question of whether or not you are watching your own stored away files that get automatically accessed, like a computer, and re-acted out. It's a take-over. You're being played as the puppet. This is always the key. It doesn't mean suppressing them or denying them, it means allowing them to be but watching them. We are emotion. If you suppress anger, hatred, jealousy, revenge, and so on you are tightening the lid of the boiling kettle to eventually blow up at somwe point. Allow the corrupted files, feelings, emotions, thoughts, but do not become attracted or repelled from them, charging them with life, giving them life. It does not pay to identify with the ego or the corrupted files that have been stored away deep inside of you. It does not pay to be jealous, nor to energize hate, revenge, or any of these things, because when you give them life, they come back to haunt you in order for you to personally experience your creative forces. So it is not about suppressing them and it is not about identifying with them. It is about watching them. Allowing them to be. That is not a "giving up" or defeat. Remember, the seeing is the doing. The mind is the advisor, not the CEO. Ego is of the mind but not the mind. The difference is ego is to be identified with it's content. A "me".
Mind is recognized as a superb tool and used in this way. You can separate it's content-but can never touch the soul. Scientific principal's and technologies still reside within the realm of form. Don't fool yourselves into thinking you may "remove the soul essence". Intelligence can be artifically injected. Wisdom may not.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:03 am

Welcome, Bw....wise comments, thank you.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Browningwell

Post by Browningwell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:16 am

Thank you. But really I want to go much deeper into who we are. The name of the game. We are all creators, constantly creating our own experiences, our own existence, our own encounters with our thoughts, as if we walked into a restaurant and requested a meal, and then the spiritual cooks make it and serve it to you. That's how creation works. But the difference here on Earth is that instead of human kind ordering life for themselves, they have allowed others to order reality for them. A few others ordering up life for all the people. And this is one of the best kept secrets from humanity is that you create your reality with your thoughts. Do you believe that you only create your reality in certain areas and that other areas you are disempowered? Do you argue that you have no control over some areas of your life? Do you give up what is naturally yours because society tells you you cannot have it? You will find that events do not come out of the blue. Actually you are constantly creating reality for yourself all the time, or creating it under others instruction, for how others want you to create it for their purposes. The ones keeping the secrets have been creating life for you, for a very, very long time. It's like Ares says, "life isn't worth living"-for those who give their power over to others who shape their reality for them. "Life is to be taken and beaten" (not physically beaten by the way, beaten as in constantly pulled into focus exactly what you want to shape life into, type of beaten), "and wrestled" (Because, the training or brain washing, so to speak, has been "I'm so glad you didn't attempt that yourself, let us do it for you" type of teaching, so you wrestle it back to your own intentions-mentally type wrestle), so the human now needs to unlearn what they have learned and start to shape your own reality and become your own leader. Xena (I use her as an example-near perfect example of integrating both light and dark) is her own leader-to no one other than herself, "formed in your own image"-with your own thoughts. But not if you have abdicated your power to others. That's where the meaning lies in "What you can twist life into. For those who just endure life, yeah, it is a very nasty joke". Because it's the gods playing around with flies. "But for those who wish to become a God themselves, the god that they truly already are, and form it with their will, their intent, the joke is on those who get in the way".
That is indeed becoming a God. Don't confuse that with Creation. We are speaking about gods or Gods. Same thing. But not the religious person. The human being may recognize that a God, which is form, can never take over the part of the Creation (The formless) or destine the fate of a human being. A god or God is only a Governor and moreover a human being, who exercises a powerful reign of tyranny over his fellow creatures. God is not the Creation, but as well only a creature of it, like all Creation dependent creatures. But the human being hunts for his religious wrong beliefs and affirms God being the Creation itself. This is the delusion. All form dissolves no matter how stable it may appear. Those gods who rearranged the human species are going to become visible, and the lesson for humanity is authority-to become your own authority and stop giving over your decision-making process to governmental people or "parents" or teachers or gods. It is time for the people of Earth to become sovereign. Remember, if space is the body of God, as is used as a pointer,...............no more than a pointer, If space is the body of God, what's the devil, is there such a thing..............or another question there......... is a question about the nature of evil,...............is there such a thing,.........................................there's identification with form.............is that,...............................if evil is anything it's simply the ignorance of not knowing who you are and identifying with a temporary form.........and therefore fighting other forms that you think are also separate forms around you and threaten your form,...........or you want to dominate other forms or get something from other forms,....................identification with form, the psychological form of me, the story in my head, the image, self, and identification with me as this physical form.........................that is not knowing who you are.........and that creates whatever then, action arises out of that state of illusion, creates suffering for yourself and others..................and we could call that evil,...............yeah,..............it's also ignorance,....................................... Jesus on the cross didn't say, "You evil ones, what did you do to me,"..........he said, "They know not what they do, forgive them, they know not what they do,"..........so the , if, whether you see it as a factual or symbolic, it doesn't matter the, the truth of crucifixion would be, the essence of evil is there it seems..........and yet Jesus doesn't call it evil, he says, "They know not what they do,".............so ultimately what we perceive as evil arises out of the ignorance of who you are which is ultimately the ignorance of not knowing God and that's one in the same...............if God is the body of space, you are space, you are god. In fact we are all gods. The human being is a species that had it's DNA "unplugged" or rearranged so that it could be more controllable. Managable.

Browningwell

Post by Browningwell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 am

I have recently posted, elsewhere, in regards to the sluggish economy, What is commendable to one who chooses to become their own leader, sovereign unto themselves, is that you no longer depend on someone else to support you. You find ways to support yourself out side of a fear driven system. There is a big push to keep you in the "victim-helplessness" mentality, mind-set, and working for the systems heartless corporations does exactly that. At this point there is no more getting "a job" in the conventional sense. If everyone realized just what exactly it is that they are supporting here the whole system would collapse immediately. Their would be no more "jobs". Your job is to start to become aware of where your attention is being placed, which is to say to become you own leader, and stop supporting this "system of death". The pathos (suffering) of the planet is the tendency of the multitudes to be willing advocates for a cause without knowing what the cause is truely about.The purpose of fear is to save your life, to catapult you into the now, the present moment, in order to take action-right action. Often it serves to direct you away from that which is dangerous and toward the very essence of your vital being. However, when you hold onto fear as a lifestyle, and when you broadcast fear of life, when you live in fear, you shut down your body and kill your vital life force. This creates stress, ill health, and aging. Your thoughts create your reality. The predominant energy on this planet siphons your belief systems according to its own will. It directs incredible flows of energy outward, and this energy is alive. You have been told that all of your thoughts make a world. They are real-they go someplace. There are five and a half billion people thinking right now. That much energy is alive on Earth. What is the predominant feeling within that energy, and what can this energy be convinced or coerced (intimidated) to exhibit? Your bubbles really need to be popped about what you have been led to believe. Think bigger. knowledge moves mountains. Belief makes slaves. Know what you are reliquishing, giving up. Your own power and authority to be your own leader-of your attention. It is percisely why you are in bondage. The Television, live T.V., is the ultimate tool used against you. Ask yourself, "What am I generating? What frequency am I generating? Love or fear?

Browningwell

Post by Browningwell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 am

This system is coming down. It is corrupt. It doesn't work. You can look and see, or, like many, be in denial of it. There is no "saving" it just as there is no "saving" the people themselves. The people here need to see it fall for many reasons. To see exactly what they have allowed to occur. What they have given up. Namely, being in charge of your own self. Saving your own self. The collective global fear is that of being in charge of oneself, so you give others your power of decision-making, and in their need to live up to your expectations, they have chosen a dark dark practice of power. You are all learning about authority. Who is the boss for the beings who are here now? Who is their God? Who is their authority? That authority is coming back to Earth. There is a lesson in this for Earth. If you run from that which you fear, if you suppress it and ignore it, it only becomes stronger and stronger. Truth suppressed gains strength unopposable.

Many people would like to abandon earth at this time, as if she is no longer a worthy place to live. Angry voices don't like the conditions of the cities and the water, as if the Earth herself created these conditions. We would say to you: What better place would you find yourself? Your home is what you make of it. Without the cooperation of Earth, there are many things you cannot have. Unpredictable weather patterns have become a norm; flash floods and suprising events appear out of nowhere. Reality can no longer be charted as reliable and consistent. Or at least somewhat of a pattern. As a human, a reoccurring theme throughout the events in your life is your sense of irresponsibility and victimhood. You repeatedly return to the core assumption of human powerlessness. You have accepted beliefs of victimhood and powerlessness for far too long.

When you vibrate with fear, you draw energies to you of that vibration. We ask you to consider, without guilt, shame, or blame, how much fear do you produce in the world? Now imagine that the vibration you send out, without your even thinking about it, attracts a form of life capable of influencing you, to keep you producing that same vibration. Without fear these energies would have to leave because they do not resonate with love. In the bigger picture, in the Book of Earth as the pages unfold, we see time and time again, no matter which Empire is in charge-Persian, Roman, or Greek with the Great Alexander stepping forward to conquer the world-they are all based on fear and killing.

Remember to allow. Do not judge. Allow yourself to feel lousy if you feel lousy, get in touch with it and really feel lousy. And then, when you start to feel better, energize the thought, "I feel better." Learn to express the feelings that come up from inside of you, and in this way you can be your own healer. Energy exists all around you, and if you would let it in, it would cleanse and revitalize your body no matter how toxic the world may be. Applying this concept is a huge test to pass and a gigantic Grand Canyon of an idea to bridge. You need to be able to heal the part of you that sees things in a corrupted way. These are the stored away files that are accessed unconsciously. They literally draw these energy types to you. Its a filter through which you end up viewing all life, thus the life you create for your own self. It is a constant remembering and reminding yourself, a pulling yourself into focus on right now, which is a stepping outside of becoming "one" with the story in the head or the thoughts, and becoming the watcher of the thoughts and the actions, or re-actions. So It is easily put into words, but a grand canyon of a leap in consciousness. And the other part of this watching is to not become attracted to or repelled from the thoughts and actions that may be unconscious. But the contradiction that can arise here, because you may see these things as "bad", is not to deny or resist the feelings that accompany these files, and you say, "I shouldn't be feeling this or thinking these thoughts." You have to allow them to be without judgment. That is how you transcend them. And this is how you heal yourself. It really is a kind of psycological "surgery" that you have to, or need to be able to perform on yourself at some point. "The human is enlightened and fully freed only if he--in his thoughts--incessantly and constantly dwells in the endless creative-spiritual reality." --which is yourself. Not some other.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:07 am

Those gods who rearranged the human species are going to become visible, and the lesson for humanity is authority-to become your own authority and stop giving over your decision-making process to governmental people or "parents" or teachers or gods. It is time for the people of Earth to become sovereign.

The human being is a species that had it's DNA "unplugged" or rearranged so that it could be more controllable. Managable.

The predominant energy on this planet siphons your belief systems according to its own will. It directs incredible flows of energy outward, and this energy is alive.

We would say to you: What better place would you find yourself?
Oops. Sounds like a channeler to me....or some kind of mystical, paranormal holier-than-thou teacher with a mission. That said, there is some clear truth here, particularly in the area of positive thinking.

1) Please read the rules of this forum regarding punctuation, here: http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... um.php?f=9. We need some paragraph breaks in future posts.

2) The tone in these posts is oddly and presumptuously dictatorial -- that usually doesn't wash long here. You may be better tolerated in some other forum.

Andy

outspokendogood

Post by outspokendogood » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:55 pm

The awakening of consciousness that's occurring is and will continue to occur through the individual. That is starting point for all consciousness be it Jesus or the Buddha who serves as your guide to higher state of being. The current systems in place rewards ego, not foster consciousness through the individual as was intended by the founders of the United States. Even in government consciousness does exist, but you have to look long and hard to find it as they are usually not the ones condemning others or getting media face time. We have a assembled a group of like-minded individuals inspired by Tolle as well others and are in the process of putting together a website to promote our ideas and also write a book. Feel free to visit us and contribute your thoughts on:

http://www.awakentoconsciousliving.com/