Awakening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Awakening

Postby Sighclone » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Pluto and Noord -

I totally agree about the gradual, difficult 'shifting' we, as opposed to Eckhart, experience. My only surprise was the use of the word "false." "Different, scary, empty and weird, uncommon, unfamiliar, new, elusive, disoriented" all work for me. But, somehow, false did not resonate. My experiences have all been very 'true', very authentic, and not necessarily blissful.

Adya speaks of a period of disorientation in CD#1, track 6 of "The End of Your World".

Help me understand 'false.'

Thanks, Andy

PS Thanks for the reference to Jack Kornfeld...
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Crystalrays » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 am

If you feel being in the now is false, I wonder whether you feel alone in the world?

By alone I mean at your inner core. Do you feel life has erased all opportunities for close bonds of love and connection with other humans? And do you feel that Eckhart is saying it is fine to accept that as the now - and maybe even that we should aspire to it? In effect accepting that detachment from human emotions is inevitable but that in reality it feels meaningless - is that the sort of thing you are feeling when you say 'False'?

The above is what I have felt. I have felt both at one with nature through studying witchcraft/wicca and almost dissolved by it through the Power of the Now. I admit my emotions are dilluted by the array of awareness and this feeling seems directionless and disabling.

Is your feeling similar or different in some ways?
Crystalrays

Postby HermitLoon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:13 am

If your experience of the featureless void beyond consciousness is - or has been - disturbing, I suggest you might go slowly - perhaps even "back off" - and let Awareness arise gradually. Loss of self-identity can be disorienting.
My personal experience is one of peace with no negative emotions - sort of like floating in a vast "surround" - "a void" of nothingness - with a beautiful, joyful hologram of the human experience playing that I am not only observing, but that I am also participating in.
For those firmly rooted in the mind/body/wordthought reality this must seem like complete fantasy.
Having formerly "been there" for over 60yrs. I can completely understand that.
Peace
HermitLoon

Postby Crystalrays » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:38 am

I think what Hermitloon alludes to is interesting.

Sense of falseness can come after massively comitting ones own emotions to a situation over long periods and realising at some point how alone in your investment of yourself you are and also how others just do not believ or appreciate the level of who you are as an individual - almost as if they repeatedly question your motives and sincerity and the level of it.

I wonder what Eckhart says to such souls. Many humans have such voids inside after emotional violence - where their 'now' feelings and motives have been trashed by another/others to an extent it leaves them with a surreal essence. Gathering oneself to be the true self again for whomever one associates with can imbue a heightened sense of falseness more than say for one who has never experienced extreme long term derision.

Eckhart does suggest awakening reduces pain but also the intensity of pleasure. I wonder if the extent of this varies greatly for different people, dependent upon the permutation of previous life experiences?
Crystalrays

The Power to be You

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:23 pm

THE POWER TO BE YOU
Trust in your absolute power to be you.
Don’t be distracted by others you might pass,
Who try to call you down their road;
Or listen to the shouts from those ahead,
Who think they know the way.
For no-one walks where you walk,
Or lives the vision that you seek.

In this, you are alone.
But with the blessings of God and the Angels
And the help of those who walk the path of this life
With you on the Earth plane,
Even if your hands, hearts and souls touch each other but occasionally,
Can experience a lifetime of glorious sunrises and sunsets together.
And the gift of your friendship will never be taken from you;
Wherever your road may take you,
Even into the world of light and Eternity.

Andy Murray
Edited by Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby karmarider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:33 am

Nordzee and Pluto, my experience was similar to yours. A few years ago I went to Vippassana meditation retreat, and I could not meditate; my mind was screaming. After reading PON, I tried to be present. The presence felt dull, lifeless and artificial. Your skepticism will help you. In my experience, we get trapped when we let the mind settle on a particular idea or expectation, or we're not able to be radically honest about experience. If I had used "effort" or discipline to be present, I would simply have been trapped in egoic presence. Many are. What worked for me was observing thoughts, and after just a little bit of practice, I was able to easily meditate, remain present, remain aware. Keep going. Your self-evaluation and skepticism are very valuable.
karmarider

Postby NoordZee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:16 am

It sure ain't easy. When you have feelings of being unsettled and experience fear for no apparent reason, your subconscious must be busy identifying your thoughts with the false ego. At least, that is what I think I experience. It is very hard to identify a thought that makes you feel negative if something is happening below the surface. One day, I will get there but it had better hurry up, as time increasingly does not treat me kindly.
"Veritas vos liberabit"
NoordZee

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:43 pm

NoordZee wrote:One day, I will get there but it had better hurry up, as time increasingly does not treat me kindly.

That day is this day. That moment is this moment. That time can only be now. There is no other. Look closely into now, and see this as it is; feel this as it is; sense this as it is. Experience what is for the first time and without preference - and then again, and again, until the distinction is clear between self identification through thought and the genuine experience of being.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby NoordZee » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 am

Webwanderer wrote:
That day is this day. That moment is this moment. That time can only be now. There is no other. Look closely into now, and see this as it is; feel this as it is; sense this as it is. Experience what is for the first time and without preference - and then again, and again, until the distinction is clear between self identification through thought and the genuine experience of being.

Thank you Webwanderer for those beautiful words
"Veritas vos liberabit"
NoordZee

Postby Sighclone » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:29 am

Indeed, WW!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby nutrition » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Crystalrays wrote:I think what Hermitloon alludes to is interesting.

Sense of falseness can come after massively comitting ones own emotions to a situation over long periods and realising at some point how alone in your investment of yourself you are and also how others just do not believ or appreciate the level of who you are as an individual - almost as if they repeatedly question your motives and sincerity and the level of it.

I wonder what Eckhart says to such souls. Many humans have such voids inside after emotional violence - where their 'now' feelings and motives have been trashed by another/others to an extent it leaves them with a surreal essence. Gathering oneself to be the true self again for whomever one associates with can imbue a heightened sense of falseness more than say for one who has never experienced extreme long term derision.

Yes, I can see this happening to me. When you see awakening as a desperate attempt, when you say literally: i can no longer live with myself and really hope this will work for me. then i can see that it is the ego again trying to use awakening to fool me into thinking i got rid of ego. he is just coming back in....the main door.
nutrition

The Importance of doing the Right Things

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:06 pm

The way I see, dear Friend, is as follows:

DOING THE RIGHT THINGS
People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centred –
You don’t have to like them, but love them anyway!

They are all part of your own family;
They are part of you and you are part of them;
They may not yet know it, but you being wiser,
Love them anyway!

People may project their own ulterior motives onto you,
And accuse you of having them.
Rest safe in the knowledge that the Universe
Knows their heart as well as yours -
Do good anyway!

If being successful means that we can only win
False friends and real enemies –
Succeed anyway!

The good we do today, shall be forgotten tomorrow –
Do it anyway!

What may have taken years of building up,
Could be destroyed overnight –
Build anyway!

People who are in need of our help,
May attack us whilst we are trying to help them –
Help anyway!

Give the world the best that is within you,
And should it be rejected, never stop giving –
Give anyway!

The Universal Law of Karma ensures that what we send
Into the world, has to return to us:
Give of your best and only the best is sure to return!

Bishop Abel Muzorewa
African Spiritual and Political Leader
Edited by Aquarius

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby johny » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:48 am

Awakening? It's like realizing that the earth is not square but its round and than realizing that the earth under your feet is still flat. And thus knowing that earth is round or flat doesn't really make much difference. And than you are at peace.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.
johny

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Are you?

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby johny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:28 pm

@aquar------
If that question was for me:
Yes at times I am at peace and sometimes I am at peace with the lack of it.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.
johny

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion