What excites you?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Narz

What excites you?

Post by Narz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:35 am

Really. What makes you feel alive?

Tell me your real answers not the "spiritually appropriate" ones. ;)
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)

BrahmanEternal

Re: What excites you?

Post by BrahmanEternal » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Narz, sounds like you seduced another supermodel. :)
Free of need to be Free.

Agnieszka

Post by Agnieszka » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Some time ago: blonde-hair, blue-eyed guys with freckles on the nose.
Now: animals, trees, wind, the moon, wilderness. And if real, deep silence can be "exciting", this too.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:53 am

I would say that sex excites med A LOT! :lol:
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

no won

Post by no won » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:37 am

Only music, listening and playing.

no won

Post by no won » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:40 am

Brother Narz, what does it for you. Do tell as its your question and you neglected to say.

weichen

Post by weichen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:17 pm

Tolle taught us that the present moment (inner journey) contains the element of the ultimate purpose: the feeling (of deathless) realization. Everything in the material world becomes shallow when compared with that.

So nothing excites me. There is no excitement anymore. Although there was some excitement when I discovered this feeling realization first hand.

Narz

Post by Narz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:11 pm

no won wrote:Brother Narz, what does it for you. Do tell as its your question and you neglected to say.
Hi, sorry for neglecting my own thread. I wrote this on the subject on another forum.

Hmm, I like being awake by myself at night, either on the Internet or just laying, almost asleep thinking, w/ my girl & my cats by my side, a couple candles going (about to go out).

Also, hanging w/ friends (have moved around alot & many of my good friends I've either lost touch w/ over the years or are gone). Walking for hours in the city streets or playing board games or sitting around talking about plans. Stuff like that.

Also talking walks by myself late at night (when the crazy world is asleep), thinking, jotting down ideas on lists (95% of it will likely not amount to much but I never know the 5% that WILL). Often my cats'll tag along with me and follow me (darting off the side from time to time but never lagging behind or running ahead more than a block or two) for miles until I get tired enough to sleep and head home. I like listening to music as I walk. One of my favorites perks of this high-tech world (that & the Internet), I don't take it for granted (maybe because I didn't grow up w/ it, didn't get my first stereo tape player until 14, my folks weren't really much for appreciating music, except classical, which I didn't care for much at the time but enjoy a bit of now).

When I didn't have a woman I liked daydreaming about having one & flirting online (although usually I'd prefer the phone since online you never know for sure who you're really talking to). Now that I do I'm forced to channel my energy into other things. It's hard because I'm insecure about my skillset, my ability to "succeed" in the world, many things, except wooing women (well, most of my life I wasn't really confident in that either but I got better since I've been an adult) which for awhile was my biggest challenge/excitement.

I only had one job I really got excitement/a rush out of & that was being a bike messenger in New York. I loved that feeling of racing thru traffic, leaving cars in the dust, the feeling of eyes upon me (imagining women lusting after me & men envious when in fact people were probably mostly thinking I was a maniac :-D).

Of course there is also the intellectual excitement of learning new things (and then imagining future scenarios of using those skills or even better actually using them in some way, however small, right there in the present).

Hopefully the best excitement is yet to come. I'm kind of tired of most of it coming mostly from what I'm dreaming instead of stemming from what I'm doing.
weichen wrote:Tolle taught us that the present moment (inner journey) contains the element of the ultimate purpose: the feeling (of deathless) realization. Everything in the material world becomes shallow when compared with that.

So nothing excites me. There is no excitement anymore. Although there was some excitement when I discovered this feeling realization first hand.
Sounds like death already. If you have transcended the world what's the point of staying here? (I ask out of curiosity, not judgment as I do not understand thus cannot judge). Reminds me of when I was 12 and reading about ninjas and I wanted to be a ninja, and be cool as a cucumber and feel no pain and care not what people thought and be super slick & smooth, with no inhabitations or anxieties making me stumble. If I thought being enlightened was like being a ninja I would pursue it more passionately. :o

Moderator's Note:
Please avoid abbreviations, such as "w/". Not everyone knows what that means. Thank you.
Also, "thru" isn't a word in the English language. This is an English only forum.

no won

Post by no won » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:51 am

Hey Narz that was interesting, sounds as though you have it made from here anyway. What is wrong with death though, death of the the mind is not death of the body and death of the body is only change which is very natural. Could non existance be existance ? non being is still being just not understood, but maybe not to the mind that thinks. Live without self concern as be-ing. Your cat can be a great example in how to just " be " follow her example of grace, poise, unconcerned, detached, so easy going in life. Forget about ninjas be like a cat. peace

Narz

Post by Narz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:51 am

Moderator's Note:
Please avoid abbreviations, such as "w/". Not everyone knows what that means. Thank you.
Thru is short for through. :)

BTW, BTW stands for by the way, IMO = in my opinion and WTF, well you can google that one.

Oh, and w/ = with.
Also, "thru" isn't a word in the English language. This is an English only forum.

I see sarcasm excites you. How's that working out? Bringing you closer to inner peace?

no won wrote:Hey Narz that was interesting, sounds as though you have it made from here anyway. What is wrong with death though, death of the the mind is not death of the body and death of the body is only change which is very natural.

Nothing is "wrong" w/ death. I just have a preference for life (as do most creatures who are not suffering severe illness).

no won wrote:Could non existance be existance ? non being is still being just not understood, but maybe not to the mind that thinks. Live without self concern as be-ing. Your cat can be a great example in how to just " be " follow her example of grace, poise, unconcerned, detached, so easy going in life. Forget about ninjas be like a cat. peace

My cats are at peace because they don't have to provide for their own needs. ;) One cannot be an adult in this world without some degree of self-concern, IMO.

This may be my last post (our god appears to be a jealous god) here so if I am not able to speak to you guys again be well and have a happy new year & beyond. :) It's been a pleasure but all things come to an end. If any wants to e-mail me feel free. You can also find me on the peakoil.com forums. All the best! :)

no won

Post by no won » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:11 am

Wishing all the best to you Narz in '08, oops 2008 sorry, lol just kidding. Take care bro' all is well.

Narz

Post by Narz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:54 am

no won wrote:Wishing all the best to you Narz in '08, oops 2008 sorry, lol just kidding. Take care bro' all is well.
Heh, first chuckle of the New Year. Best to you too No1! :)

weichen

Post by weichen » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:26 pm

People usually notice that they carry a "bag of fears", and they need to face each fear one at a time and transcend it. But it is probably a bigger breakthrough to be aware of the "bag of excitement".

In retrospect, I realized that in the past my heart beats a little faster when a thought of "sweet" comes to mind, so I usually add a half teaspoon of sugar in my afternoon snack. I lost this piece (from the bag of excitement), and lost 15 pounds of weight in two months, something I have wanted to do for so long and never succeeded.

On the path of "bag of excitement" shinking, material world success may start to pour like rain, so new excitement will appear, and that need to be observed in peace also (just as you face newly arised fear in peace). This shrinking of "bag of excitement" leads to, and sustains the continuation of, greater material success (I refrain from using the phrase "serving the purpose of attracting greater material success"). In the eye of people around you, they see you living a very exciting life (because you have achieved material world success), but only you know that you don't care, because that person is not you.

Narz

Post by Narz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm

So as excitement & fear decrease, contentment increases?

no won

Post by no won » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:44 am

Thats very well put weichen, I would also like to add. What is the foundation of pleasure ? its pain and suffering that is the foundation.By suffering we seek pleasure in exciting activities and its built up on this foundation by comparison. What happens when the seeking of excitement and pleasure is seen through ? stop seeking it and see ! How, by observing both energies without judging self ( sailor bob " don't take delivery of it " just observe. ) More importantly what happens to the foundation that is no longer needed to support pleasure. Was it really there in the first place, and what about the pleasure activities, was it that which gave pleasure in the first place. Find out, listen to the mind as this happens, it does not like it ( first clue ) its loosing priorty its power you could say. Its all fear of loss of something and there is no loss at all. Make room for life not only pleasure and watch Life encompass all.Love is the only pleasure with no down side. We don't need to be loved, we only give it and in the giving it is we that Feel Love. Give love endlessly its inexhaustable. " Give and recieve " as the good book so rightly puts it.
Weichen, I too have found that in not seeking everything is provided in abundance without any striving, effort or want. peace