Too much spirituo-babble

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Vpopov81

Too much spirituo-babble

Post by Vpopov81 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:00 am

Is anyone else at the point where they read some of these posts and wanna throw up because all of this stuff has been so absorbed that it has become cliche now? Do you ever see some posts or responses and wanna gag? I think this is the point where the zen masters start beating people with sticks. Just had to comment. A long time ago I saw a post that was sooo much mindstuff that I just had to save it for future refernce. If this is your post sorry but it was very funny.

"What a great forum! I'm so glad to be able to ask questions like this:

Does anyone else experience consciousness acting as a dimensionless yet multi-faceted jewell with all sides reflecting defferent aspects of a singular light or truth and all occuring simultaneously and each aspect, when focused on is instantly revealed with complete and perfect understanding in terms of it's particular movement? Whew! "

Whack!!! "Enter Zen from there!"

Vpopov81

Re: Too much spirituo-babble

Post by Vpopov81 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 am

Ya you are right, I guess the post is just a passing thought. BUt I dont beleive enlightenment is about not judging but rather recognizing the relativity of judgement as a limited perspective. NOthing wrong with judgement in my opinion. I guess this thought is just another reincarnation. Jesus used to moan and groan at the stupidity of the people around him, and I have yet to find a spiritual master I look up to more than him.

So I guess ultimately I could choose to stay quiet and not comment on anything and let reality be reality, or I can let my little ego have its opinion as long as I recognize that it is a limited perspective. Honestly I didnt even plan on reading into it that much but your response made me analyze and dissect my own post.

Guess its about time to enter zen from here.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:49 am

did you delete your posts brahman?

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:18 am

hi, sorry i realized last two posts were bit too much so deleted one. :)
I m actually trying to somewhat shake myself from the dream and people on this forum, nothing new at all. :)
Free of need to be Free.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:28 am

Its ok I kinda wish I deleted this post but it is healthy to see my ego is still alive and well and I have work to do. Thanks for your comments.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:48 am

Is it so.... lets try to see this post as just post, nothing good and nothing bad.
Unload your mind of heavy words.
Free of need to be Free.

Intel

Post by Intel » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:30 pm

[quote="Vpopov81"]

"What a great forum! I'm so glad to be able to ask questions like this:

Does anyone else experience consciousness acting as a dimensionless yet multi-faceted jewell with all sides reflecting defferent aspects of a singular light or truth and all occuring simultaneously and each aspect, when focused on is instantly revealed with complete and perfect understanding in terms of it's particular movement? Whew! "

/quote]

I think the person who posted this was drunk :D.
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:34 pm

On my daily quotes I had a quote that said "The true meaning of the precepts is not just that one should refrain from drinking alcohol, but also from getting drunk on nirvana. - Bassui"

A Name is a Label

Post by A Name is a Label » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:34 pm

haha! vpopov, was that a buddhist training "whack" on the head with a stick??

Dongle

Post by Dongle » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:15 pm

It is not the spirituo-babble of others that I have issue with, it is always the babble in my own mind I battle with, the post you quoted is a reminder of some of the thoughts that I entertain on a daily basis. Not it its verbose language but in the content and feeling attached to it, the need to state and the need to over state. Explanations in my own head often take on this quality and carry with them an also feeling of unrealness. A feeling that I am great full for.

However, through exploration of mind and the gathering of these explanations, the process becomes dulled, repetitive and habitual and we lose touch with purpose. As this happens, all such spiritual talk or explanation becomes just that, talk. Oftentimes we get caught up in the talking, and exploration becomes talking for its own sake. The unreality of it, or repeated experience of a feeling of unreality is disheartening. If we do not continue in our explanation what do we do?

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Dongle wrote: If we do not continue in our explanation what do we do?

Enter Zen from there. :lol:

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:36 am

When you hit the fork in the road, take it. (Yogi Berra)

weichen

Post by weichen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

According to Tolle, a spiritual teacher shouts at people in her office everyday and makes the working environment quite stressful for her secretary.

I don't mind the spiritual babbles of the teachers, because they have done the best in formulating the mumble jumble pointers. But the teacher could help the students so much by disclosing why she got so angry everyday in her office, and what is going on inside her mind. It will make her seem less enlightened, but isn't that the truth? teaching based on such truth can be really helpful.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:54 am

weichen wrote:According to Tolle, a spiritual teacher shouts at people in her office everyday and makes the working environment quite stressful for her secretary.

I don't mind the spiritual babbles of the teachers, because they have done the best in formulating the mumble jumble pointers. But the teacher could help the students so much by disclosing why she got so angry everyday in her office, and what is going on inside her mind. It will make her seem less enlightened, but isn't that the truth? teaching based on such truth can be really helpful.
Tolle has never mentioned a psiritual teacher who gets angry at the office.. And this post was not about babble of teachers but babble of people on this forum and pretty much everywhere in spiritual circles.

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:26 pm

Well then, Vpopov81, I'm sure you can find something better to do with yourself than hanging around here reading all the babble and spending your energy pointing it out to the members here. :)

When you read posts that seem silly or don't resonate with you, why not simply ignore them?
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave