Holosync

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Sw Anand Devagni.

Holosync

Post by Sw Anand Devagni. » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Another thing which I would commend to you all is Holosync. It looks a bit expensive, but it isn't really, when considered.

Thanks,

Dan

http://www.centerpointe.com/holosync/?g ... QwodLknY9g

Vpopov81

Re: Holosync

Post by Vpopov81 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:11 pm

I think this is mans foolish attempt at another quick fix, although i do find holosync really soothing to listen to. Dane spotts has some similar stuff which you can find on torrent. But I think these can help relaxation, nothing more, and I think they are a bit too trigger happy at messing with brainwaves without knowing long term effects.

Sw Anand Devagni.

Post by Sw Anand Devagni. » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:30 am

Then I respectfully point you to the fact that the world's most eminent philosopher, Ken Wilber, Zen Master Genpo Roshi (inaugurator of the Big Mind Process http://www.zen-eye.org) and his student Diane Musho Hamilton are all in awe of this.

D

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 am

I think a bible quote will do nicely here.

" I will baffle and render useless and destroy the learning of the learned and the philosophy of the philosophers and the cleverness of the clever and the discernment of the discerning; I will frustrate and nullify them and bring them to nothing." 1 Corinthians 1:19-20

I try not to criticize anything unless I have tried it myself, and I have, and I also have Genpo Roshi's Big mind. In my opinion it is also another attempt at a quick fix, guarunteeing enlightenment in 1 hour.

One day , one of Mullah Nasruddin's friend came over and wanted to borrow his donkey for a day or two. Mullah, knowing his friend, was not kindly inclined to the request, and came up with the excuse that someone had already borrowed his donkey. Just as Mullah uttered these words, his donkey started braying in his backyard. Hearing the sound, his friend accused Mullah and said "Hey! I can hear your donkey you haven't loaned it to anyone!" to which Mullah replied: "Who are you gonna believe me or the donkey?."

Trust your own experience over big name people, and try to be very watchful that their endorsement isn't influencing you in one way or another.

Mark Hutto

Post by Mark Hutto » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:33 pm

The entire program takes about 12 years...Um, I suppose you could call that a quick fix, depending on your idea of quickness. By that definition I suppose you could also call weight lifting and cardio work a quick fix for obesity or for that matter any first step a quick fix for getting to a destination.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Thats a good point, i didn't do twelve years I did a month i think which may be presumptuous. I would have to do all 12 to have a proper judgement. Thanks for the sarcasm too.
Last edited by Vpopov81 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Hutto

Post by Mark Hutto » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Sorry, ego popped up :oops:

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Happens to the best of us :D

Hidden

Post by Hidden » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi, I am onto Holosync disc 2 and I have found it quite powerful for what it does. The theory behind it is basically that of remaining conscious (in presence) while entering altered brain wave states which generally require many years meditation and can be quite difficult. I think that Holosync does help you make progress, along side of your normal waking alpha state efforts to come to grips with your mind and behaviors.

Now that I am listening and watching Tolle, even for very short periods each day, I find I am not using the Holosync program to gain deaper meditative states. I think that this is because Tolle had presented us with a powerful technique enter the presence that for me has no equal and I love Buddhism and have post grad psychology and counselling qualifications along with a whole lifetime of interest in getting to the truth. I suspect that for the fist time in my long life I have at last been shown the fastest and most powerful method for awakening. I may use Holosync for a while yet, but I feel as though it may not be needed now. Tolle transports me.

Cheers
Hidden

Narz

Post by Narz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am

I did it for about two and a half years but eventually got bored of it. I prefer a more active approach. IMO, doing even 10 minutes of yoga everyday or a half an hour studying chess is better than sitting passively and listening to waves or rain. Just my 2 cents. I liked listening to Mr. Holosync's audio though (sorry forget the guy's name).
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)