Eating as a Portal to Presence

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Kato

Re: Eating as a Portal to Presence

Post by Kato » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:04 pm

So intuitive. You have much to teach me. I thank you.

Kato
"The Inner Voice of Kato Kaizen"
http://katokaizen.wordpress.com/

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Kato -

Thanks also to you for your kind comments about our community on your personal website. We are always honored by any new visitor, especially so by those who have spent time on the path.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

weichen

Post by weichen » Thu May 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks for this wonderful thread.

The title "eating as a portal to presence" implies that mindful cooking and eating is something easy to do, and presence is something hard to achieve, therefore you use something simple (mindful eating) to achieve something important (presence). This may very well be the truth for 'entelechy'. I can picture her salivating over good looking, good smelling, delicious food :-)

For other people who simply gobbles their food without enjoying the taste, or play chess on internet while eating a meal, then there is another alternative. "Mindful eating as the outcome of vast leting go". After I quit playing chess completely, eliminate junk web surfing, cut TV down to weather, ....Mindful eating becomes very easy to do and very enjoyable.

A side note: you can ONLY understand the importance of quiting chess AFTER you quit. After I quit, I could not understand why I had not quit it long time ago.

entelechy

Post by entelechy » Fri May 09, 2008 10:48 pm

James,
I also agree with the gratitude and presence factor when eating, (and other everyday activities), not taking anything for granted, life is miraculous. Even to be able to be conscious and appreciate that life is a miracle, to have the capacity to love, why that is part of the miracle too.
I have found that when I take some time to be truly grateful when eating, I feel much fuller quicker, and energetic, too - have you had a similar experience? It's like as if I absorb the energies I need to replenish my body more readily.
Join me in my journey towards inner and outer success at http://www.thewayofmoney.com

entelechy

Post by entelechy » Fri May 09, 2008 10:51 pm

weichen wrote:This may very well be the truth for 'entelechy'. I can picture her salivating over good looking, good smelling, delicious food :-)
I take pictures of my food, actually. I like arranging it beautifully on my plate... lol :mrgreen:
Join me in my journey towards inner and outer success at http://www.thewayofmoney.com