Spirituality and Drive

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Narayan

Re: Spirituality and Drive

Post by Narayan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Btw. sorry for quoting another blogpost from me here but I continued on this topic spirituality & drive and there where some interesting comments from visitors of the blog: http://www.awakeblogger.com/2008/08/per ... vs-spirit/

I think I got an even more clearer understanding of the topic of balance between those two. Someone commented: "consciousness will take care of everything else" which includes the balance and the usage of the mind and sums it up pretty much I think.
"Be the change you want to see in this world." - Gandhi | current site: Personal Development that Transforms

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:00 am

narayan -

Nice to hear from you...always. The pure Advaitistic Brahman perspective, that all is illusion, that there is only Source sounds very dry and uninspiring. However, it might be radiant self-fulfilling permanent transcendent bliss. So why manifest anything? My guess is cosmic boredom.

This is intuitive on my part, but also reflects the interesting experience of one Nanci Danison, who had a very profound near death experience recorded exquisitely in "Backwards - Returning to our Source for Answers". She talks about the reason for lila in maya having to do with a divine interest in exploring duality as a construct, adding an application, if you will, for unconditional love...as an option to the empty void of blissful wonderment.

So...why not accept manifested reality, excel and love and be enthusiastic in it...as awakened Sourcebeams...

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

pondering

Post by pondering » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:43 pm

I work in a demanding career that about 1 year ago starting losing its lustre for me. I asked myself two questions. (1) What is it in my work I like? (2) What's happens if I lose my small company and do something different? I spent a day actively outlining what I still like doing in my career and what I don't like. I then moved toward (am still in transition) getting rid of the activities I don't like and focusing on what I do like. I'm doing this with no fear because my answer to question (2) above is that if I lose my small company, there's lots I can do that requires activities I'm still motivated to do. Once I came to accept the worst case scenario (according to the materialistic world) which is shutting down my company or losing it, so many possibilities/opportunities arose. I just couldn't carry on doing activities that I wasn't motivated to do even if it cost me financially. I work less, am present more and enjoy my work much, much more. I pursue my work with enthusiasm again. Nisargadatta told people to pursue their occupation and outer life with enthusiasm. I like that and I can do that while letting my inner life expand. The key for me is not to place any importance on outcomes, but instead to focus on being present and engaged in what I'm doing now.