Saving The World

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
be-lank

Saving The World

Post by be-lank » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Many of us have a sincere desire to help others, to save the world.
Though a genuine heart-felt desire, according to many Masters, “there are no others”. This desire supports their being others. And if there are others… then there is us, me, separation.

“Helping others”- this need or desire, is also helping us. There is a “self” involved in this desire.

The only way to truly help others is to awaken from the dream. Self-realization is the way to help others and this world.

“The only way the sacred can come into this world is through awareness being aware of itself.” Eckhart Tolle.

And this is Self-realization.

No matter what we do in the dream, though it can help on the surface, the dream continues and will continue to need help.

Awakening is not only a blessing for those who awaken, but one becomes a blessing on earth. Consciousness itself awakens in the human form. This heals all at the roots. This transmits presence to all and on the planet.

It is best to put our attention on our own awakening, instead of trying to help and save others. This attention is best used in portal practices.

Nothing Real is ever lost.

But don’t die again with that treasure within you.

“The only absolutely important thing is knowing who you are beyond form.” Eckhart Tolle

Let all the rest go. Give all the rest to God. Give yourself to God.

Or stay in the dream… the one that is fast fading away.

dancer

Post by dancer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:10 pm

The only absolutely important thing is knowing who you are beyond form.” Eckhart Tolle

Let all the rest go.
Thanks sweetie.
:)

dancer

Post by dancer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:26 pm

Ok, so I printed what you posted and highlighted what I quoted.
And then I went and sat on my throne.
And I'm thinking, ok, this is the end of the story, I don't need more time.
And suddenly this thought comes.
"There is nothing to "get"."
There really is no enlightenment.
There is just letting go of the story, of the need to "get something" called enlightenment.

Ok, so can it really be that easy? I'll have to come back later and let you know.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:18 pm

There Is Something To Get.

Awareness Aware Of Awareness

Consciousness Conscious of Consciousness

This is what this is all about.

And also what all the avoidance is about.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:40 pm

Practicing the Portals from The Power Of Now is a way to Liberation.

"Every portal is a portal of death, the death of the false self. When you go through it you cease to derive your identity from your psychological, mind-made form. You then realize that death is an illusion, just as your identification with form was an illusion. The end of illusion- that’s all that death is. It is painful only so long as you cling to illusion."

Eckhart Tolle

The ego does not like it. The ego does not want to die.

The portals are tools for the end of suffering. Which is the end of the ego.

The end of the story.

phil

Re: Saving The World

Post by phil » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:43 am

be-lank wrote:The only way to truly help others is to awaken from the dream.
Sigh... So desperately anxious to toss away the truly wonderful contributions of so many millions, at any expense to the needy, just for the privilege of being owner of "the only way." Did someone mention self?
be-lank wrote:“The only way the sacred can come into this world is through awareness being aware of itself.” Eckhart Tolle.
The sacred doesn't come in to the world, the sacred is the world. Whether someone is aware of awareness or not. No only way is needed, the whole thing works just fine without our help.

Honestly, I really don't want to be personally confrontational. I truly don't. I beg forgiveness if I've failed in that. Just trying to be completely honest.

Every time I hear this "only way" business I wonder if I made the right decision becoming involved with the teachings of ET. Really, I do.

Is this "only way" thing really Tolle, or just a student's interpretation of Tolle. I hope for the later.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:00 am

“Every time I hear this "only way" business I wonder if I made the right decision becoming involved with the teachings of ET. Really, I do.”
Okay. Let’s drop “the only way.”

To truly help others- awaken from the dream.

The sacred can come into this world through awareness being aware of itself.

The enlightened master embodies a state of consciousness that is the destiny of all humanity.

Eckhart Tolle

dancer

Post by dancer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:23 am

This is what I wrote this morning:
And I'm thinking, ok, this is the end of the story, I don't need more time.
And suddenly this thought comes.
"There is nothing to "get"."
There really is no enlightenment.
There is just letting go of the story, of the need to "get something" called enlightenment.

Ok, so can it really be that easy? I'll have to come back later and let you know.
I wanted to double check my experience with Ramana, here's what he wrote:
Realization is nothing to be gained afresh; it is already there. All that is necessary is to get rid of the thought "I have not realized".
Stillnes and peace is Realization.
So long as there is doubt or the feeling of non-Realization, the attempt should be made to rid oneself of these thoughts. They are due to identification of the Self with the not-Self. When the not-Self disappears, the Self alone remains.

So after a wonderful day with my family and a day of watching the present moment and knowing that this is all that there really is, and also looking constantly all day to see if I had any problems or doubts with the present moment and not finding any whatsoever, I am happy to say that I am peace, I am stillness. The stillness of the present moment that is.

Phil,
I've known for a long time now that Lisa was realized, she has been supporting and guiding me through this process of letting go of the story. She knew I had arrived today before I did. This is typical with her, she has a way of knowing ahead of me where I'm at. The only way she can know that is if she's gone through it before herself. I'm really glad she's been around guiding and encouraging me. She's a real gem.

Thanks sweetie.

dancer

Post by dancer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 am

Dear Lisa,

"Awareness being aware of itself", is that the same thing as me being aware that the present moment is all that there is?

I think that's what you're saying but I'm not sure.

It must be, since this is the one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb in this whole experience today.

Now when I say I'm aware of the present moment I'm also aware that I am the present moment so I think that is how I as awareness am aware of myself as the present moment.

I must say if that's all there is to it, I don't know why such a big deal is made of it.

Clare

Re: Saving The World

Post by Clare » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:56 am

phil wrote: The sacred doesn't come in to the world, the sacred is the world. Whether someone is aware of awareness or not. No only way is needed, the whole thing works just fine without our help.
I love this, Phil. I agree, we do all this awareness stuff so that we can be more aware of the sacredness that is already there - within us, without us. I don't see this as diverse from Eckhart's or any other higher teaching.

Do we do it to save the world? I don't think so. I don't think we little humans can save the world, more the world could save us if we stopped abusing it. We do self-realisation for ourselves, and yes, this could help us in not abusing the world, but I don't see it as neccessary, as there are many un-self-realised people, who wouldn't have a clue what "Awareness being aware of itself" mean't ( I confess, I don't) but just get on with love and helping.

I find it interesting that saving the world, and saving humans are often equated, but we could completely obliterate life as we know it, and we still could not kill the world. It will grow back, strong, diverse, beautiful, in times beyond our comprehension, beyond our Knowing - without us.

I'm just grateful it still manages to do it whilst we're here. Perhaps if we self realise, we can all enjoy it for a bit longer, but let's never forget how Self-serving that is. :)

Clare
"The day is full of birds.
Sounds like they're saying words."

Kate Bush - "Aerial"

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:44 pm

Presence is peace, aliveness, gentleness, intensity… love.
Consciousness, Space consciousness, Awareness are other words for Presence. And these words point to who we really are.

Presence is felt. Not as emotion, but as feeling. Presence is alive. And when very still, there is “Felt Oneness with Being”.

Felt Oneness with Being is a very big deal.

Awareness is a current, it is the field of Now. It is the present moment. It is the now. The Now is very deep. It is much deeper than appearances. It is the space in which all of existence is allowed to be. The discovery that this space, which is both form and formless, is all there is.. and is also One… and is also who we are.. is a big deal.

Awareness of awareness is what Consciousness wants. It wants to realize Itself, and it does so through the human being. When awareness is aware of itself.. the whole universe jumps with joy. God said, “I was a hidden treasure that wanted to be known.” And with awareness aware of itself, it is known.

When Consciousness becomes conscious of itself, there is no doubt. The sense of separation dissolves.. and what is left is space. Clear, invisible space.. that is alive.. and that is who we are. Where there was a mental boundary, a fixed reality, now is simply space. But the space is I Am. It is empty and full both. It is nothing, but is real and felt as Being.

Most of all, awareness aware of itself is Felt. No concepts here. Full body experience. And space consciousness stays after this realization. The intensity varies.. but Presence continues to emerge and flower and deepen.

There Is something to get. How one goes about it may be different. Even if that is “There is nothing to get”.. whatever works. There is no one way, but there is only one way. This is confusing to the mind, that sees Only either/Or. But both seemingly opposite truths are true. But the greatest truth is that which allows all truths to be- which is the space in which the truths exist. And realizing this space as who we are.. awareness aware of itself.. is a very big deal indeed. It is the real deal.

dancer

Post by dancer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:52 pm

Dear Lisa,

You have made it very clear that awareness being aware of itself is very important.

There is something else I need to add to this.

This morning again, my attention was drawn inward into the Heart center and I was aware for a few brief moments that I am this incredibly powerful sacredness that is playing peekaboo there.

When It manifests I am completely overwhelmed and become nothing compared to this incredible Presence.

I know this fits in somehow with what you have said, there is no feeling that there's a conflict here.

I hesitate to call this powerful all consuming inner sacredness "awareness" but don't quite know how it relates to the experience of awareness being aware of itself.

I can easily and unhesitatingly call this inner sacredness "God", no doubt about that.

There is tremendous mystery here and want only to drown deeper in it.

"but don't quite know how it relates to the experience of awareness being aware of itself."
I suspect this is ego needing to "know".

I really don't need to know, I'm very
comfortable not knowing, just allowing, just being.

"I suspect this is ego needing to "know".
Hold on, I don't need to do this anymore. I don't need to label, to analyse.

Suffice it to say I want to know and yet I don't want to know, that's all.

Ok, I have a confession to make.

I know about the miracle of awareness being aware of itself.

I've known it all along, but somehow wasn't able/willing to look at it.

I am the teacher and I am the student.

I am "Awareness" and I am the "little me" in the head.

I am the sacredness at the center of my being and I am the being experiencing this sacredness.

This brings to mind something Adyashanti said:

Are you a human being having several spiritual experiences?

Or are you spirit having an experience of being human?

summer

Post by summer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:09 pm

The only way to truly help others is to awaken from the dream. Self-realization is the way to help others and this world.

“The only way the sacred can come into this world is through awareness being aware of itself.” Eckhart Tolle.
I have a very difficult time believing that Eckhart really means what is being interpreted here.

Life already is sacred. And this sacredness is always here, whether I happen to be conscious of it today, or not.

And all this talk about "saving the world" It sounds rather grandiose to me. As if the mind is creating a problem, and then offering the Tolle teachings as a way to fix the problem. And the "ONLY" way???????

I dunno......I just hope that a few sentences are being misinterpreted.
In the greater scheme, we are one tiny rock, circling around one small sun in a galaxy that appears to contain billions of suns.

The Unlimited is handling all of this quite magnificently, it would appear. I think that I will go back to enjoying the clouds. It looks like a storm is brewing over the ocean, and it might start raining soon.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:34 pm

“Ok, I have a confession to make.
I know about the miracle of awareness being aware of itself.
I've known it all along, but somehow wasn't able/willing to look at it.”

Okay.

“I am "Awareness" and I am the "little me" in the head.”

I am Awareness and I watch the “little me” in the head.

“I am the sacredness at the center of my being and I am the being experiencing this sacredness.”

Yes.

”This morning again, my attention was drawn inward into the Heart center and I was aware for a few brief moments that I am this incredibly powerful sacredness”

(“that is playing peekaboo there.” Who is playing peekaboo?)

”When It manifests I am completely overwhelmed and become nothing”

(“compared to this incredible Presence.” What is being compared?)

”I hesitate to call this powerful all consuming inner sacredness "awareness”
Why?

“but don't quite know how it relates to the experience of awareness being aware of itself.”

It is awareness. It is sacred. It is the inner energy field of the body. It is a portal. Drop all the me. Be. Go into it more deeply. Lose yourself in it. Awareness now becomes aware of itself. This is how what you are “doing” relates to awareness being aware of itself.

It may become aware of itself when you least except it. By practicing the inner body portal… you might be shaving and Behold God! For me, I was simply walking home after several months of portal practice. It did not happen while I was practicing, though it could have. But it was the portal practices that enabled it to happen.

You already have great portal practices. Just … trust, and surrender. Surrender fully when in the body, in the heart center.

”I can easily and unhesitatingly call this inner sacredness "God", no doubt about that.
There is tremendous mystery here and want only to drown deeper in it.”

Yes. Beautiful. Drown deeper.

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:39 pm

It looks like a storm is brewing over the ocean, and it might start raining soon.

Yes. Beautiful. Let's drown in it.