Saving The World

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Clare

Post by Clare » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:54 pm

phil wrote: Dancer, I post so people will see how groovy I am.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, um, to be helpful too.

Please observe what happens to me next.

Let's watch.
You get a reply from Clare, Phil :)

The questioning of why we post is a good thing. It got me thinking (haha!).

I don't think being groovy is the only reason though Phil.

I post for a number of reasons.

To get feedback on something -To gain insights and other views..
To clarify and solidify things that I haven't been able to pull together before
To ask for help or get support.
To offer help or support.
For amusement and comraderie.
To distract me from life when I don't like it much.

I don't think I ever even aspire to teach. If I do, it's by accident. I only teach what I am trained to teach, and this ain't it.

As for grooviness - well, I no longer think in terms of being groovy; I simply allow grooviness to flow through me. I am the embodiment of grooviness. You could never aspire to the grooviness that is me simply because you are reaching for groovy, rather than going within and 'allowing' your inner groove to Be. 8) :wink:
X
"The day is full of birds.
Sounds like they're saying words."

Kate Bush - "Aerial"
:)

heidi

Post by heidi » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:09 am

Yes, Clare, I am the groove witnessing grooviness. :)

Namaste - I bow to the grooviness in you.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

phil

Post by phil » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:56 am

Well said as usual Clare.

I guess I'm reaching for some openness in regards to why we post, and have probably overshot the mark somewhat in my attempt to get our motivations out in the open.

Surely there can be a number of motivations, as you suggest, and not all of them are about teaching others, or showing off etc.

And honestly, I really don't think there's a thing in the world wrong with one of us deciding we will offer a um, brilliant sermon for the benefit of others. If I thought that, I wouldn't attempt it all the time myself.

Assuming one's intent is generally amiable, I see no reason to change this motivation at all. Why not harness this ego energy for something potentially useful?

It just seems a good idea to keep everything out on the table where we can observe it, as much as is possible.

Not change it, just observe it.
You could never aspire to the grooviness that is me simply because you are reaching for groovy, rather than going within and 'allowing' your inner groove to Be
Aha! I knew my problem must be something like that!

This is a wonderful kind of teaching, a Clare speciality.

Less stuffing the reader's head with our own thoughts, and more helping them laugh instead.

Your not really all that humble student aspires to study this talent of yours. Helping readers laugh seems so much being now, as opposed to talking about now.

If I only had one moment left to live, I'd hope to spend it laughing.
Last edited by phil on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wings

Post by Wings » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:58 am

“The only way the sacred can come into this world is through awareness being aware of itself.” Eckhart Tolle.
Someone sacred once said, “I am not of this world.” I wonder who?

Reaching a state of awareness and knowing you posses this state of awareness, in and of itself, puts you in a spiritual world/realm which one can feel as personal and hold as sacred. Unlike the masses on this planet that have dwelled in the house of thought since time in memoriam, oblivious of all else accept that which existed between their ears. Paradoxically they too have the privilege of holding whatever they want as sacred. Historically sacredness is not exclusive.

Clare

Post by Clare » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:28 am

Wings, I agree. Humans have a habit of making sacred whatever they feel should be - sometimes what they think should be. What is sacred? That's a matter of human opinion.

Humans also have a habit of believing their opinions come from some higher realm that transforms them into Truth.

Today, I proclaim grooviness as sacred. Phil and Heidi are finally Understanding and Knowing "grooviness being groovy about itself". I am approving of that- well done, I say. I would argue (ha!) that the masses who have spent millennia focussing on what's going on between their books have done so only as a means to an end - the state of Feelin' Groovy, as written in chapter IV verse 5 - Simon and Garfunkel.

Slow down, you move too fast
You gotta make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobblestones
Lookin' for fun and
Feelin' groovy____________

Hello lampost
Whatcha knowin?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain'tcha got no rhymes for me?
Doo Bee Doo Doo,
Feelin' groovy____________

Got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me...
Life, I love you,
All is groovy____________________

Please note, when they couldn't find a good line to write, they simply wrote "do bee doo doo" - this is the apex of the teaching.
phil wrote:If I only had one moment left to live, I'd hope to spend it laughing.
Sometimes, Phil, you dazzle me.

Happy Sunday All!
:lol:
Clare

Kate Bush - "Aerial"

dancer

Post by dancer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:37 pm

If I only had one moment left to live, I'd hope to spend it laughing
If I only had one moment left to live , I would let go of it and embrace not knowing.

summer

Post by summer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:33 pm

Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

phil

Post by phil » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:36 pm

Clare wrote:Please note, when they couldn't find a good line to write, they simply wrote "do bee doo doo" - this is the apex of the teaching.
Ha. I just had an imagine of a spiritual teacher on stage, taking questions from the audience.

A tough question comes in, and instead of pretending they have a useful answer, the teacher breaks in to a show tune.

"There's no business like now business, do bee doo doo!"

A chorus of high stepping Tollettes can cans out from behind the curtain to sing the backup harmonies.

At the climax of the song, Krishnamurti floats down from the ceiling on a concealed wire, right in to the middle of the stage spotlight, and begins tap dancing along with straw hat and cane.

At the least, I want a teacher who can do a great impersonation of Johnathon Winters, is that so much to ask??
Last edited by phil on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clare

Post by Clare » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:10 pm

Y'see? Summer even illustrated the point - In beautiful seventies psychedelia! Perfect! :)
phil wrote: At the least, I want a teacher who can do a great impersonation of Johnathon Winters, is that so much to ask??
I believe it's one of the criteria by which they identify the various incarnations of the Dalai Lama.

Kate Bush - "Aerial"

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:37 am

If I only had one moment left to live, I'd hope to spend it laughing
Me too, Phil.

I'm not going to have a tombstone, I don't think, but if I did it should read "Somebody Tell a Joke".
I believe it's one of the criteria by which they identify the various incarnations of the Dalai Lama.
Maybe Clare will be there, and she will tell it.

phil

Post by phil » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:12 am

Truth be told, when I have only one moment left to live, I'll probably spend it wishing for just one more moment.