I can't help you.

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
lanroh

I can't help you.

Post by lanroh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:10 am

Hide and seek.

It would seem that there is no such thing as peace, only the absence of seeking. I am not attempting to say I understand all this stuff we are talking about because that would be like playing tennis and not recognizing the first cause of seeking has been set in motion, the serve.

Always the serve, never the return. That would seem to be the typical human drama. Seekers are still the same thing, only they think there getting some where.

Only the serve, first cause is seen as coming from the self so an attempt is made at withholding the serve. This maybe the sense of the witness.

No serve and no not serve. No cause or causeless.

Maybe this is the sense that one was only hearing ones own echo, Yet isn't the sense of anything I am.

I can't help you, what beautiful words, the sound of the source.

If miss understood this will sound like arrogance, if understood it will sound like nothing at all.

domokato

Re: I can't help you.

Post by domokato » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:21 am

It sounds like nothing at all...but it also feels like I don't understand! haha
~housecat

lanroh

Post by lanroh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 am

Hi domokato

It sounds like nothing at all...but it also feels like I don't understand! haha

Since writing the above post one has seen more attachments in ones life. I still feel one person helping another is very limited, nothing is impossible yet the portal of one person helping another is very tight. One person may help another in negation, yet can another help someone not to refill the void with a new concept?

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj puts it better then I when he says: "action betrays our bondage" Can another man point out for another the seed of his bondage ? Can he point out no-mind or can he only take him to the edge of a world where nothing happens.

domokato

Post by domokato » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:39 am

It seems Eckhart has. But he says he can only help those that are ready. The ones who are not ready to be awakened cannot be helped yet. They will resist help. The most help we can give is to "lead by example", so to speak. Eckhart calls it spreading the light of consciousness - being present in the company of others so that they might feel your presence and so join you in presence. Perhaps after being around you enough, they may look to you for spiritual guidance. That's what happened to Eckhart after he spent those years on park benches - people started asking him questions.
~housecat

lanroh

Post by lanroh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:21 am

domokato
being present in the company of others so that they might feel your presence and so join you in presence.
Yes your right, presence is very powerful. Really I can't agree with you are Eckhart Tolle more. I am just learning myself the significance of presence. Thanks for your reply and your points.

Soul Seeker

Post by Soul Seeker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 pm

It seems Eckhart has. But he says he can only help those that are ready. The ones who are not ready to be awakened cannot be helped yet. They will resist help. The most help we can give is to "lead by example", so to speak. Eckhart calls it spreading the light of consciousness - being present in the company of others so that they might feel your presence and so join you in presence. Perhaps after being around you enough, they may look to you for spiritual guidance. That's what happened to Eckhart after he spent those years on park benches - people started asking him questions.

Domokato you comments have struck a cord with me, in fact I was only pondering these things today. I have only come to Tolle in the last 3 months - in fact I am just reading New Earth now - also I have watched all the Oprah shows on it. The Power of Now was the first book of his I read. I have told many friends about the writings of Tolle and have spoken a little about what it is about, but now I am pulling back from even mentioning his name due to their resistance on the subject. I fully accept the 'what is' of the situation and try and remain in the presence whenever I am with them.

domokato

Post by domokato » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:13 pm

Yes. I made the same mistake at first too, haha. I told all my friends about it and told them to read The Power of Now and as a result they were turned off. They're also only in their 20s so you can't so much blame them. Most of them just don't care to be awakened! I've come to not resist this fact, and instead to show them what presence is by being present around them, and it has definitely had some positive effect at least in our friendships, if not also in their everyday lives :)
~housecat