A Guard Dog II

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
dubhasa

A Guard Dog II

Post by dubhasa » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Link to Guard Dog I http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... 738#p29738

A Guard Dog II

Since there has been a morning, I do not see external threats. I stopped barking, attacking on imaginary enemies and injuring myself further. Most if not all of my wounds have been healed. I am feeling much more nourished, light and open towards everything around me. I am not sure other dogs or even barnyard cat and kitten have noticed any change. Since I look like the same dog, I have the same fur, features and I also bark the same way, no other dogs can even notice the change. Major difference I feel is my barking is voluntary. I cannot be forced to bark if I don't want to. All other neighborhood dogs have a strong almost involuntary tendency to bark, attack everything that they see, and injure themselves in the process.

I also realized that just like outer world, there is a huge inner world. Many times I feel a huge movement inside, like strong winds collapsing structures, clearing up the path and leaving nothing but open space behind. I see same things more clearly, breath nowadays more deeply and perceive things more clearly, as they are. I clearly see how neighborhood dogs perceive the world, how they see the dangers, which do not exist, how they suffer real injuries by reacting to imaginary dangers and just in general how hopelessly tangled up their lives are.

I am surprised to see that there is a huge industry out there about waking up your master. It seems that many dogs think that by chewing more and more bones, they can wake up master. Many dogs stop chewing bones altogether, punish themselves, stand just on one feet in an attempt to wake up master. Many dogs have developed intricate practices about chewing up bones in a certain way. They also have a lot of followers. Many dogs bark in a specific way, they call it chanting. Some other dogs gather at the quiet place and bark together. They call it retreat. Many dogs I see, keep on searching other neighborhoods, they travel far and wide to other cities, spend years and years in searching about how to wake up the master. Now, how ridiculous is that? My neighborhood is full of such dogs who gather on the street corner on every Sunday morning. Together they bark at all other dogs gathered at opposite end of the street. Now, is there ever a need to leave your own barnyard to find a master? I think not, Sire.

It is my experience that whatever I do has no relation whatsoever in waking up my master. Nothing that ever I chew, bark, imagine, plan, behave, act, attack, travel, read, cut my hair, grow my hair, prostrate in a certain way has anything to do with it. My master wakes up on his own. I cannot push, I cannot coarse, and I cannot control anything that he does. How can I? I am just a Guard Dog. He is my master. Finally I noticed that he is waking up when I gave up everything, everything and everything. Only way that I can feel any slight movement inside the house is to be absolutely quiet, be present, look inside and slowly crawl closer and closer to his bed.

To be continued...

Sighclone

Re: A Guard Dog II

Post by Sighclone » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:58 pm

dub:

Wonderful, wonderful! It made me laugh out loud.

bark, bark...
Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:49 am

Brilliant. I really enjoyed that. Love your way of putting it.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

dagobert

Post by dagobert » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:18 pm

cool way of saying the truth.