Creativity?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
domokato

Creativity?

Post by domokato » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Tolle teaches that the state of no-mind is a state of great creative power. I have seen glimpses of this in my own life, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have found that the state of no-mind has unleashed your own creative power in some tangible way. Are there any artists here that benefited from the state of no-mind? Musicians? I'm a computer scientist and musician and I have seen small improvements in both areas since I started practicing being present, but not the great creative power he talks about, at least not yet :)
~housecat

Sighclone

Re: Creativity?

Post by Sighclone » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:20 am

My experience in meditation goes back 35 years. My experience with awakening probably started then, but has increased dramatically in the last year. Specifically, spontaneous ways of speaking ot others with more delicacy and impact have come much more naturally. Thoughts for a novel I'm working on have also appeared, usually after a meditation session, sometimes during one. Gigantic breakthrough ideas have not appeared, at least not formally and not yet.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:05 pm

When I am doing art, I get "lost" in no mind, time ceases to exist and I am in a state out joyfulness. Magic happens.
I remember when i was writing my book, fiction, I'd get going and the characters would take on their own lives and action would happen, and then I'd read it and ask, where did that come from? For me creation happens in the letting go - being in the zone, as they say.

One of my favorite quotes from Goethe:
“Then indecision brings its own delays,
And days are lost lamenting o'er lost days.
Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute;
What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Sw A Devagni

Post by Sw A Devagni » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Sighclone wrote:Thoughts for a novel I'm working on have also appeared, usually after a meditation session, sometimes during one.

Oooh...you shouldn't be thinking, you know!

x

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Ok, I'll stop. :)
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Soul Seeker

Post by Soul Seeker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:49 am

Over many years I have experienced no mind and creativity with painting - it would seem when the mind is still the flow happens.
Recently I watched an interesting documentary on Phillip Glass the American composer, he said that the music is already there he only has to write it down. This is the same as what Tolle said on Oprah about his books, that they already existed he just had to write them. I feel that Glass is awakened and it is a wonderful example of someone who is working in the creative realm while still going deeply into spirituality

domokato

Post by domokato » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:42 am

I love Glass's music :D
~housecat