Does Consciousness evolve?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Sighclone

Re: Does Consciousness evolve?

Post by Sighclone » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:42 pm

When I read things like this :
partial manifestation of the Absolute
, red flags start to rise. But this time they didn't, because I agree. I agree because many have said this, and also because it feels right.

It is within the "partiality" (the limitation of the world-plane/maya) that both the potential for and release from suffering exist. The observation and measuring of "manifestation" occur within the "partial manifestation," the mind, of sentient beings.

About two years ago, I was unfamiliar with ET, but generally familiar with enlightenment as something that happened after 20 years on Zen Mountain. I sat back, though and marvelled at how beautifully designed human bodies are for existing, for manifesting Source, on this planet. I had a vision of a healthy body/form, utterly free of ego, just being a conduit for the energy of Being. Slowly that vision is becoming a reality in the form "I" occupy. My ego was not a punishing sort, and I spent many years studying it through the conventional and less conventional modalities of traditional psychology. Of course, I thought I was studying me. Leaving it behind has been hard, not so much because it has been a source of anxiety, but because generally it was well-motivated - naturally seeking and delivering unconditional love. Unlike Eckhart, I liked me. For me, the shift has been one of living more in the NOW, mostly. The present moment was not a place I respected or really experienced much or understood. Oddly, this is true despite 35 years of meditation. And my painbody was active only in childish little frustrations, really.

Lovely, lovely thread - thanks all.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce