Acts of the New Awakening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
sunshine77

Acts of the New Awakening

Post by sunshine77 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:43 pm

I was reading a post about the media and it would appear that the world is not awakening if that is what we gave our attention to. But it is not so if we look else where.

I would like to start a thread so that we can share acts (no matter how small) that have touched our hearts or made us think that there is plenty of humanity and connectedness out there. This can be a special time of year to remember that not matter what we celebrate, we are one and give when needed (financial or otherwise).

I over heard a lady at work say that everytime she went to get coffee this week, the person in front of her purchased her coffee. Now that can make a day!
Also, I got some great advice from Juno. I felt her presence and concern for me. Thanks!

Sighclone

Re: Acts of the New Awakening

Post by Sighclone » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Welcome sunshine77! Glad you joined. My wife, who lost her sister to cancer eleven months ago spent an hour comforting an old friend of mine who lost his wife to suicide about three months ago. Made his day...

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

sunshine77

Post by sunshine77 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm

That is good to hear. It is nice to be able to put aside yourself to be there for others. Suicide must be very dificult for those who are close and sometimes the best thing is just to listen. :mrgreen:

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi again Sunshine, You sound better :D

Something I wanted to say that applys to the other thread we were talking on. I wanted to tell you in case you didn't know that Adyashanti is where I learned about "Allowing" in a way that resonated with me. I now hear ET talk about allowing everywhere but for some reason for me it took Adya's way of teaching to kick in. His first book/audio that I recieved is called True Meditation and it changed meditation for me 180 degrees just by his teaching of allowing. At that point I still wasen't completly into Adya's teaching. I saw on iTunes his Spontaneous Awakening audio book. It was $40 for a download so I thought about it for about two or three days which is unusual for me. I finally decided that one teaching of allowing was so worth everything I decided to buy the other download and from that point on I realized the huge value of Adya's teaching. Have you heard or read any of Adyashanti's teaching? If not you might check out adyashanti.org he has writings on there that are all really amazing in my book. I love ET too just had to say that. :D

This got a little long.

Monica
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:14 pm

I just read a study that showed that if your friends are happy, you are 15% more likely to be happy. Not only that, but if their friends and friends of their friends are happy, you are more likely to be happy at a 10% and 5% rate as the association diminishes. They talked about mood as a viral phenomenom and our social network as a large system that is responsive and sensitive to individual changes, good/bad. We have influence on people we don't even know...

This study was just talking about "happiness". Think how powerful presence/awareness/clarity is in our own internal systems and how powerfully it radiates out to our social systems. The study talked about social "nodes" people who are a hub for their social network--they know everyone, pass on information,etc....including moods.....frequency holders...

(this can be "negative" as well--those associated with obese people are more likely to be obese, smokers, etc.)

I love this thread and would like to hear more about what we are transmitting.
Be present, be pleasant.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:57 am

Onceler -

I read the same study, or a precis...WOW!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

sunshine77

Post by sunshine77 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:30 am

Hi all!
Juno-My husband has told me of Adya. I have read it on here, too. I have not looked at his writings, but will do.
I have to say that did release it all. It is hard not to punish someone who has done you wrong, but I have learned to do that. I love the saying "be the change you want to see in others". Releasing and accepting is very powerful. I'm glad that I learned to do this.

I have not read the study, but I can certainly agree. I think it's easier when we see a group of people with massive "pain bodies" and it's a great to recognize it for a group of people who are happy. I know too that I certainly I feel it when I go to certain cities. New York I feel is such a great, powerful city with amazing energy. I have been places where I couldn't wait to leave as well.

Happy Holidays all!

weichen

Post by weichen » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:48 am

I would like to start a thread so that we can share acts (no matter how small) that have touched our hearts or made us think that there is plenty of humanity and connectedness out there. This can be a special time of year to remember that not matter what we celebrate, we are one and give when needed (financial or otherwise).

I over heard a lady at work say that everytime she went to get coffee this week, the person in front of her purchased her coffee. Now that can make a day!

Sunshine, Like your idea alot.

Maybe add a small twist. Give a little more than just a cup coffee. Give the person behind you the best gift ever.

Stillness.

Windrider

Post by Windrider » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:35 am

sunshine77 wrote: I would like to start a thread so that we can share acts (no matter how small) that have touched our hearts or made us think that there is plenty of humanity and connectedness out there. This can be a special time of year to remember that not matter what we celebrate, we are one and give when needed (financial or otherwise).
I like this thread :) . One thing that has touched my heart and made me think that there is humanity and connectedness out there is something my dad did when when he was raising me. Whenever we saw a bug in our house instead of crushing it and throwing it in the trash can like many people wouldnt think twice about doing, he would take a cup and a piece of paper, trap it, and let it go outside. That little amount of effort to let life be, rather then killing it, really taught me something and made me think how connected everything really is. I think that small action is the most important thing my dad ever taught me.
All the busy little creatures
Chasing out their destinies
Living in their pools
They soon forget about the sea...

MeMeMine

Post by MeMeMine » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:17 am

Helloooo... We've recently moved into a new neighborhood and met one of our neighbors. They're a very sweet mother and daughter. This introduction was a little funny as I am working in the garage, I can here this muffled "hheellloo? heellllooo?" and I peeked outside where I could see this little pink gloved hand waving over the brick fence... she's quite short...

I grabbed a stool to stand on and I peered over the fence and my neighbor is all sweetness and smiles. She says, "HI, I'm you're neighbor... and what's your name?" I said, "I'm Russell, It's a pleasure to meet you" As we exchange a few questions she introduces me to her 87 yr old mother, now this was a twist, because she herself looks like a grandmother (as she has polio - her movements and speech are quite awkward).

I thought to myself, wow, here they are taking care of each other in their own way. Both seniors and feisty and friendly and quite cheerful. It was a very sweet moment. My wife and I walked around with a dozen fresh eggs from our little hens, and they loaded us up with oranges, grapefruit, and lemons from their small grove of trees.

I'd be happy if we could all live this way... :D :D :D
Seize the moment and ride that moment into eternity. J. Matus

sunshine77

Post by sunshine77 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi,
Last week our friend lost the dogs he was dog sitting (in an apartment building). When we were looking for them. So many people helped look. The next day one of the dogs still wasn't found. We looked some more with no luck. One neighbor came to us and said that she had looked the whole complex. That night another neighbor came to him and told him she saw the dog close by. And alas the little guy finally came home!
I was just amazed how helpful and compassionate everyone was.