Don’t trade this moment for ANYTHING!

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
weichen

Re: Don’t trade this moment for ANYTHING!

Post by weichen » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:24 am

Don't trade this moment for ANYTHING!
Indeed.
Suffering happens during the trading. Suffering continues when that 'ANYTHING' (billionaire, or president of the country), turns out not as what they promise to be.

Mike, if you write your book in this attitude (not trade any moment for your book), then the 'Enlightenment on Demand' book is not written by Mike, but by the deathless ONE LIFE.

The titile of the book may be very different from 'Enlightenment on Demand' when it gets published. What interests that deathless ONE LIFE?
Last edited by weichen on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:38 am

I think some people can get caught up in trying to stop thinking so much that they start fighting it,
Yes, it's an easy trap to get caught in.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:40 am

Windrider, I think at last I get what you are saying.
If I were to imagine the earth with a mostly awakened human population, it would not seem out of place for people to maintain a pursuit in science and take care of the planet.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Windrider

Post by Windrider » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:56 pm

randomguy wrote:Windrider, I think at last I get what you are saying.
If I were to imagine the earth with a mostly awakened human population, it would not seem out of place for people to maintain a pursuit in science and take care of the planet.
I also think science will not be seen as the rigid, mathmatical, boring activitys "smart people" do anymore. Instead, it will take part in the movement of embracing the the wonder and mystery of life that the human mind has covered up by such prejudices and other mental walls.
All the busy little creatures
Chasing out their destinies
Living in their pools
They soon forget about the sea...

mistral

Post by mistral » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:10 am

Windrider, I am in total agreement with you. From what I have discovered, I'd say once you get the Zest of All This, you find that you are no longer afraid to think; that you love 'thought' and realize how marvelous and profound Everything YOU ARE really is. You see the 'old objective' world as Within All That You Are, and you see that everything has a delicious meaning and purpose. Nothing is outside of All That I am. Thoughts and time is seen as Within the Timeless One, so there is nothing about time or thoughts that should be gotten rid of (or thought of as poison)....Now is unlimited and includes the Infinity of All Time, past and future....and this open us up to ‘an eye’ for 'prophecy'…. as you rise to the heights that encompass past and future you can see ‘the future’ more clearly. You begin to understand the purpose for our 'material-tangible' experience in the world, and you see 'why' the world is as it is. Discovery of the Real Self allows us a fuller and richer perspective, certainly not a narrower one where 'thoughts' are to be shunned and considered 'poison'. The Light of unlimited Awareness-Love-Being All That I Am reveals so much more. It is important to keep going and don’t stop until you are fully back in the world again. Metaphorically speaking, it is as if we are climbing a spiraling path upward on a mountain. With every new turn around the mountain, you come to a place where you see the point of view you stood at just below you....that point of view is still included, but the higher view reveals so much more. I find that as we get closer to the top the path becomes narrower, but the view becomes grander and now includes and wider and more expansion. The view includes all the lesser views and not one of them is right as in "I will stop here" but furhter up we see that everyone of them is very necessary.

Our thoughts are a Wonder and Delight. Consciousness is not without thought, ideas. These are God’s Greatest Gifts. Peace and Grace allows the mind to see things in a new light.

Then as Windrider points out
"I also think science will not be seen as the rigid, mathmatical, boring activitys "smart people" do anymore. Instead, it will take part in the movement of embracing the the wonder and mystery of life that the human mind has covered up by such prejudices and other mental walls."
We put our thoughts to Good Use toward inventions and creative endeavors of all kinds. We should all be like scientists leading our explorations with integrity and honesty. Our job is to explore Life and that is always by way of mental-mind presence scine nothing is really anything else bu mind. Thinking is not poison; thinking is not the 'problem'. Life is idea, everything is idea, its nothing material, it is mind. We are Living and Being idea and a grand imagination. We see this and then we discover a New Dimension is added.

Love Mistral

mistral

Post by mistral » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:23 am

Besides, I think we have to get over our fear of suffering. Suffering is a fine and beautiful teacher and it too plays a perfect part in our Journey of Self Discovery....Not that we dwell there, but certainly that we can use it for The Grand Good It is here for.
Mistral

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:51 am

Really good stuff, mistral. Suffering has its place, too. We would not be on this forum if it weren't for Eckhart's (and Buddha's) suffering.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

mistral

Post by mistral » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:34 am

You know that wonderful semi-conscioucious state right before you fall asleep, or maybe right between when you awake in the morning but you are not quite fully awake. ...well, that is a wonderful time to think and wonder and journey into the deeper realms of the Mind. I have heard that it was in this strange twilight state that Newton came up with his apple idea and began to ponder the laws of gravity. Galileo conjured up his telescope while in this zone. And Einsteins theory of reletivity came to him as he was falling asleep and wondering and thinking; it is said that he was imagining himself in a elevator and what would happen as that box descended through space. Thoughts are really Divine Stuff. Actually ideas are really what everything is; consciousness and its ideas are one in the same.

I remember my first inkling of the Totality of God and the Infinite Enormity of God's Mind. It came to me via thought. Via my mind. Through mentation. (not meditaion)
Not by a blank mind, or an empty mind, but by way of wondering and thinking.

I still remember this, because it was such a profound moment. I was given a glimpse into the marvelous wonder, mystery and Reality of Life. I was probably about 9 years old. I was sitting at the kitchen table. I was pondering life, wondering about God, asking my self what infinite means. I looked out the window and saw the old olive tree. Then my mind’s eye began to travel beyond the tree. I saw the tree in the earth. then the hills behind the tree and my inner vision took me to see the whole planet earth and then I in my mind’s eye I could see the whole earth spinning in space. And I wanted to go farther. So I imagined my self out in space, beyond the planet, beyond the stars, beyond the Milky Way and in my imagination I kept going ….I imagined that at some point, way, way out beyond everything, out into the darkest most farthest regions of space that I finally came to a wall….a big enormous wall, almost impossible to get through, or over. But, that gave me to realize that if there was this impenatrable wall then there had to be something on the other side of it....so this could not be the end. I had not found the end; a wall perhaps, but not an end. There is something behind that wall I said….so, I climbed over the wall, since it was my imagination, I found a way over it. I went farther and farther, and if ever I came to another wall, I knew there had to be something behind it. Wall after, end after endings, and yet there was no real end because there really could not be. Wall created other side, ending created the endless. Either way, I had hit upon my first sense of a direct encounter with The Eternal One. I had intermingled my thoughts with Something Divine and Extraordinnary. I had encountered The Sweet Mystery. I saw that Life is beyond my comprehension and yet I could see that it must be something boundless, unlimited and greater than the sum of Its parts. A Mystery that could only be detected by way of all Its 'things'. Follow the 'things' and you get to the No Thing. Where do thoughts come from? They have got be part of God's Living Mind-full-ness. We use the words Consciouness and Awareness, but want to toss out thoughts and ideas? That makes no sense at all....What is MInd without the images and ideas...It would not be mind at all.....Mind is thoughts and ideas, that is what it is...two that are one, or can't have one without the other.

My thoughts brought me to realize God Itself. This first vision as a little girl brought with it the a little bit of the Light of Truth and has grown to be The Divine Grace that guides me always.

The Infinite Nothingness is God but It is my thoughts that found It, so to speak. Without the thoughts I could not have seen this. None of us would be here writing and thinking and communicating with one another. It is the ponering and wondering and asking, and thinking that is such a wonderful thing....and it can go anywhere it wants to go. Really if more of us did this this kind of thinking we might be 'farther along' in our journey to be the Love we Already Are.

Everything we write and share must come to us through thoughts and ideas, not through blankness and no-thought (though That may be the Source its not what we are to 'achieve or become'...Only God can be That or should be That, not me and you, we are His Glorious Ideas and we should be making the most of it! Enjoying the pure mentality of It All.

Ok enough thoughts for now, Mistral

CFSLosAngeles

Post by CFSLosAngeles » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:18 am

Windrider and mistral, et al,

The key word, as I mentioned in my reply post to kiki early in this thread, is IDENTIFICATION with thought. Once you are awakened, obviously you no longer invest a sense of self in your thoughts and you are able to fully rest in your natural essence; as a field of joy, love, acceptance, and boundless presence in oneness.

However, what I refer to as "poison" are the unconscious thoughts that are responsible for untold mental suffering and anguish, and that create a sense of separation from source, in practically every human being walking the planet. And the only "point" of thoughts that create suffering is to get us to awaken! After all, it's why we are here!

Says Eckhart in A New Earth (paperback ed.):

"I didn't realize yet that thinking without awareness is the main dilemma of human existence." -pg 32

"I didn't realize yet that thinking is only a tiny aspect of the consciousness that we are." -pg 34

Love and Serenity,

Michael

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 pm

However, what I refer to as "poison" are the unconscious thoughts that are responsible for untold mental suffering and anguish, and that create a sense of separation from source, in practically every human being walking the planet.

This must be made clear in your book then, otherwise people will go to battle against their thoughts, a futile prospect.

Putting awareness onto those thoughts which have been previously unconscious will expose them so that they are recognized for what they are. Once recognized as being there means there is now an opportunity to "step away" from automatically following them, from continuing to identify with them and remaining trapped by mind. At this point they wither away on their own.

Edited to add: This is where the value of meditation exists, in setting some time aside for simply sitting with eyes closed and watching what happens in the mind - to notice the thought patterns that continually arise that comprise the separate sense of self, to notice the beliefs that are very deep and subtle, to notice the first impulse of thought arising (my favorite thing).
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---