Snake in the grass

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
ubuntu

Snake in the grass

Post by ubuntu » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:39 pm

I used to have the mental chatter but looking back I think I knew I was always apart from that, now I can stay in awareness much of the time.

I still have thoughts, earlier today I was trying to think about what my thoughts looked like. They don't look like clouds floating by as some of you describe them, I dont't really see them till I see them then they are gone.

Today is a nice warm day so we went for a short walk to the river, while walking I noticed something from the corner of my eye, a green snake camouflaged against the grass about five inches from me and moving away into the bush that was about five feet away then it was gone, I went to see if I could see it but it wasn't there.

That was exactly like my thoughts. Then it reminded me of the bible story, Adam getting tempted and the symbolic use of the serpent.

God told Adam he could eat of any tree in the garden, which I take to mean ...In the present.
Not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, which I take to mean .. the product of the egoic mind.

Steve
There is only one thing I am certain of, I exist and I exist NOW.