Holosync

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
domokato

Holosync

Post by domokato » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:01 am

I visited another eckhart tolle forum and it seems a lot of people there use holosync, which can be found here. I'm not a big fan of the...ahem...extensive marketing on the front page, but I just ordered the free demo CD to check it out anyway. Does anyone here have experience with it?
~housecat

weopposedeception

Re: Holosync

Post by weopposedeception » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:17 am

I've been using holosync for about 5 years. I'm up to purification level 1. I like the fact that it puts me into a very deep meditative state, it feels more relaxing than deep sleep even. I think it releases endorphins, also.
The drawback is it's pricey and for certain people like myself it sometimes takes a while to get alert after running the program. I haven't had much problem with any "overwhelm" (emotional upset, supposedly a common side effect due to release of unconscious material). I have been doing many things over the last 5 years aimed at spiritual/psychological growth so it's hard to say how much a benefit the holosync has been.
You may be able to find a CD on ebay for a decent price.

CCBCPA

Post by CCBCPA » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 am

I only heard about Holosync because Bill Harris of Centerpointe, the company who markets Holosync had A New Earth followup free webinar series that included various speakers comparing their spiritual ideas to Eckart Tolle, A New Earth. The speakers were Ken Wilber, Byron Katie, Bill Harris, Genpo Roshi (Big Mind), and others. The series actually used the orange A New Earth cover art, even though it was not connected to Eckart Tolle. It was a series of talks to let you know that there are other
spiritual, enlightment systems you can explore and sign up for. From this I did sign up for a free trial of Byron Katie's Work on her new website. But I found I could not sustain working on her website with all the other things I am doing now. The menu of spiritual books and systems is growing in leaps and bounds.

I was repeatedly emailed with long emails from Bill Harris of Centerpointe Holosyn about the free trial CD for Holosync meditation brainwave entrainment system. I ordered the free trial Holosync CD and it was not very good because so much of it was interrupted by Bill Harris talking about brain wave intrainment.

I really did not want to buy the Holosync series but I kept getting marketing emails from Centerpoint which finally, wore me down, with the one year money back guarantee.

I received the first 3 Holosync cd's and listened to them for awhile, and I think I might return them. Holosync will be marketing to me forever with long wordy emails now unless I stop them.

And now they are marketing another system of free web talks to Unlock the Secret of the The Secret.

I am not happy with the marketing style of Holosync, it has turned me off to the whole system. Too many emails, too many words to read, too many manuals. It just doesn't go with Eckart's less is more style with words and stillness.

I am able to find many other less expensive brain entrainment mp3 files which you can sample before buying on Lala.com and on the web.

I am really happy that I found another related meditation series that incorporated Holosync techonology. Learning Strategies has created paraliminal meditation CD's featuring Paul Scheele that use Holosync techonology. I bought two of these Learning Strategies CD's (no committment to an ongoing purchase plan, no long emails every week, no complicated manuals. The CD's were reasonable, arrived fast) and I use them every night now. Holosync is gathering dust.

Also I bought the WildDivine Healing Rhythms guided mediation system which has biofeedback system that attaches to your fingers. The biofeedback technology in Healing Rhythms measures your skin conductance and heart rate variability. This input drives beautiful biofeedback challenges as you practice the meditation and breathing techniques from the expert guides in each step. This systems has really jump started my naive meditation practice because you can see on your computer screen if you are making progress or not. After 6 months of using this system, I really feel I understand meditation now.

Deepak Chopra and Andrew Weil and others actually do the computerized guided meditations and they are very good at it. I was able to meditate several hours a day with complete enjoyment with this system.

I am continuing my study of meditation with Adyashanti's audio version of True Meditation as well.

So hope this helps. Sorry for being so wordy. Really this is the kind of email you get every week from Holosync once you get into their system.
CCB

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Really this is the kind of email you get every week from Holosync once you get into their system.
LOL! Well then, thanks for letting us know that.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

domokato

Post by domokato » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 am

Oh...well, thanks for the heads up CCB. I should have expected as much just from reading the front page on their website. :\

Seems like they're trying to leverage the placebo effect with all the marketing.
~housecat

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm

domokato wrote:Oh...well, thanks for the heads up CCB. I should have expected as much just from reading the front page on their website. :\

Seems like they're trying to leverage the placebo effect with all the marketing.
Some time ago I downloaded everything that CCB has from the net and used the CDs for quite a while. I agree with you.
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Imed

Post by Imed » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 pm

I was interested in brain entrainment as well, and came across a much better alternative to Holosync about a year ago. It is called lifeflow. It is much cheaper than Holosync, and you can tell that the creator Michael Mackenzie is truly a genuine and caring person. I have purchased Lifeflow and have loved it so far. Micahel also answers all emails that are sent to him rather quickly and warmheartedly. There are also forums there filled with many caring people who can give you their own experiences of the Lifeflow product. I am in no way affiliated with Lifeflow but I found a product that I truly enjoy and find working wonders in my own life and would like to pass that on to others who are searching. If you would like to learn more about Lifeflow and the community over there, just go to he forums and check it out:
project-meditation.org/community
Last edited by Imed on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:34 pm

About five years ago I got into Holosync. It had a tremendous effect on my nervous system(for the better). Before Holosync I couldn't get into a deep state of relaxation. You might say HS rewired my nervous system. I used it until I got into the second level then it seemed to cause overwhelm, so I stopped using it.

I will always be grateful for what Holosync did for me. The advertisements that came in the mail from Centerpointe were no big deal to me. I just tossed them.

Javonni
When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti