Be Still and Know That I am God

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
lucy

Re: Be Still and Know That I am God

Post by lucy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi RC,

I have a question for you. Would Tolle's teaching be any less true if Jesus had not made the same references?

aquarius123esoteric

Sorting the wheat from the chaff

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Dear Friends – the way I see it, any knowledge one of us finds is meant to be shared with others and used for the purpose of helping our world and all those in it to evolve and grow, i.e. making it a better place for all. But, because of the precious gift of freedom of choice we are allowed to decide what we wish to take on board as our truth. Yet, every right also brings responsibilities with it and any newly found knowledge puts the onus on us for choosing wisely. That is why, whilst reading or listening to anything, it is advisable to make a habit of noticing the responses that come from your own heart and learn to follow them in all things. This is the voice of your inner guidance and teacher, your intuition; it will never let you down or lie to you.

There are many gullible people in our world and just as many who are all too happy to exploit this. Be careful and refuse to take anything that comes to your attention at face-value. Know that everything we become aware of in some way enters into our consciousness; we ourselves are responsible for what we allow in. It is up to each one of us to test and try things for ourselves and to establish whether the information before us has any validity for us. You are always the bottom line and you alone can decide whether you are willing to accept or reject what someone tells you, whoever this may be. It has never been my nature to wish to prescribe for anyone what to believe and what not. It is a matter of sorting the wheat from the chaff and that each one of us has to do for themselves. Knowing what is at stake for us and our world at the present time, who would still be foolish enough to dogmatically state this, that or the other is the ultimate truth that is valid for everybody?

We must choose very carefully as to what we accept as our truth. My advice has always been never to follow anyone blindly or take their words for gospel, no matter how high and holy the person or institution may seem to be. The information you are receiving from them could be outdated and further insights could be waiting to be given, maybe through you. If something you hear or read does not feel right, pay attention and listen to what ideas may come to you. Consult with your inner self by meditating and/or reflecting on the points in question, then wait and see what further insights may come to you. When they do, do not forget to share them with those around you. In this way we shall eventually all become channels of Divine wisdom and truth and be capable of acting as light bringers to our world. This will continue until every last shred of the clouds of ignorance that still darken our world have been dispersed and peace has at last come to our world.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Spindle torus: the individual and the universe are one.
Spindle-Torus.jpg

James

Post by James » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Cool... I like the image Glycine. Sometimes an illustration is more effective than words at pointing beyond concepts.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:19 pm

God within, God without. God everywhere, God in all things.
We just need to be still and we will know that we are of the same essence, from the same source.
Sad that many people have forgotten that today.
Many are still trapped in ego. I go in and out of ego.
When I am out of ego, there is such peace.
When I am in ego, there is so much emotions.
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

E2P:

> Many are still trapped in ego.

> When I am out of ego, there is such peace.
> When I am in ego, there is so much emotions.

This reminds me of something Gangaji said,
combined with your experience,
I guess she would comment something like:
there was awareness of peace, and there was awareness of emotions,
awareness is never lost, never taken over, never fouled, never trapped.
If this is true, then what is there to do ?

And yet, I suppose, what you say is also true, people -are- trapped in ego.
---ooOoo---

mistral

Post by mistral » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Spindle Torus

Jesus said : Do You not realize that He who made the inside is the same one who made the outside ?" (Gospel According to Thomas)

Mistral

RCharles

Post by RCharles » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Lucy said:
I have a question for you. Would Tolle's teaching be any less true if Jesus had not made the same references?
Hi Lucy, sorry it takes me so long to respond. I only have time to visit the forum once or twice a week. To answer your question, yes, of course Tolle's teaching is objectively true and valuable on its own merits. The fact that so many on this forum proclaim its benefits is enough evidence for me, not to mention my own very positive experiences. I just find Tolle's teaching personally more meaningful because I can see how his ideas dovetail with those taught by Jesus. Tolle himself points this out in both of his books, and he really opened my eyes to seeing Jesus in some new ways. For some the nexus of the two may be completely unimportant, since they have no connection to Jesus, but it's important to me, since I do have that connection. :)

RC
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 pm

RCharles wrote:For some the nexus of the two may be completely unimportant, since they have no connection to Jesus, but it's important to me, since I do have that connection.
Hi R.C

I only ask because in the beginning it was important for me to draw connections between E.T. and what I already felt comfortable with. It wasn't until I was able to let go of all those connections that I was able to see the Truth. In the hands of the "separate me", the Truth appears to be very mallable. To really see this, it is my experience that you have to be willing to let go of everything you belief in. You have to ask yourself if these words of Truth would affect you in the same way if they were uttered by Satan or the Anti-Christ, if not, then you do not know the truth for yourself but are attached to he who utters it.

RCharles

Post by RCharles » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:38 am

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the pointer toward truth. I can see you are guiding me, and I appreciate it. I'm just taking it as it comes. So far, the experiences of oneness I have had caused me to disappear, not Jesus. I have been subsumed in God as God subsumes and transcends all reality. It's wonderful! Maybe like flying without an airplane or swimming in the ocean where no land is in sight (neither of which I've ever done, but I'm grasping for analogies here). :D

I'll have to take your word for it on letting go of all concepts, including God. For now, I am joyful just to be where I am. :)

RC
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 am

RCharles wrote:For now, I am joyful just to be where I am.
:D

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 am

RC:
> For some the nexus of the two may be completely unimportant,
> since they have no connection to Jesus, but it's important to me, since I do have that connection.

Then you could choose to be grateful and loyal to Jesus,
perhaps you have a special bond with Him thats beyond physics,
perhaps this has been the case for many lives,
perhaps when he says -love- it has a deeper energy for you...

Perhaps it is all romantic bullshit, you are fooling yourself,
just an egoic trick to get you through the day.

Who knows ?
Perhaps both are true.
Perhaps 70 percent this, perhaps 30 percent that.

Who knows ?
Is there really an RC out there ?

Should one choose that what works ?
Who are we to judge, how to tell ?
Because are mind gets silent ?

Or should we just stay with the question ?

I-m going to clean the chain of my mountainbike.

Bye.
---ooOoo---

Ananda

Post by Ananda » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:38 am

eagle2phoenix wrote:God within, God without. God everywhere, God in all things.
We just need to be still and we will know that we are of the same essence, from the same source.
Sad that many people have forgotten that today.
Many are still trapped in ego. I go in and out of ego.
When I am out of ego, there is such peace.
When I am in ego, there is so much emotions
Really, the one who can 'go in and out' of ego is itself an idea, a thought. Nothing ever happens to you, you were never identified with a body or mind, you are simply that which you are, always. For you to be able to move in and out of a place, you would have to be inside space and time,and have a form. All space, time and form are a manifestation of that which you are, like a reflection or a miraculous appearance.

mistral

Post by mistral » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Yes Ananda, I was thinking the same thing when I read this, it is the "belief" that we are trapped, and the "belief" that we are a limited identity that lives inside the brain, or inside this sack of flesh, it is a belief that we need to 'be rid of ego'---it is the "beliefs" that need to be seen for the "untruth" that they are. Just as we have said a million times, it like the world is flat beleif--- The world was always round but when it was beleived to be flat, no one wanted to go for a sailing adventure.

Wrong 'beliefs" are the issue, not 'beliefs' in and of themselves. We can now say the world is round, and its true, but we also know that it is not 'made of matter' but in fact the whole universe is 'made of' Mind or Conciousness---like the stuff of dreams, holographic, unreal in the solid matter kind of way we think of as 'real'. All 'matter' is REALLY Mind stuff. All That Is is comes from Idea, the Divine Principle being the Mind behind the "picutre".

Well, anyway, What I am trying to say is that if we take our Identity to Be The Truth, Principle, The One Being All that Is, then we do not have to fret and worry about an ego being trapped when WE Are Already Free and the idea of being being trapped is a 'mistaken identity belief'. Always Isness Being All That Is, is the REAL And Eteranl and This is Our True Self, never trapped, never limited, never suffering or struggling to get some where.

Now is Who We Are, not 'someday'. Our Identity is Now, not a 'person inside Now"; No way there but to Be There.

Claim The Truth, The Living One, claim your Identity, Be The Real Self and LIve It.

It is not that Now is tributary to "I" or that I am tributary to Now; it is that Now and I are one Indentity, the same Being.

Mistral
Last edited by mistral on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistral

Post by mistral » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 pm

From "A Guide To Awareness and Tranquillity" by William Samuel.

Listen carefully: Nowness is not a framework within which Awareness operates. Awareness is nowness, Nowness is Awareness. The Now-am-I is my very being and Identity.

Listen again: The combination of awareness and nowness has been called (by philosophy) “experience.” Inasmuch as experience is the now-awareness and since this now-awareness is my Identity, This Identity I am is being all there is to this experience.

We do not have experiences. We do not suffer through one experience after another. We are no longer acted upon by events after we recognize that experience is the perusal of Identity. Experience is Isness being Self-aware. The experienced is the image of the Self.

Do you see what this means? We need quake no longer at that which turns out to be the mere shadow of our Self. Eternity is but the never newness of Now, Pristine Now is “my” Identity. Nothing can happen to “me” unless it can happen to Eternity.

Re-Identification is instant release from the misidentification’s self-stultifying pronouncements and from the effect they appear (to the misidentification) to have.

With Love, Mistral