John Lennon

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
SatisfiedOne

John Lennon

Post by SatisfiedOne » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:48 am

Someone mentioned him as a visionary in another thread.

I love "Imagine" but I really don't know much about his music, sadly.

Is it possible that he entered an awakened state of being? Did his music/life take a sudden and divergent path? I am suddenly curious now, lol.

DWBH1953

Re: John Lennon

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:57 am

SatisfiedOne wrote:Someone mentioned him as a visionary in another thread.

I love "Imagine" but I really don't know much about his music, sadly.

Is it possible that he entered an awakened state of being? Did his music/life take a sudden and divergent path? I am suddenly curious now, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

goldenbirdies

Post by goldenbirdies » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 am

SatisfiedOne wrote:
Highly probable, I would say, like"Instant Karma"!

More of a challenge for a "superstar" to cast aside ego, I should think, though....

Or maybe he was awake all the time.... :wink:

David
David

Steal Softly through Sunshine, Steal Softly through Snow - Don Van Vliet

goldenbirdies

Post by goldenbirdies » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:53 pm

An afterthought:

Awake or not, there was at least one occasion he didn't make it out of bed... :lol:

David
David

Steal Softly through Sunshine, Steal Softly through Snow - Don Van Vliet

doug

Post by doug » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:47 pm

he was just like all of us...except cooler! :P

SatisfiedOne

Post by SatisfiedOne » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:12 pm

"Let it be" is a good one too.

Also "Blowin' in the Wind" --Bob Dylan

mukau

Post by mukau » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:50 pm

I've no idea if he was enlightened or not 8) and we'll never know. Your question makes me think about the question itself: how do I know anyone is enlightened? Do I think ET is? Yes. What makes me think that? Is it because I respond to everything he says with a "Yes!"? Does that make him enlightened? The fact that I agree with him?

I don't think it's the content of what ET says that tells me he's enlightened. For me, it's the energy in his voice, in the chuckles, the smiling energy. The congruence of what he's saying and the energy that he's saying it with.

As I write this, it suddenly makes sense to me why I actually can't seem to read ET but can listen and watch all day long. I love reading, btw - but I have to hear ET.

WildFlower

Post by WildFlower » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 pm

The Beatles - Tomorrow Never knows:

Turn off your mind, relax
and float down stream
It is not dying
It is not dying

Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining

That you may see
The meaning of within
It is being
It is being

That love is all
And love is everyone
It is knowing
It is knowing

That ignorance and hate
May mourn the dead
It is believing
It is believing

But listen to the
color of your dreams
It is not living
It is not living

Or play the game
existence to the end
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning

I don't know if John was enlightened but he was certainly aware of spirituality to write words like those. Geroge Harrison was definitely enlightened.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:58 pm

IMAGINE
Imagine there’s no Heaven;
It’s easy if you try;
No Hell below us,
Above us only sky.
Imagine all the people
Living for today.

Imagine there’s no countries;
It isn’t hard to do;
Nothing to kill or die for;
And no religion too.
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace.

Imagine no possessions;
I wonder if you can.
No need for greed or hunger;
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people,
Sharing all the world.

You may say that I’m a dreamer,
But I’m not the only one.
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

What an inspired vision of the new Heaven and Earth in the Aquarian Age the Universe, whose channels of communication we all potentially are, gave us through John Lennon. Born on the 9th October 1940, he was a Sun Libra, the peacemaking sign of the zodiac, and the vision that was given through him was a true one. In the New Age all religions will go from our world because there no longer will be any need for them. Considering how much misery and suffering they have brought and still are bringing into our world, who wouldn’t be glad about that?

Here we are at the beginning of this age and already we are finding a new perception of the spiritual concepts of Heaven and Hell as states of consciousness. Isn’t it good to know that in truth they never were places that anyone actually goes to, and that they are states of consciousness which the human soul creates for itself and those around it? The higher and highest levels of life are what used to be known as Heaven. These echelons belong to beings of light – called Angels by some, including myself. They are above everything that dwells on this level of life; they are responsible for it and bring it into manifestation; without these beings there would be no life on the Earth plane. The sky above us belongs to this plane and its perceptions. Complete with the planets moving in their orbits and distant stars twinkling down to our plane, it is an outer manifestation of the higher and highest realities with their higher and finer vibrations. When the earthly self’s inner eyes eventually open to the awareness of their existence, in its contacts with them its own vibrations, over time, very slowly begin to adjust themselves to the higher ones.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

Juniper22

Post by Juniper22 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 am

"Don`t think of goodness; don`t think of evil; at this instant, what is your original face?" Hui Neng

Juniper22

Post by Juniper22 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 am

"One and one and one is three... got to be goodlooking cause he`s so hard to see."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3RwJ4- ... annel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArDBGyYb ... annel_page
"Don`t think of goodness; don`t think of evil; at this instant, what is your original face?" Hui Neng

HowToKnowGod

Post by HowToKnowGod » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 am

I'm sure John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and George Harrison (not sure about Ringo, but probably RIngo too) have all had glimpses into "presence" or whatever you want to call it. They've also all had fairly active egos, especially Lennon who was often in an aggressive mode, even when promoting peace.

I think it would be fairly difficult to have that amount of fame and somehow bypass spirituality. At some point you're going to stop and think, "Is that really me making those songs? Did I really star in the most popular movie this year? How did I come up with that music? Is this all a joke?", etc.

Juniper22

Post by Juniper22 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:52 am

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:21 am

The Beatles spent quite a bit of time with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi - learned to meditate, etc. There was a falling out later, but they were quite familiar with Eastern thought.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Juniper22

Post by Juniper22 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLPDCmAn ... annel_page

Pete Best - "Such a sad story, I wish I had time to properly discuss my feelings about it but either nobody cares anymore, or nobody asks."