Is there purpose?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
CCBCPA

Re: Is there purpose?

Post by CCBCPA » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:27 am

So generally our purpose is to extend the periods we stay in the Now. Since most of us are just beginning to realize how to do it for short periods of time.
CCB

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:30 am

doug wrote:CCBCPA...My (our) inner purpose is to realize Being as the one true self...The only place and time that this can ever occur is in the here and now.
Well said Doug you got it!
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Juno

Post by Juno » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:36 am

CCBCPA wrote:So generally our purpose is to extend the periods we stay in the Now. Since most of us are just beginning to realize how to do it for short periods of time.

That's what I thought for a long time. But it's to actually realize we are the Now. To awaken to What we are.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

CCBCPA

Post by CCBCPA » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 am

We are like a bird cracking open its shell, half in and half out. The shift in consciousness is taking place in more people now, but equally the Ego in some people is struggling even harder to keep its illusion from falling apart.
CCB

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:20 am

CCBCPA wrote:We are like a bird cracking open its shell, half in and half out. The shift in consciousness is taking place in more people now, but equally the Ego in some people is struggling even harder to keep its illusion from falling apart.
I sincerely doubt that the illusion will ever fall apart. It will stay steady and strong I feel.
What seems to be happening is more people are waking up but once you wake up the illusion is still there. The difference is now you know who you are and that is not part of the illusion.
I am painting here with a broad brush, I only see 2 things one is the self that I am and everything else is illusion which includes the mind, being a person, the world etc to inlude all except the Self who I am. If illusion fell apart and was no more the world, people everything would be gone. I am very grateful for the illusion as it allows me to play and be in this world, in a world. Though I am more grateful to know myself that which will never fall apart nor change.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Sw A Devagni

Post by Sw A Devagni » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 pm

It is, but see my post on Genpo Roshi on Eckhart Tolle. It should come up in the search.

D.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:45 pm

There is no purpose. If there is, it is simply to experience the joy of being.