A question to the group-Reality Check

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:05 pm

I have a question or really more of a open ended comment to the group here.
A few moments ago I received a pm from one of its members here saying that
at times I have condescending tone with people. So I am asking do you feel that way about me and please be honest no shame here folks we are all here together as one.
I ask because the poster could be right I really do not know because in my being I never see anyone below me, I see all as myself.

It is only my intention on this board to share what I know to others that they may also share.
If for some reason I make that more diffcult than it needs to be please tell me. I do not get upset at all when someone shares from there heart on how they feel. I will admit that I write what I write as it comes up in the moment and I do not think at all on how it will be recieved by the readers. So if I have offended any one or made anyone to become defensive with me then lets get that correct so we can get on with the group here to freely discuss our feelings, thoughts and anything else on non duality.

I also want to thank the member who will remain nameless for the PM as quite honestly I had no idea.
I welcome your feedback
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6365
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:01 pm

DW -

Twenty posts a day is a lot. I personally do not have an issue with the content of your contributions so far.
I don't agree with everything you state, but in general I do agree. I also do not think you have been particularaly offensive.

But the volume of interaction makes me wonder if you have a strong need to dominate a board to which you have belonged for only two weeks. It strikes me that a sense of respect might include cutting back to ten a day, which would still be more than anyone else.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Sighclone wrote:DW -

Twenty posts a day is a lot. I personally do not have an issue with the content of your contributions so far.
I don't agree with everything you state, but in general I do agree. I also do not think you have been particularaly offensive.

But the volume of interaction makes me wonder if you have a strong need to dominate a board to which you have belonged for only two weeks. It strikes me that a sense of respect might include cutting back to ten a day, which would still be more than anyone else.

Namaste, Andy
Thanks but if others post more then mine would seem less no?
Actually I am between a couple of things now and have more free time.
Certainly no need to dominate but your board gets little postings as it is.
You really think 22 posts is a lot in the course of a whole day?
Take a look at a board like Sarlos gurus raters and get back to me on number of posts per day.

I just added this part Andy the board has really 4 fiffernt forums that are activeso if I post only 5 posts in each of the forums that is 20 posts. Seriously 5 posts per forum is a lot to you, I am not trying to be diffcult but to understand your logic.
All it takes is for one person to reply a couple of tmes and your at your 5 posts per forum.

I do not see where respect enters the picture it is not like anyone else cannot post as much as they wish also. I never heard it put like that before Andy.
thanks for your input, but I was not asking about the number of posts why would I see it a point of disrespect if another poster had 40 more posts per day, I would just think he is more active than I. Some people are just more social than others.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6365
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:42 pm

DW -

You say:
I do not get upset at all when someone shares from there heart on how they feel.
Then you defend and argue and redirect my comment. Sounds like you are upset. Makes me wonder what else you have said about yourself is not true.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Sighclone wrote:DW -

You say:
I do not get upset at all when someone shares from there heart on how they feel.
Then you defend and argue and redirect my comment. Sounds like you are upset. Makes me wonder what else you have said about yourself is not true.

Namaste, Andy
I am very surprise at your last comment
What makes you feel I am upset. I am not you feel because I counter what you said about number of posts that I am upset. For the record I am not Andy I simply disagreed with you and was trying to find out why you felt 20 posts a day was a lot and also shared with you that I was not trying to dominate the board. I still wonder when people disargree with you do you normally feel you upset them?
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

goldenbirdies
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: St.Ives, Cambridge, England

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by goldenbirdies » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:15 pm

DWBH1953 wrote:I have a question or really more of a open ended comment to the group here.
A few moments ago I received a pm from one of its members here saying that
at times I have condescending tone with people. So I am asking do you feel that way about me and please be honest no shame here folks we are all here together as one.
On an earlier post today (under Questions) I made what we in the UK call a sharp exit (more like a blunt exit !) after reading a comment of yours about Oneness and paradoxes. It might have seemed that I was fed up, and I might have been - but mainly because of my own confusion, not because you had been offensive. In fact, on reflecting on your comment, I realised it was an extremely illuminating point you were making.

Personally I find most of what you write to be well considered and objective, and you are not afraid to be critical where called for - this is a positive as far as I am concerned.

You do write quite a volume, but so do others - no problem.

David
David

Steal Softly through Sunshine, Steal Softly through Snow - Don Van Vliet

User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6776
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:49 pm

DW, there are primarily two types of posts on this board. Those that inquire for greater understanding and direction, and those that offer insights and pointers. (Others are just informative but set those aside.) Either side of a question can be valuable (enlightening) to its contributors.

Your posts often seem to be of an authoritative nature that lacks in alignment with Essence. In other words, tend to be a bit intellectual stemming from memories rather than direct expression of your true nature. The fact that you post so frequently only adds evidence to the likelyhood of memory based responses. Now, I may be off base here, and you may be in constant harmony with Source and always speak from stillness; but I don't get that sense from your comments. I suspect the PM you got came from a person who has a similar sense of your posts. (Kudos to that person for contacting you out of public view.)

It's easy to fall into such a mindset. Anyone who has experienced a flash of awakening is inclined to give books to all their friends and neighbors and tell them every thing they know of their newfound insight. I know I've been there, and as much as I learned some valuable lessons, the urge to repeat from memory is never far away. One may easily point out some of that in my contributions to this forum.

But you have asked, so I hope you receive what you are looking for. Your inquirey in this thread seems genuine, and that is always an expression of integrity. I would only suggest that before you comment on most any topic that is intended as a pointer to another's awakening, that you sit for a moment in stillness, and get your deepest possible sense of your intended expression. When you do so, you can feel the love that flows with the offering; and that helps both writer and reader.

WW

User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:06 am

Webwanderer wrote:
But you have asked, so I hope you receive what you are looking for. Your inquirey in this thread seems genuine, and that is always an expression of integrity. I would only suggest that before you comment on most any topic that is intended as a pointer to another's awakening, that you sit for a moment in stillness, and get your deepest possible sense of your intended expression. When you do so, you can feel the love that flows with the offering; and that helps both writer and reader.

WW
Dear WW,
Thank you WW in the short time here I have come to value much your insights with others here on this board. I can see the love that you put into all your posts and this one is no exception. Your suggestion of stillness is right on, though I do feel I come from that place there is always room for improvement on my side of things.My own awakening was far deeper than just a few insights and because I have been around this subject for a long time and have so much info inside that I have to agree with you that just because I can share on every topic does not me it is in the best interest to share on every one.

Thank you again
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 am

goldenbirdies wrote:

Personally I find most of what you write to be well considered and objective, and you are not afraid to be critical where called for - this is a positive as far as I am concerned.

You do write quite a volume, but so do others - no problem.

David
Thanks David! Now I suppose you want the $50 we agreed on.. :wink:
I hope you stay around a while but if not may your trails be happy ones
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

User avatar
Javonni
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:14 am

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by Javonni » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 am

Randji, my friend, it could be that you come across as blunt; I mean you tell it like it is which doesn't bother me but some people might find that overwhelming. I enjoy your 'over the top' personality and you are extremely giving with your time and recommendations on the board but there again, some people could find it to be a bit too much.

Just giving you my perspective which could be entirely wrong. :)

In friendship,

Javonni
When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti

User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:04 am

Javonni wrote:Randji, my friend, it could be that you come across as blunt; I mean you tell it like it is which doesn't bother me but some people might find that overwhelming. I enjoy your 'over the top' personality and you are extremely giving with your time and recommendations on the board but there again, some people could find it to be a bit too much.

Just giving you my perspective which could be entirely wrong. :)

In friendship,

Javonni

Understood Thanks!
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6365
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by Sighclone » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:31 am

DW -

I don't mind you at all, Randji. I mean that. You are just not used to me yet. My phrasing was intentional. It was very easy for me to call you on your response to me as being "upset" because that is certainly how it sounded.

But these posts have only printed words and lack 70% of real communication which is body language and tone of voice. So...you were not upset...I understand and accept that.

We have had a few others comment on your explosive arrival here. Their comments have been mixed. WW is a bit suspicious of the depth of your Being. I don't particularly care - I'm more concerned with balance. And, believe it or not, love.

In the last few weeks, my style has changed a bit. I'm a little edgier. I'm best when I'm a mirror. But I'm not perfect. I do appreciate your asking for feedback about your participation. I hope you receive it well. I also think you use the "copy" feature excessively - do you know how to extract just a phrase or two rather than an entire page, followed occasionally by one word or an emoticon?

Also, your sentence structure is occasionally very sloppy, ignoring punctuation, syntax and grammar. Is that intentional or just lazy?

Namaste, Andy

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

User avatar
DWBH1953
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:59 am

Sighclone wrote:DW -

Also, your sentence structure is occasionally very sloppy, ignoring punctuation, syntax and grammar. Is that intentional or just lazy?

Namaste, Andy

Namaste, Andy
Probably more on the lazy side. Why would WW or anyone be suspious on the depth of my being is there a test next week LOL.
Really guys the only reason I came to this board was to share which hpefully helps people, and it does some just take a look at some of the comments I get on my sharing all were postive until I opened the door today in a public forum to ask and then the only ones that came out of the woodwork to comment more on the negative side of things were the moderators Oh and a nice postive comment from David who I am happy is still here. But before today, before I received the first sort of negative email from a member everything said about me in public on this board has been on a postive note.

You see I am rarely ever concerned about what others think of me ie how awaken if awaken I am bla bla bla but I do have a concern if something that is unconscious to me is effecting the whole that is why I went to the board today to address the group.
Randji knows very well where he is and how awaken he is on and on.

Oh sorry I forgot Javonni her comment was a nice one but blunt lol.

So Randji is happy to be here carry on and Andy no worries after all that is what I am all about DWBH Dont worry be happy.

So who is handing out the test next week?

To all a good night
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6776
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:17 am

Sighclone wrote:

WW is a bit suspicious of the depth of your Being.
Huh? :shock:

HermitLoon
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Good Question

Re: A question to the group-Reality Check

Post by HermitLoon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:24 am

The single greatest impediment to self-realization is language.
Peace

Post Reply