constant music in the head

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
innerpeace2u

constant music in the head

Post by innerpeace2u » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 am

I know this is a very unique subject but something I have wondered which I haven't read about yet.

This is for those who have music or a melody playing in the backgroud of their minds often enough to be a distration at times. When it comes to quieting the mind, or meditating, it is one thing to focus on breathing and awareness, but it is far more difficult to clear through the melody that sticks like glue even after non-resisting and allowing it to be there.

Anyone else have this happen, or any suggestions?

aquarius123esoteric

Re: constant music in the head

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Dear Friend - I have always found if a tune comes popping into my mind time and time again, it is because it wants to bring me some kind of a message and guidance from my inner teacher and Highest Self. It may be just a word - maybe a whole line - but the song is usually trying to tell me something; I imagine that something similar could be happening to you. Just try it and see!

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

heidi

Post by heidi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:08 pm

I tend to sing along. :)

Here is an earlier discussion about this subject - radio in the head:
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... ead#p33582
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:07 pm

You're on one today Heidi. You make me laugh!
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

innerpeace2u

Post by innerpeace2u » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:35 am

Thanks for the sharing gang.

There is no words that I'm really paying to, just the melody in the head that gets in the way of meditation, but as you mention, I just accept it and continue regardless. :mrgreen:

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:40 am

Innerpeace, that reminds me of a suggestion. Don't resist it just let it be there. If you resist you feed it energy. I bet it will dissapate.
Last edited by Juno on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

great2be

Post by great2be » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:18 pm

most people listen to music whilst engaged in other activities, so it becomes 'background' music
this is one of the reasons that you then have the music continuing when the sound source has ceased

if you listen with complete attention, then you will find that music doesn't continue to be repeated over and over in the mind

anyway, at least you'll have music whereever you go :)
An imaginary seeker, seeking an imaginary goal.
Realise the nature of imagination and the fallacious effort ends.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?

What happens when the dog runs faster?

E1lycat

Post by E1lycat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:10 am

For me, the songs usually get triggered by an event or a thought that's aligned with the mood of the song or the lyrics. I can think of a hundred examples where this has happened, but one would be.. where I'm passing a commotion or accident on the road and I think 'What a madhouse! And everyone's stopping to look!', and then it's hello Britney Spears singing Circus over and over again. :lol: :lol: It's actually a great way to enter presence because when I totally accept that it's there, and completely unresist it, the mind ceases and I enter peaceful stillness :D
I am in need of nothing but the truth

-ACIM-