First There Was a Mountain...

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Webwanderer

First There Was a Mountain...

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 pm

First there was a mountain,
Then there was no mountain,
Then there was a mountain once again.

I am interested in our members sense of this little well known phrase. Any comments are appreciated. Who said it? What is its intent? What is its value as a pointer?

WW

HermitLoon

Re: First There Was a Mountain...

Post by HermitLoon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Peace

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 pm

The world is illusion. Brahman alone is real. The world is Brahman.

That's what the mountains phrase makes me think of. I don't know who said it but I look forward to finding out. The value to me is to know we are this/that and everything.
Thanks for the post. Should be interesting what everyone has to say.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:33 pm

tried the link HL but it's not working...

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Click on it and wait Doug - many others are "there" :)
Peace

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 pm

I was there. I don't know where you find this stuff HL.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Re: The Mountain

How about joining me on a journey through my version of the enchanted Universe? Are you ready? Sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin. First picture yourself as the Lord of all Creation. No, you are not sitting on a mountain top. There aren’t any, because so far you have not yet created them or anything else for that matter. You just are. You are the masculine and feminine creative energy of the Universe, and you are in perfect balance. You are pure thought, no more, and you are all of Creation. But, stop here for a moment. This word does not fit, at this stage. How difficult it is to describe these processes within the limits of language.

You fill All and the All neither has a beginning nor an end. You are abstract, a thought, an idea – the thought, the idea. There is nothing else and time does not exist. You are creative energy and you are restless, constantly feeling the need to be on the move and to create something new. You start to create spiritual beings, lots and lots of them and you create worlds for them to live in. One fine day, in a manner of speaking only, because there aren’t any days, you think: ‘Why is it that I feel more restless than ever before? Having created all those spiritual beings and their worlds has not exhausted my creative urge. I feel like a change. What could I like to tackle next?

What if I started to create some material worlds from nothing but pure thought? Now, there’s a challenge for me. How about expressing all my different aspect in matter, to show me and those living in this world, who and what I am. Hmm ... Who am I? What am I? Good questions! How can I find out about myself and how can I get to know myself? How shall I bring this into being?’ An idea of great significance and with far-reaching consequences begins to grow in you: ‘If I want to express my creative ideas, to be grounded in matter, why don’t I first create myself a feminine form? Ah yes, so it shall be! The age-old human masculine desire for his feminine counterpart has its origin in this phase of the Universal mind’s creation of matter.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 pm

HermitLoon wrote:Click on it and wait Doug - many others are "there" :)
oh man! how could I have missed it? Donovan was one of my favs in those days but I haven't listened for years. Thanks.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 am

Aquarious, I appreciate your input, but I don't presently have the perspective and context of the lord. Somehow there is a message for our current level of perception in that pointer. How can this phrase help in my awareness? Can we gain some clarity on it?

WW

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:12 am

Oh, thanks a lot WW, now it's playing in the radio in my head. Donovan - how about Mellow Yellow? Quite rightly :?

First there is a tune-in-the-head and then there's no tune-in-the-head, and then there is...
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 am

heidi wrote:Oh, thanks a lot WW, now it's playing in the radio in my head. Donovan - how about Mellow Yellow? Quite rightly :?

First there is a tune-in-the-head and then there's no tune-in-the-head, and then there is...
Well you said you like to dance to the music in your head...enjoy :lol:

WW

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:23 am

heidi wrote:Oh, thanks a lot WW, now it's playing in the radio in my head. Donovan - how about Mellow Yellow? Quite rightly :?

Yes and that you just sing along....... Be careful what you say :lol:
Huang Po

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 am

Transcendence, baby. Call it mellow well oh.

Caterpillar sheds its skin to find the butterfly within...

I'm loving having this song with me right now. And yes, singing.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

mistral

Post by mistral » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:00 am

Yes, Heidi said it short and Sweet, "wonder on the Third wave"

I have a longer version: :roll:

Here is how this verse has become understood by me. First I romped and roamed and dared and danced and enjoyed the world…I thought the world was an objective place; I was someone inside a body and there was a little ‘me’ with a mind of its own and it peered out from inside there and that ‘little me’ had particular name with particular life of its own, and she wanted all kinds of things and all kinds of adventures... … This was the first view of the Mountain; The world was matter and material and everything was real… just the way it was…this ‘person’ I called me was born with life inside this body and I was separate and apart from other persons and I looked out upon those others as if they were ‘not me’. The world of things that ‘out there’….I had an objective view of the world.

Then one day the world 'out there' turned on me... the world ‘out there’ scared me, and my romping came to a halt, and reality became much too real and things became very frightening. I wanted to save my self, I wanted to rescue me from the fear and the trepidations brought on by that big world out there.

So, I went on a search for some understanding, to find some answers that would help to make that world ‘out there’ better and make ‘me’ feel safe once again.

On this search, I came to find that I was not some little entity living inside a bag of skin, dependent on blood and pumping organs…I found out the this body was within My Life and that ‘My Life’ was not ‘inside this body’ but that Life Itself was My Real Self and that the Life I am is Everywhere, and All That Is. It is not dependent upon any body or anything, all body and things are Within This One I Am. All that I thought was ‘out there’ i discovered to Within Myself….I began to see that Life was subjective, Mind, Consciousness, Oneness of Being and all within me, that ‘how I lived’ would make my world better…That finding Peace within would be the answer...That it was about Mind, the Mind of God that I was the ‘beingness of’….I realized really Alright just the way I was...My Self was being This Presence, Here and Now, untouched, unharmed, Immutable Source that is Pure and Perfect, and the Total Awareness That I Am. I touched The Infinite Life and Light and saw that I was, somehow, one with This Infinity. I began to feel safe again...I was the same one as this Immediate Presence that is Aware of Entire Universes including things unseen and dimensions as yet unexplored. I began to relax and live again....I found out that there was no one to protect, no one who needed rescue, no one ‘personal’ ‘in here’ inside ‘known as ‘me’.

That was the “no mountain’ phase. The reality I used to know, the first Mountain, was gone, I understood it was all illusion, was not real, could not harm..…I thought “well now I have found real Reality” there is no me, and no other and all is illusion and I safe by knowing this...… I was seeing and living the fullness of the No Mountain life…no me, and nothing to worry about or fear for….nothing was being me or anything….All was well.....End of the road, that’s it, I got it, yippee…

Little did I know….Nope, that is not it entirely….

After a long time of exploring this idea of Oneness and getting very well versed and established in seeing my Identity as ‘nothing’…

Hmm, how to say this…. This part of the story is not easy to tell because it is in a million layers of time and events and lessons that continued to unfold, as I stayed steady on my course of 'no me' 'no ego' nothing to do about anything...…Living did not stop ehen the ‘me’ seemed to have..…. so I will try to hasten the gist without the million layers….

Years passed....the years did there work on me...they honed me, they tuned me, they chopped me, they wounded me, they tore my heart out, they pummeled me, ...they just about killed me...The Divine Discipline I call it but you can call it Life Itself...a mighty Good and Loving One this Teacher Is...

Well, all that pummeling just shook and stripped me to the core....Vulnerable and honest and this time, Really Real, not looking for help to save 'me'...raw and alive I became...naked in the Light...Grace arrived..and with that...to my wonder and surprise something odd started to happen while all that goes on... slowly, imperceptibly, little by little I began to romp and roam and dare and dance and enjoy the world once again. Nothing left of me...except Love...I began to love me, love who I am, be delighted with myself, love it all, love the world, illusion or not, what is or what is not..... and I began to feel like I did when I was a little girl; fearless and free and funny and charmingly delightful (at least to me) I became Me again, it was as if I was born again…and Life's batterings were fine by me...It was like standing in a rain storm, exciting and wonderful and thrilling and all the pain and sorrow and fear was gone but was also richer and fuller and deeper like a Beauty and depth beyond this world...and I was REALLY Me and I Was Real and Raw, in a Real World with Real people “out there”…all kinds of wonderful REAL people…Everything now was Both “out there” and “in Here”…It was both…like a Third Place, I had came to this Wonderful synergistic Alive Real place that included ME! Yes, it is wondeful....I combined of both ‘not real’ and Reality...Like Alchemy, from out of my broken heart, there came this New World a Heaven and Earth world…Two worlds that made a third world…a world where I understood I was forever safe and whole and perfect as The Light Eternal of Godhead’s Awareness and I was not safe, and anything could happen, and it was a treacherous world of sudden endings and new beginnings, this the illusion world was also a perfect world….I love them both, I am now a two timer, mad and passionate love affairs with both at once…In love with both at once….A Threesome we are....The Holy Trinity, I do believe is This....Seeing the Beauty in Both AT Once...Loveing It All entirely..….

And this was Thrid Mountain, the Mountain again….I was back where I started, Child of God, young and free as the wind... and not afraid to say it…Child of the Universe and loving the Wonder it is to be Me…Here in this Third Place, The Mountain Again, nothing was the same, but everything was the same…nothing changed, but I changed and I changed and the world changed, and I did Not change, I only found My Self…That is what I did…I found My Self…or maybe I should say, My Self found me….It found Me... Whatever it was, I am who I was even before time and space ever was….and I am this One for ever and eternally so….Now there is A Mountain…

Much Love, Merry Angel - Mistral

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:25 pm

‘First there was a mountain,
Then there was no mountain,
Then there was a mountain once again.’

Dear WW – the way this quote spoke to me was through my story of the enchanted Universe. In the great Universal Mind, of whom each one of us is an integral part, there arose the idea of creating a mountain. There was a mountain, but it only existed in Its mind, hence the statement: there was no mountain. Then the Great Mind got to work and created matter and from it a mountain – lots and lots of them later.

Does that still not speak to you?

With love – Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com