Stop and Breathe Everyone

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
kiki

Stop and Breathe Everyone

Post by kiki » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:50 pm

Lots of drama playing out here lately, both publicly and privately, so everybody stop a moment and ask yourself why you are here and what you want to gain from this discussion community. Use whatever triggers defensiveness as a clue to deepen your inquiry into what you are; being honest with yourself will deepen presence and reveal truth, but evading or not wanting to find what might be found will likely deepen drama and turn this place into a free-for-all. "Personally", I've seen enough of that everywhere else, so let's all just take a moment and get in touch with what really matters and then, hopefully, this place will be more of the haven that it is intended to be than the mad house that it is showing of late. You can start by just feeling yourself breathing in and out and feeling the space that is within.

This board, by design, is primarily intended to be a place of sharing what has been found through presence and assisting others in doing that, but its intent doesn't always align with what happens and it occasionally it gets sidetracked. I guess that is to be expected once in a while, given how the mind is so adept at wanting things its way. It is easy to slip back into defensive positions at the expense of finding greater clarity within, so when you find yourself losing a sense of peace and connectedness that is telling you something important.

Certainly disagreements will arise, but when disagreement leads to inner division you know that peace has been lost. So, use disagreement to explore what is being held on to - perhaps there is something worthwhile that is being missed. Are you willing to find out? At the very least one can agree to disagree, and at the most one can see with even greater clarity, but becoming attached to angry and defensive feelings that arise out of "personalized viewpoints" stands in the way of the purpose of this board. Let those feelings become a gateway to peace based on inquiry rather than the building blocks of division.

One final suggestion: Please, everyone, read the Forum Rules and Guidelines and do your best to follow them.
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... f=9&t=2051
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... um.php?f=9
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Stop and Breathe Everyone

Post by erict » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:02 am

Thank you for this wonderful reminder.

In this opportunity, I would also like to say, that to me, you are one of the strongest positive forces in the forum, making it the truly wonderful and different place that it is. There is no doubt in my mind that without your presence, this place would be quite different, and not in a good way. :)

Thank you!
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

James

Post by James » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am

Well said Kiki and Erict
Let's give everyone that makes this forum possible a round of applause, the board founders, moderators and financial supporters alike. This is a unique outlet here on the internet, and those of us that frequent this site our blessed to be able to read and share here. I for one am grateful.

Thank You

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 am

Agreed. Thank-you all.
Be present, be pleasant.

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:27 am

Peace

doug

Post by doug » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:36 am

of course...Thank you!

from me and the kitty on my lap whom I used to beat daily before coming here.
:mrgreen:

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 am

Thank you! :D
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks!
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:22 am

Not only do I agree with kiki, I accept that I have contributed to the problem...watch me stop!

I remember having to say something like this to an excellent team of workers a few years ago...thanks, kiki.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks Kiki, for that breath of fresh aire. It is well needed. These are some trying moments here, but I have no doubt it will make us better. Thanks for your wise guidance Kiki, and thanks to the many members who make this forum a place where clarity is more than just an idea.

WW

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 am

I'm breathing, I'm breathing! Image

Thanks to the mods and Administrator for this board. I hit the jackpot when I came here!

Javonni
When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti

mmy

Post by mmy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:22 am

I am so grateful this was brought up. I have enjoyed this forum up until the last few days. I came here last fall to read, learn, and maybe share. I sometimes have a hard time articulating the words I want to get out but I don't compare myself to others like I used to. We all give and receive from this forum in our own way. I try to share when I'm moved to, even if my mind tells me I can't get it into words. The last few days I wouldn't post on here even if moved to. For me, that is back to my conditioned past, the scared little girl is just going to get shot down with whatever she says. So I thought about this in the last few days and I thought if this is what this forum is turning into and I feel like this, then am I moving away from oneness and truth of what I am? (my question to myself). I won't let that happen. I don't agree with some things written, and some spiritual teachers I don't relate to, but I don't feel the need to argue. I laugh, I cry, I relate, and sometimes a profound truth will reveal itself in a way I need. I've gotten book recommendations, videos, etc. that were great timing for me. Lately I seem to see so much ET bashing - his money, his talks, his insights, his style, his this his that, he's phoney, he's parroting, he's this he's that and book suggestions or other teachers are shot down - he/she is not enlightened, he/she is copying what others have done, he/she is inaccurate, he/she is this, he/she is that. And then it moves on to members - too much reading, there is an ego/there isn't an ego, I'm at the top of the mountain/you're not, I'm judging/I'm not judging, stop this stop that. This is stuff I see enough of already, I come here to be, resting in awarness and peace. I have laughed, I have cried, I have sensed my own ego, my own division but through all that I felt peace and a space for this, sensing presence. A forum like this is a gift, a special gift, and one I am graced to have found. I don't expect all bliss, fluffy clouds, and harps; we also learn from strife. I decided I am going to continue coming here, reading what brings a deeper sense of clarity/awareness and bypassing what takes me away from truth.

Thanks kiki for bringing this to light.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:32 am

Thanks for your beautiful reminder mmy, you're the reason we're here.

WW

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:35 am

I come here to be, resting in awarness and peace. I have laughed, I have cried, I have sensed my own ego, my own division but through all that I felt peace and a space for this, sensing presence. A forum like this is a gift, a special gift, and one I am graced to have found. I don't expect all bliss, fluffy clouds, and harps; we also learn from strife. I decided I am going to continue coming here, reading what brings a deeper sense of clarity/awareness and bypassing what takes me away from truth.
Thank you for expressing why, I am sure, others come here as well. Let none of us lose sight of what is primary - the sensing of presence/being/stillness in whatever way works best for you. Everything else is detail that is just a distraction.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

James

Post by James » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:40 am

MMY wrote:
I sometimes have a hard time articulating the words I want to get out but I don't compare myself to others like I used to.
I think you express yourself beautifully, I have found your posts to be inspirational. I am glad you decided to stay.

james