Can one see consciousness?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Juno

Can one see consciousness?

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Curious what the forum has to say. Can we see the movie screen that's behind the movie of this world?
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

DWBH1953

Re: Can one see consciousness?

Post by DWBH1953 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:45 pm

That would be what's on the screen of consciousness. I know it permeates everything. But I want to know if there is someone on here that's seeing what I'm seeing.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Every description of consciousness I've heard/read about includes the word "formless". If that is the case, and I have no reason to doubt it, then that means it has no attribute which would distinguish it from anything else. Obviously, what you are seeing is subtle, but it would still seem to have some sort of characteristic, so who knows for certain just what it is. Perhaps the sensory range of your vision is expanding so it includes more subtle forms of energy.

That being said, let me describe what I see. With eyes closed there is no object seen (obviously), and there appears to be "blackness". But it isn't really "black". It shimmers/radiates/glows with a light like quality that can't actually be called "light", and yet it seems like light - quite difficult trying to put words to it. It's almost if that glowing darkness has depth, like some highly polished surface. With open eyes and a soft focus "it" is still there, but it usually gets overlooked when focus is fixated on objects. When looked for, however, it is still there, but it is less obvious than with eyes closed. Just to see what happens I will see if I can become more adept at noticing it with eyes open.

The movie screen analogy is pretty good for consciousness/awareness, but when you think about it, unlike a real movie screen, the screen of consciousness would have to be three dimensional since objects appear in three dimensions. So we would literally be not only seeing what's on the screen of consciousness but we would be within the screen of consciousness. Of course, that's the point that is being made repeatedly by nondualism, that we are consciousness itself and that the objects that appear within it are not separate from us, and are in fact expressions of our very Being.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Unmanifested, in Tolle terminology consciousness underlying and permeating all. Unseen, unfelt, unknown, but wait - known but not "known" for knowing somehow makes it want to be manifested, felt but then feeling brings about an attempt to manifest in words or pictures... :)
Though one may experience it, and try to describe it, it then rolls itself over onto itself and becomes manifested and is no longer that which is trying to be described, seen or felt... Paradox at its very best.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

tod

Post by tod » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 am

Juno wrote:Can one see consciousness?
Thank you for this question Juno. As far as I can see, we only ever see 'one-thing', whatever 'it' may be termed. And we make something of this. Are we not always making something out of nothing, or the one-thing.
Last edited by tod on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 am

Though one may experience it, and try to describe it, it then rolls itself over onto itself and becomes manifested and is no longer that which is trying to be described, seen or felt... Paradox at its very best.
Nicely put, Heidi. And that paradox makes for great entertainment. Just think how boring life would be without paradox.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

doug

Post by doug » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 am

yet...recalling an ET description of conciousness compared to H2O...matter (ice), thought(liquid), spiritual (vapor)

conciousness is all we CAN see...if we see at all...which of course we do since you/me/we ARE THAT

see? :lol:

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:15 am

:)
Last edited by HermitLoon on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace

Juno

Post by Juno » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:20 am

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. What I am seeing is clear yet I can see it. I guess more like I see through it. It's easiest to see in the bright blue sky. Like tiny globules making squiggly patterns. They seem to be tiny white balls, sometimes with a black spot, that appear for a second or two, leave a slight trail mark then dissapear again. When you pull back your vision you can see the whole field pulsate in synchronized rhythm. It's always easiest to see in natural light but it can be a cloudy day too. I see it inside at times too trying and not trying. I think a lot of people see this yet it may be overlooked. Imagine that. But I have asked several people through the years and they say they don't see it. In a book called Hands of Light is where I first learned about what Barbara Brennan calls the universal energy field UEF. I knew immediately what she was talking about when she described it because I've seen it since I was a kid.
Here's some little clips out of the book..... Visual observations reveal the field to be highly organized in a series of geometric points, isolated pulsating points of light, spirals, webs of lines, sparks and clouds. It pulsates and can be sensed by touch, taste, smell and with luminosity percievable to the higher senses. This field is the opposite of entropy, a term used to describe the phenomenon of the slow decay that we so commonly observe in physical reality, the breaking-down of form and order. It appears to exist in more than three dimensions. Any changes in the material world are preceded by a change in this field. The UEF is always associated with some form of consciousness, ranging from highly developed to very primitive. It is synergystic and builds form. It seems that it is always continuing to create more energy. Like the cornucopia it always remains filled no matter how much you take from it.
So I've been curious since awakening about other people seeing this. Sound familar? What do you think?

Monica
Huang Po

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 am

Juno wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.
So I've been curious since awakening about other people seeing this. Sound familar? What do you think?

Monica
Hi Monica,
I think you may be on to something with hands of light. I met a Chineese man a master of Qi Gong that could place his hand under tin foil and create enough heat to pop pop corn. I saw this first hand. However all this stuff though entertaining is of the mind. Speaking for myself it has nothing to do with awakening in the sense I use the term with non duality.
The ability to change manipulate energy, see auras, pop pop corn lol etc is still on the level of the 5 senses of the mind abeit very refined.
The ability to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you as a person does not exisit is on the level of awareness where there is no-mind.
Still must be pretty cool to see all of this and still drug free!!
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Juno

Post by Juno » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:36 am

Hi Randji,
The ability to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you as a person does not exisit is on the level of awareness where there is no-mind.
What I am seeing exists before mind. It is what mind is made of. Mind can not come into form without it.
The ability to change manipulate energy, see auras, pop pop corn lol etc is still on the level of the 5 senses of the mind abeit very refined
It's not our everyday senses that allows one to see this. Through our chakras it is allowed to be seen. We sense our essence of oneness through our chakras. Our chakras are the bridge to experience the manifest. We don't really hear the silence or feel the stillness that is spoke of it's a sense through our chakras for example. Consciousness comes from Source. I don't see consciousness as the same as awareness. Awareness to me is Source experiencing itself through consciousness which creates everything to experience everything. So what I'm saying is I think consciousness can be seen. It's not the Absolute. I don't exist on the level of awareness/absolute as a person, but I do as consciousness the way I see it.
Maybe that makes it more clear and I am drug free! :D
Huang Po

Juno

Post by Juno » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 am

Kiki Thank you for really going into your experience. Your desciption is interesting.

Just like you said too we are in the screen. What I see is everywhere. Through me and everywhere around me and I feel quite sure we can not exist without it. The book I mentioned says that and it makes total sense to me.

Again Thank you. Let me know if you start "seeing" more. I will want to know.
Huang Po

Juno

Post by Juno » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 am

Unmanifested, in Tolle terminology consciousness underlying and permeating all. Unseen, unfelt, unknown, but wait - known but not "known" for knowing somehow makes it want to be manifested, felt but then feeling brings about an attempt to manifest in words or pictures...
I love this Heidi! Leave it to you to speak this way. Perfect!
Huang Po

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 am

Juno wrote:Hi Randji,

Maybe that makes it more clear and I am drug free! :D
Well said Monica you were clear to begin with, Oh drug free was my attempt at humor which seems it failed, Oh well
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana